3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    Luma 7.1 is compatible with B9S 1.0 only, unless he has one of those Legacy versions that were used in the "I don't want Rosalina" 8.0 times.

2. Kimari94

Kimari94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2018
    United States
    I downloaded the latest release from GitHub is it possible for me to update or reinstall B9S

3. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    You don't have to do that. Just install the app normally.

4. Kimari94

Kimari94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2018
    United States
    Well I decided to backtrack and I redownloaded B9S apparently I had the wrong version the first time. I was able to get Luma 9.1 working now. Thank you for your help.

Btw I am a woman

Resaec likes this.
  5. Waveracer

Waveracer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks for your reply. I looked up there but no luck. So basically, someone has to convert a legitimate download to a cia file?

"Him" is the shorter way of referring to anyone when you don't see their faces, like on an internet forum, and that includes women.

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    google (the name of the game).cia and the result you want is the 3ds related website with iso in its address bar . . . i cant hint any clearer than that
    thats how it works but if you can find that iso site then you can find all the dlc's/updates you want as people ripped and uploaded all sorts of stuff already

Last edited by wormdood, Sep 24, 2018
  7. Waveracer

Waveracer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2016
    Yes I found the site, but the file I am looking for is not on there.

8. guardian13angel06

guardian13angel06 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States

Last edited by guardian13angel06, Sep 25, 2018
  9. steamcheapcom

steamcheapcom Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States
    I have a New 2DS XL on 11.7.0-40U . I was reading that if I put CFW on it I can't put it to sleep mode. Does that mean I can't close the lid?

What CFW/version should I be using? What guide should I be using?

10. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    old info that no longer pertains to 3ds hacking

luma cfw and the latest fw version (both the cfw and the ofw)

3DS Hacks Guide - 3DS Hacks Guide

11. llvictorll

llvictorll Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello guys. I've upgraded my o3ds to B9S following 3ds.hacks.guide. I was at 9.2 sysnand with menuhax and everything was fine. Now i'm at 11.8 with Luma, everything is perfect. The thing is I still dont know very much about B9S or CTRNAND. I've been researching a lot and I've learned many things, including how to use the Godmod9. I've already tested emunand, dumped my cias, made nand and emunand backups, etc. But i still have one question: I have a lot of nand backups, including old sysnands, like 8.0, 9.2, etc. If I restore one of those old nands to my sysnand with godmod9, will I have to do the B9S process again? Like the sections on the guide "Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS" and stuff? Or I would not have any problems?? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

12. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    assuming you are applying the nand image to sysnand yes you would have to find a version of luma compatible with that fw and copy it to ctrnand . . . but there is no reason to do this . . . and if you were applying the nand to emunand then no changes would need to be made

fyi the nand backup can be applyed to either nand regardless of the type of nand backup
    ex rednand to emunand
    emunand to sysnand
    nandmin to emunand
    ect.

llvictorll likes this.
  13. llvictorll

llvictorll Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Thank you for your reply.

Actually, the main reason is related to LOGS. I have a lots of clean NAND backups, with no cfw usage. I feel safer to go online with my original games on those clean NANDS.

For example, I've already tested restoring and old nand to EMUNAND. Everything was fine, no need to do the B9S process again. My 8.0 nand backup was restored on emunand and it was patched, so I could use cfw if I want to.

To go online, I did this:

1) Create an emunand with godmod9
    2) Restore and old nand backup with no cfw usage, so no logs
    3) Updated my emunand to 11.8, no problems what so ever.
    4) If necessary, I can use Rosalina to restore and edit saves of my games, with no logs.
    5) Go online with my original games (i feel safer this way)

I asked about doing that on SYSNAND because everything worked great on emunand. Also asked to understand how this B9S and Luma works. But now I know that I will lose the CTRNAND (and I guess Luma) if I restore and old nand to SYSNAND.

But here goes another question: If I restore and old nand backup to SYSNAND, and then UPDATE, I will lose CTRNAND and Luma. BUT CAN I STILL USE GodMode9? EVEN AFTER I UPDATE? Or GodMode9 is part of Luma?WILL MY O3DS LOSE ALL PATCHS? If GodMode9 is avaliable, I could restore (AGAIN) another nand backup (with CTRNAND patched and Luma working) and everything is fine again on SYSNAND.

Thanks again

Last edited by llvictorll, Sep 26, 2018
  14. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    thats not really needed . . . at all . . . honestly
    sure you can and whats more depending on the luma version/ofw version of the nand backup you may not even need a to redo luma/ctrnand

llvictorll likes this.
  15. llvictorll

llvictorll Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    That's GREAT! I've already have a 11.8 luma/ctrnand nand backup.

So, even if I restore a clean old 8.0 nand backup (not patched with luma/ctrnand) to SYSNAND, I could still use godmode9 and restore my 11.8 patched nand backup.

No way to permanent fuck my sysnand if I have a 11.8 luma/ctrnand nand backup, is that right? Or is there any way to lose the godmode9 access?

Again, thank you very much for the reply.

Last edited by llvictorll, Sep 26, 2018
  16. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    b9s (the exploit you use) boots before the system fw so no no changes to the system fw will affect gm9

llvictorll likes this.
  17. llvictorll

llvictorll Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Awesome. So with GM9, I dont see a way you could fuck your 3ds if you have a nand backup.

Thanks for the explanations. It was very useful!

18. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    even without a nand backup . . . there is a process called ctrtransfer that one could use with gm9/d9 to salvage a bricked system
    the only exception being psychical damage

Last edited by wormdood, Sep 27, 2018
    llvictorll likes this.
  19. Dougg

Dougg Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    The CFW guide says I need a powerful graphics card to run it. My laptop is awful and I really don't have access to a high powered computer. How necessary is the graphics card and how could I handle this?

Thanks!

20. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted