jayetyler Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  2. weika

weika Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    A few questions regarding region locks/unlocking:

1) I'm kinda new to this but I have a US 9.2.0-20 3DS and I want to bypass it's region lock to get JP games. What's the best course of action I can take to do so? And will online functionality on my US 3DS be blocked?

2) Let's say I get a JP New3DS and I want to use my US 3DS games on it. Is that possible yet?

second question is more or less the same as the first but I just wanted to know at least lol. Thanks in advance.

3. DryTaste

DryTaste GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Online should work IF you can bypass the region lock, game-updates are a no-no sadly. Best way is to wait for the gateway 3ds update to support 9.x. There's no other solution yet.

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    It's not possible right at the moment. It is only possible using the Gateway card, which only currently supports up to fw4.5. Support for fw9.2 is coming to Gateway, but we don't know quite how comprehensive the feature set will be (if it's basically similar to Sky3DS, then it don't be region free).

However, Smealum claims that region free should be possible with the Ninjhax exploit. It's not ready yet, though.

5. weika

weika Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So it's either I get a gateway card when support for 9.2 fw is implemented (and region free feature is available with it) or wait if region free will be somehow worked through the ninjhax exploit, hmm.

Thanks for the input you guys!

DryTaste likes this.
  6. DryTaste

DryTaste GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Exactly :)

7. phazonknight

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So I have a us version of animal crossing thats .3ds and I recently got a .cia eur region unlocked animal crossing and was wondering can I transfer my save file from the .3ds version to the .cia one using savedatafiler?

8. zingers

zingers Member
    Newcomer

Just recently got a sky3ds and loaded a few games onto the card without issue, super smash bros even indicated that version 1.0.4 needed to be downloaded from the eshop. Done this and the game works flawlessly apart from if I try and go online and it reports this card is not supported and an error code. I am aware of the risks with these things but surely it hasnt been blocked already?

9. someguy12345

someguy12345 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    [NINJHAX] So, I think (hope) I didn't do something right.

SNES games run extremely poorly on the system to the point where half of them freeze and crash the application, requiring a forceful shutdown of the system. At first I thought okay, it's just a bad emulator, but it even freaks out for games which I know other people have gotten to work.

Example: Super Metroid appears to run fine from the start screen to the opening cinematic, but as soon as you get to the actual gameplay, all you see is a blue background (though you can hear Samus jumping and walking around if you fidget with the controls). I'm using the "unofficial" 1.19 version.

3DSCraft is also buggy too. It frequently freezes and crashes the system, similarly requiring a forceful shutdown. Also, I can't destroy blocks.

I even uninstalled the hack and reinstalled it, making sure twice that I selected the correct firmware, but no dice - still performs the same.

I have firmware 9.2.0.20U on an OG 3DS. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Is anyone having similar problems or did I do something wrong?

(first post, yay!)

10. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    All 3DS homebrew is, at the moment, in a very early stage. So it *will* be buggy. It will improve over time.

11. atptsoi

atptsoi Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Hey guys,

I've just loaded the rom into my gateway and in gateway mode pressed select and the rom loads up in the start menu. However, once i launch the game it gets stuck on the nintendo 3ds screen and doesn't progress from there. I'm using the alpha sapphire with the online patch as a rom.

What's the fix for this? Thanks!!​

12. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hi, can I update my nand using Gateway v1 through roms like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to infinity?
    Thank you for answering this question. :D

13. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Brazil
    apparently yes, but I never found a guide to that

14. Nirmonculus

If I could get it to work, I'll make a guide. But my game won't show up. I installed the gw v1 already and is on gateway mode but the game I've written in the micro sd card MH3U, won't shop up...

15. piratesephiroth

Brazil
    is it a .3ds rom? it won't recognize .3dz
    also I don't think you can use an up-to-date Gateway cart with Gateway v1 launcher

16. Nirmonculus

Yes. it's .3ds
    I'm changing the game to Rune Factory 4 see if that works to show up and play first.

17. xiaolin20

xiaolin20 Member
    Newcomer

Qatar
    Quick noob question.

Was trying to export a save data from a card 1 game and it reads "CTR Card -- Broken --". I've actually done this before with a Pokemon game and it seemed to work fine, but for this game I'm trying it's not working. The game I'm checking is "rune factory 4". Just wondering why it says that error.

18. Pufin

Pufin Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Just got my 3ds and gateway today.

I tried playing smash bros and omega ruby, but it doesn't work. However, mario kart 7 without online works.
    I got the smash bros and omega ruby roms already online ready in 3dz form, so I don't think the problem is with the roms.

Is there anything I need to do to the 3ds itself to make it online ready? Like something with the firmware, or an eshop update? I'm afraid to update anything since I don't want to lose my 4.2 firmware.

19. piratesephiroth

Brazil
    Did you format your emunand and update it to 9.2?

Pufin likes this.
  20. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    You need to format EmuNAND from that Gateway menu and then update the EnuNAND to 9.2 like the above said.

Be careful though. When you update, do it from the System Settings and check it says 'GW3D' before the firmware version on the upper screen. If not, don't update because you are still in SysNAND. Also, the system reverts to SysNAND when you exit the System Settings, so always check.

Pufin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,