1. BoundlessK

BoundlessK Member
    Newcomer

United States
    so when i try running safehax without the udsploit, it says [!] PM INIT FAILED! ...how might i fix this?

also, none of those browser exploits in that link you posted in your last response seemed to work for me either, one of them looked promising for a moment but then it just froze the system and i had to force a shutdown

any other suggestions? I think you mentioned running a safeb9sinstaller right from the HBL...can you give me more details so i could try that (ie: which files to download and where to put them?)

thanks again for helping me on this quest

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Try getting SafeB9SInstaller.3dsx from the github repo, put it in your 3ds folder and run it from the homebrew launcher

3. BoundlessK

BoundlessK Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The safeb9sinstaller.3dsx did not work either, the screen just freezes and glitches out (same thing happens when i try udsploit --> safehax)

it seems no matter what i try it always just glitches out, but the strange thing is that i can still launch my gb and gba emulators from HBL with no issues

ugh so frustrating!

4. Quantumcat

Australia
    That's really weird, I hope you can work it out :-/

5. GinOkami428

GinOkami428 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, I've been gone from the scene for a very long time. What is the latest 3DS exploit/CFW? And how would one upgrade to it from ancient methods (MenuHax coldboot into Luma)? My New 3DS seriously needs updating as its still on 11.1.0-34U! I have not updated because I have a (serious, well to me at least) problem and didn't know if I soft-bricked. My 3DS doesn't produce sound besides the camera app's *click!* noise. I had read somewhere (and in fact, pretty sure someone here on the forums informed me) that the 3DS uses 2 separate speakers; one for the system and an other for the camera (due to some law in Japan that cameras need to make a click noise). So I hope that my actual sound speakers are just damaged or something. Headphones/external speaker works fine, but I would like my 3DS to run how it used to (probably won't happen as I don't really wanna send it in; no warranty for one thing). The next issue is that I'm still on MenuHax. Is the guide still a thing? I don't believe I have a backup of my NAND from before I continued modding stuff onto my 3DS (personally, I think my memory card is a mess). I have some games from when the Nintendo Club was still a thing that I'd rather not lose. I also still have saves from long obsolete methods for CFW, such as IronHax. I also still have a physical copy of Cubic Ninja if that is still useful for anything. I just really want to be up to date so I can get back to playing my 3DS!

6. Quantumcat

Australia
    Hunter likes this.
  7. am714

am714 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    anyway to get my old friend code by editing local friend code seed after i messed up with ctr nand and ended doing a ctr transfer?

8. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board
    Former Staff

Australia
    if you have a nand backup most likely

9. am714

am714 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    nope i do not i was so dumb and only backed up movable.sed The only i was to restore were nnid(by hexediting the file containig the serial code) and games, now i am using a public seed and that is why i ask someone knows how to edit the lcfs file

10. Youser

Youser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Any one got any suggestions?

11. Youser

Youser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok, got my problem sorted. I must've been holding down the start, select, X and power buttons down for too long. Only needed to do it for 2 seconds and then let go.

12. nkdx

nkdx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I didn't touch my 3ds's CFW for a long time now, maybe 2 months. I tried to go to the FBI titleDB and to Luma updater and they both failed to connect to the internet. However freeshop works but now I get the "unable to start NIMS" error, which i didnt get before. What should i do?

Last edited by nkdx, Apr 29, 2018
  13. Youser

Youser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  14. broseph13

broseph13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    ive followed all the instructions to brute forcing a movable.sed but i keep getting "improper id0 length or already in file" in powershell. help??

15. Quantumcat

Australia
    Luma updater stopped working when github changed some things about the way stuff is downloaded. Update them (download the cias from their github release pages and install with FBI). To update freeShop follow the instructions in the OP of this thread after you update FBI.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Try posting in the seedminer thread

16. RODIFIRE

RODIFIRE GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I want to ask 2 more thinks :P cause I am thinking to do the same to my 3ds XL too

1) if I play with my cartridge original game online in my hacking console do I have any problem to get banned or something?

2) If I play with my backup rom file online in my hacking console do I have any problem to get banned or something?

EDIT: 3) and if I do the same to my 3ds XL then can I just put my SD there? and all I have donwnload till now will be ready? or did I have to download again my backups?

thank you again for your help and your time :)

Last edited by RODIFIRE, Apr 30, 2018
  17. Quantumcat

Australia
    1. No, if you don't cheat
    2. Not if you are installing a cia file, if you use a 3ds file in a flashcart then yes
    3. You can't use the SD card from one 3DS in another, the Nintendo 3DS folder is encrypted for use in one console only (otherwise people could buy a game and then copy and paste it to their friends). If you want to move data from one console to another you have to do a system transfer and then reinstall the tickets.

18. Hess

Hess Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I'm currently trying to install CFW on a New 2DS XL using the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide and I'm currently on section iii. Things were going smoothly up until that point but whenever I try launching the Homebrew Launcher it just gives me a black screen and sends me back to the 3ds menu. I tried setting it to another useless app like Health and Safety and got the same result. Redownloading the files doesn't seem to have done anything either. What should I do?

19. Quantumcat

Australia
    Do you have boot.3dsx on your SD card?

20. Hess

Hess Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes. It is on the root of my SD card.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,