1. Lemmingz

Lemmingz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Make sure your 3DS is running the latest version of bs9 & update Luma to the latest version as well & you should be fine

2. boombcrews

boombcrews Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need help with my 2ds it stays on black screen. I checked to make sure if luma was updated to the right version for 11.8 and it was 9.1, cleared home extdata, and tried booting without any cartridges for about 10 minutes but it still stays on a black screen the last thing I was doing was just playing luigis mansion

Last edited by boombcrews, Oct 6, 2018
  3. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Dominican Republic
    He rushed the video and didn't check the files because of that. Shame that it happened, but it was going to happen at some point. I have helped people troubleshoot his tutorials, and the cause has been a lack of files sometimes.

He's still a notable guy that many, many people follow, for good or bad. You just have to hope he... stops his wrongdoings.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Try booting without your SD card

5. Vinícius

Vinícius Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    It seems like the process that Quantumcat send to me. I updated following this guide here: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
    Everything is running well, do I need to remake everything?

When I mark the first option on Luna, it shows the firmware version.

6. Hidetora

Hidetora Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so just today i homebrewed my 3ds (from a different source sorry) & when i tried to install & launch FBI i keep getting this error message about a backdoor & need to know if there's any alternate methods in installing FBI on my 3ds.

7. Quantumcat

Australia
    You need to follow https://3ds.guide. Having homebrew on its own doesn't give you enough access to install anything.

Vinícius likes this.
  8. AtelierMari

AtelierMari Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hey, pretty simple questions here I've read about it a bit but I just wanna ask to be 100% sure before I buy anything.

I have a New 2DSXL and I want to play DS games on it, if I buy a flashcart like R4i Gold, can I play DS games using that without hacking my system?

Thanks for any help~

9. Quantumcat

Australia
    Yes, but make sure the flashcart says it works on latest firmware before buying it.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  10. G0rril4z

G0rril4z Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Guys, I'm trying to decide which way to go when buying a New 3DS, so I have a few questions:

1) Flashcards (no custom firmware at all)
    - Is the Sky3DS working with the 11.8 firmware? Is it possible to safelly play online with it and how?
    - Which flashcard should I buy to play NDS and Emulators like SNES, Genesis, Gba, GBC on N3DS? (if it is possible to play those emulators on flashcard)

2) CFW
    - Which method is the best/safest to softmode N3DS to play on and offline games today?
    - I heard that Nintendo is banning some softmoded N3DS, is it true? Why and how to prevent that?

11. DiscoMunkey

DiscoMunkey Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks to you guys I have a cfw Wii u and it's awesome.

Question- If all I want to do is run NES/SNES emulators do I need to do the cfw/homebrew stuff or just a flashcart and sd like I have read. I have a new 2ds xl current fw btw

Pretty sure reading thru here it will just want verification

Last edited by DiscoMunkey, Oct 10, 2018
  12. Quantumcat

Australia
    You can get homebrew access only by using steelminer - check out http://steelminer.jisagi.net/ for a guide. It isn't that much extra work to get CFW after you've done this though. If you are interested, after you've installed steelminer for homebrew access look at https://jisagi.github.io/FrogminerGuide/

For nes emulators it may be possible to run those with normal DS flashcarts, but for snes you will need a DSTwo. Much cheaper and easier to use homebrew.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2018
  13. Nuggets56

Nuggets56 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I'm trying to install a hack on my 3ds, and am completely stuck on what to do after getting homebrew. What do I do?

14. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    unless your unable to read. There was a reply to your other post about this which goes over a lot of what you can do next. What hack are you trying to get?

15. Nuggets56

Nuggets56 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I came here looking for a more in-depth explanation as to what to do after this. I'm genuinely just lost and confused since I only started tinkering with my 3DS today. As for what game I'm trying to hack, I'm trying to hack Fire Emblem Awakening to get the Gay Awakening hack. Sorry if this isn't the right place to go, I'm just in need of help ;-;

16. Quantumcat

Australia
    You can use frogminer. See the guide link a few posts up. If you have access to homebrew already you won't need to do steelminer.

17. Nuggets56

Nuggets56 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, I've tried using frogminer, but I got stuck at the first step of part 2, since my homebrew app wouldn't launch anymore

18. Quantumcat

Australia
    Why not, what happens? Do you have CFW already? What do you see if you hold Select on boot?

19. Nuggets56

Nuggets56 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, when I open Homebrew, it sends me to a debug screen, and I'm not sure why. As for if I have CFW already, that's a no. And if I hold select on boot, it just takes me to the home screen as usual

20. Quantumcat

Australia
    Can you show a picture or a video (vimeo is an easy way to upload videos)? How are you opening homebrew?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,