3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Jahhhhhh

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    wait , so it does not brick the system if you close the device while the system is updating? :o anyway I'll try to upate Luma :)

2. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    True except that using cias doesn't have a risk of banning (Homebrew cias do, but it's low or maybe even impossible if the precautionary steps in the guide were followed)

3. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    It might, but I have a feeling it's just too old Luma.

Jahhhhhh likes this.
  4. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    So the Homebrew.cia has a chance but the others not?

5. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Yes

YTElias likes this.
  6. Jahhhhhh

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    it worked! cheers! :yay3ds:

7. OneToOne

OneToOne Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United States
    I'm trying to salvage and old Monster Hunter Generations extdata. I have the SD backup and movable.sed from an old formatted 3ds. It's my understanding that this should be enough
    3ds save tool is complaining about CMAC issues when using extdata, but regular save files are backed up fine.
    I tried using fuse 3ds to mount and copy, but they seem to be in a different file format than what the save managers exist, 4 files from fuse vs 2 files w/ different names from the save managers (checkpoint and JKs)

Any thoughts?

8. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    People can report you, though if you're a 'fun' hacker (I.e. Doesn't cheat, just flies around spamming bombs and makes sure to give themselves last place) people probably won't. If your a FTW hacker, so you use your hacks to always win, that's when people will report you.

9. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
    So if i understand corretly - I can launch games CIAs without problems, homebrew CIAs /like homebrew launcher / FBI / FreeShop ) with risk ?

10. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Yes. And even with Homebrew it's a small risk

11. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    I was trying to cheat in Mario Kart7 with the NTR Plugin
    Was last place the whole team even tho i was in front of them
    and when i spam blue shells they keep driving

12. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    There's one specific cheat in that plugin that causes you to always get last place. On the upside, it prevents you getting kicked for not driving/driving the wrong way(yes you will get kicked from the lobby). Also, unlike Mario Kart Wii, MK7 can only handle 2 blue shell at a time, so if you spam them, wherever the last one was, it will despawn.

13. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
    If I have B9S with Luma3D ( completed 3ds.guide) and now I want to give 3DS to brother how I "format it " with have CFW ?
    Is this right ?
    - take my SD card and copy all content to new one (I have mine 32 which I want use , he want use his 16GB on 3ds)
    - put 16GB to 3DS and go to system and format ?

Wouldn't format system wipe CFW too ? Would simply copy SD card to another work ?

14. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Formatting will not wipe cfw. It will remove Homebrew apps like FBI and Luma Updater, so you'll need to do this again to get them back: https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

15. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
    Even when I copy from current SD card files to new one ? Or installs are locked to console ?

And if I didn't login to Nintendo online, shouldn't be easier just remove Mii avatar and that's it ? What else I have in console ?

As you see I'm dealing with 2 problems - format Nintendo and swap SD cards.

Last edited by kllr007, Feb 13, 2018
  16. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    You only need to copy-paste to swap sd and if you don't have a Nintendo account attached to the 3ds you can just give it as is. It has game saves, maybe some pictures, your installed games and settings.

17. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
    Thanks, i will do that. Last one, Games (CIAs) are installed on microSD right ? So when i copy card to another will Nintendo read them without problem?

18. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Yes

19. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Slovakia
    it worked, thanks :D

if I now insert that my old SD card to new 3ds hacked it will read my games nad save games from other console too ?

20. Uumas

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    No. You need to system transfer from the old 3ds to the new one if you want that. It will format the old 3ds in the process.