3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    If you mean simultaneously, no, I don't believe thats even possible, but installing each individually, then a quick reboot, and as long as the cias are good, everything should run smoothly.

2. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

ok nps everything individally including updates and dlc should i reboot and run games before dlc install?
    i have all the games in my cia folder now if thats ok if i install the individually?

3. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    You won't have to run each one before installing the DLC, and like I said, sometimes fresh installs won't even unwrap without a reboot, so that would be very unlikely you'd even be able to stop and launch each one.

Just run FBI, locate the cia's and install them.
    Use "Install Cia" if you don't have a back-up of the file, or want to keep them after install, or the "install and delete cia" if you have back-ups or are worried about space.

4. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

i went to make a nintendo account before installing any cia games but was unable to unless i upgrade.

my questions is it ok to install the cia without a nintendo account or is that a red flag for ban or something?

Should I update my firmware to latest version ? or should i wait few days to see if eveything is stable and safe?

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 5, 2018
  5. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    This depends on if you are on Sighax or A9LH, if you are using Sighax/Boot9, Luma, then go ahead and run the Luma updater to install the current nightly, 9.1-89cc6ed.

After that it will be safe to update your system to the recently released 11.9.0-42, which will give you access to eshop, ect again.

After the updates there's a couple of settings you can tick-off to prevent untested system updates, until they are confirmed to work.

Go to Internet Settings>Spotpass> select no for both Automatic Software Downloads, and Sending of System Info

Connection Settings>"Your connection">Change Settings>DNS>Auto-Obtain DNS, select "No"> Then enter 107.211.140.065 under Primary DNS
    This will prevent your system from being able to download system updates without your knowledge, but won't effect eshop.

If there is a future update compatible with your Cfw, you can simply go back to the DNS settings and hit "Yes" to re-allow updates, and selecting "No" will disable it again.

If you are unsure if current official is safe to install, just check to see if Luma has any updates, and dont be afraid to ask if its supported.

If you are on A9LH, I'm afraid someone else will have to answer, because I have no knowledge about it.

Last edited by E-ZombieHERO, Dec 5, 2018
  6. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I done them settings
    Also the primary dns not getting internet now is there a primary and secondary for Europe or all the same?

I installed method on 3ds hack guide few weeks ago I assume I’m on Sighax/Boot9?
    Homebrew Launcher (Soundhax)

I’m on luma9.1.89cc6ed it said im on the lastest one? And no update

I found this post on forum is that a better DNS server for me to use?

Set your 3ds' primary DNS server to: 159.203.242.044

This will prevent you from downloading the automatic update
    , so you should stop getting prompts asking you to update.

There's a lot of speculation about what 11.8 does, but what's important right now that everybody stays on 11.7 until we can figure out how to move forwards.

taken from https://pokgear.com/blog/block-2-3ds-from-firmware-updates/
    You don't need their app to use their DNS.

You can also follow this guide:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-the-3ds-from-receiving-the-wifi-update-using-opendns.375643/

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 6, 2018
  7. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    The DNS I gave you is the Tubehax DNS, which works on Wii U and 3DS, but I've never heard anyone mention it not working in diffrent countries.

I left the secondary blank, but you could try,
    Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065
    Secondary DNS: 107.211.140.065

Just remember you will need the DNS set to auto when updating System firmware or in some cases games.

But as for if you can, you are up-to-date for Luma, open Luma updater and look on the top screen for Payload type. If it says Sighax then you can update, create your NNID then switch the DNS back to manual.

If the internet connection test is failing with the DNS settings or you cannot open any sites in the web browser, then it be better off to just leave DNS as Auto and turn your wifi switch off while the systems asleep or not in use.

If you are on the new 2DS which doesn't have a switch, just press L+Down+Select to open the Luma menu>System Configuration>Toggle Wireless.

The system doesn't update automatically, but, does download the update while in standby or through spotpass, so the Turbohax, or just toggling wifi when not in use, will save you from receiving the "system update" message that prevents games from opening if your console is outdated.

Last edited by E-ZombieHERO, Dec 6, 2018
  8. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  9. erickmena

erickmena Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Honduras
    Hi, I have a question. So I just cfw my O3DS with Luma, and have converted a few gba roms to cia’s. I injected them via fbi. They all work normally, my trouble is with the ones that use autosave, for example Final Fight One says it’s aunable to autosave and despite giving me an option to try again it just doesn’t. With Klonoa it doesn’t give me an error but it just doesn’t save my progress. I tried Mario World Advance which has no autosave but instead prompts the option, with this one I had no trouble. Has anyone experienced this? Did I miss something like creating a folder or enabling a save option? Please help me cuz it just drives me crazy. Thanks!

10. BrentNL

BrentNL Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hey im a noob in this, but i played Pokemon Diamond yesterday, and i needed to blow in the mic, so i blew in the mic of my New 2DS XL. But it didnt recognise my blowing. Is this because the mic is broke or does the New 2DS Xl filter it out? And can i change this in a CFW or normal nintendo system?

11. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    How much free space should be left in 32gb sd card?

12. Electricimex

Electricimex Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Indonesia
    So i have a n3ds xl that has luma 9.1 and am thinking of getting a flashcard. Any recommendations on which flashcard i should get?

13. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    No, the N2DS doesn't "filter out" the microphone and it works with all compatible NDS titles just the same as it does with 3DS.

If you mean directly after installing CFW with no games, you should still have almost the entire SD card.

14. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Yes. And why should it "filter" the microphone? @BrentNL Just run the microphone test in the second page of the System Settings to see if it is a hardware failure.
    MicrophoneTest.

15. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    I don't believe he wants it to, just miss understanding the hardware. If the microphone doesn't function during the test then there's not much CFW can do at all, because that would make it a hardware issue.

However, Diamond and Pearl are not reliable sources of if you're microphone works because they only used the microphone for voice chat during online battles, and recording Chatot's cry.

Last edited by E-ZombieHERO, Dec 7, 2018
  16. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No I mean when u have all ur games how much should u leave free ?

17. E-ZombieHERO

E-ZombieHERO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    United States
    The general rule for any storage space is 10% so as long as you leave a minimum of 3gb you won't have to worry about the SD slowing down, I usually leave about 5gb.

18. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I intalled CIA smash bros and update 1.6 CIA says it was a region free game. Msg in game says it needs update

How do I update safely? In FBI it say region free a problem for updating

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 8, 2018
  19. TheBassQuake

TheBassQuake Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Quite new to this, but have modded my 3ds-xl using the method here :

3ds.hacks.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)

Installed a few .cia games fine, but what doesn't work anymore are original carts or the flash cart I originally used.
    Just doesn't appear on the screen once inserted...

Is there a setting I need to tweak to get that working, or is this just a side effect of installation of the updated firmware?

Thanks.

20. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    The ntrboot-flashed card does not appear in the Home Menu (exception: Acecard 2i) until you flash the original firmware on it. This is explained on the guide.
    The cfw installation on the 3DS has no negative side effects on cartridges (but the positive effect of being able to use out-of-region 3DS games).

If there is no logo on screen no matter what cartridge you insert, I would guess: Bad cartridge reader. To test the hardware: Insert any normal (3)DS game and start GodMode9 by holding “Start” while booting and then go to
    [C:] GAMECART
    Press “A” to access the gamecart. It should show the name/id and size of the game (and you should be able to dump the cartridge).

Quantumcat likes this.