3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably at home.
    That card can be used to hack your console and play 3DS games. Read this for more info.

islander2013 likes this.
  2. E5IO

E5IO Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    Italy
    Wherever you could imagine
    Ok, my friend just broke his n3ds and got a n2dsXL, had my bootntr and everything set up so i did the hacksnstuff and everything went ok, but when opening the home menu none of his old games or apps shows up. I changed the folders names (The ones inside the Nintendo 3ds folder) but maybe I should chenge other things, help me pls

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you put the SD card from one console into another, that won't allow you to play the games from the old console. You would have to do a system transfer.

NFates likes this.
  4. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Hello milady, I did everything here and i'm running Luma 9.1.
    Here some questions:

1 - In the Luma configuration, should I keep the "Show NAND or user..." option marked?
    2 - Should I mark the "Autoboot emuNAND" option?
    3 - How do I know it's safe to update the firmware?

Thanks in advice!

5. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    1 & 2 - won't make a difference really. 1 is only for display and 2 won't do anything if you don't have an emuNAND (it will still boot sysNAND).
    3 - you can check on the forums. Generally there is a post about the new firmware update within an hour of it going live. Currently you can update to the latest (11.8).

Vinícius likes this.
  6. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    Hmm, ok!

When I go to settings menu, it shows "Yakara Nintendo 3ds".
    This mean that I'm on the emuNAND, right?
    It's safe update from there?

7. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It should only say "sys", "emu", or "ver". Are you looking in the bottom right of the top screen in settings? What version Luma do you have?

8. NFates

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably at home.
    The guy who sold it to you used some Colombian youtuber's files. He leaves a watermark in everything. Ever heard of a wave of bricks in January 2017? That was him.

Delete everything except your Nintendo 3DS folder, then follow this:
    After that you should be free of Yakara trash files.

Vinícius and Quantumcat like this.
  9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Was this person on YouTube known as, El Taller De Yakara (or in English: Yakara's workshop)?

What kind of watermarks are left behind using his 3DS hacks? Are they in the homebrew apps? I tried looking for those files on YouTube and his hacking service site (can't link it here because he offers selling pirated games) but couldn't find them to check out.

I would like to know firsthand what this problem is like if it's commonly encountered by 3DS users from Latin American countries.

Were you yourself part of that early 2017 brick wave? :\

10. JamzOJamz

JamzOJamz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    Canada
    This might be the stupidest question that anyone has ever asked, but how do I change a thread title? I read somewhere that you can report them to a mod asking for a new title but I cannot figure out how. Thanks in advance! :D

11. NFates

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably at home.
    Yup, that's him. Can't say much about his current doings, but from what I remember, he:

-Modified code in SafeA9LHInstaller to have his name.

-Created (or modified, most likely) a chainloader menu to have his name.

That's off the top of my head.

The brick wave was because of him having his console's otp.bin on the files you were supposed to download. Here is a Reddit post about this.

I did start getting my feet wet by watching his videos, as I'm Latino and he has some fame around here. But more seasoned people do know he's not reliable.

I was this close to being a part of the brick wave, but I chose to wait some days to see how everything turned out. This saved my console, and I obviously didn't trust Yakara anymore after that. I promptly followed someone else's tutorial (another spanish-speaking person, as Plailect's guide hadn't reached my eyes).

Last edited by NFates, Oct 6, 2018
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  12. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    For your Z-Themes thread, yes? Message Tools > Report.

For a wider audience, share the goodies at:

:(

I feel kinda bad for that guy as that could have been anyone in his shoes. Looking through his video playlist and website, he's clearly a very experienced homebrewer with a variety of video game systems and not just the 3DS. While leaving behind the opt.bin is an easy enough mistake to make, it sucks that it had to be someone like him, being that he was a leading 3DS homebrew authority figure within the Hispanic community before the brick wave.

The attention must have gotten to his head... I think he might have been able to salvage whatever goodwill he had if he never edited his name into works that weren't his to claim.

Hey, if I ever become someone like that, knock me down a few pegs, will ya? It's good to know stuff, just not be full of one's self.

NFates likes this.
  13. Lemmingz

Lemmingz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2017
    United States
    Make sure your 3DS is running the latest version of bs9 & update Luma to the latest version as well & you should be fine

14. boombcrews

boombcrews Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    your mums closet
    I need help with my 2ds it stays on black screen. I checked to make sure if luma was updated to the right version for 11.8 and it was 9.1, cleared home extdata, and tried booting without any cartridges for about 10 minutes but it still stays on a black screen the last thing I was doing was just playing luigis mansion

Last edited by boombcrews, Oct 6, 2018
  15. NFates

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably at home.
    He rushed the video and didn't check the files because of that. Shame that it happened, but it was going to happen at some point. I have helped people troubleshoot his tutorials, and the cause has been a lack of files sometimes.

He's still a notable guy that many, many people follow, for good or bad. You just have to hope he... stops his wrongdoings.

16. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try booting without your SD card

17. Vinícius

Vinícius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Sete Lagoas
    It seems like the process that Quantumcat send to me. I updated following this guide here: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
    Everything is running well, do I need to remake everything?

When I mark the first option on Luna, it shows the firmware version.

18. Hidetora

Hidetora Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    United States
    Okay so just today i homebrewed my 3ds (from a different source sorry) & when i tried to install & launch FBI i keep getting this error message about a backdoor & need to know if there's any alternate methods in installing FBI on my 3ds.

19. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You need to follow https://3ds.guide. Having homebrew on its own doesn't give you enough access to install anything.

Vinícius likes this.
  20. AtelierMari

AtelierMari Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2013
    Hey, pretty simple questions here I've read about it a bit but I just wanna ask to be 100% sure before I buy anything.

I have a New 2DSXL and I want to play DS games on it, if I buy a flashcart like R4i Gold, can I play DS games using that without hacking my system?

Thanks for any help~