3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    In the SD:/gm9/out folder. It should be something like this: 170912_SW11337799_sysnand_000.bin, or to be more precise, [datestamp]_[serial]_sysnand_###.bin

Last edited by SirNapkin1334, Feb 10, 2018
  2. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    For real?

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Yes for real.

4. Smilator

Smilator Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Italy
    So i did it all again, i restored my backup and the sudoku is here.
    Now the problem is that i can't make a system transfer: as i start doing that, on my source 3ds i get the error code 022-2501 (I can't use my id on this console).
    What should I do now?

5. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    i believe you have to format the target system since the NNID is stuck on that system. You can't have one NNID on two systems for some reason.

6. Smilator

Smilator Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Italy
    The target 3ds is already formatted and asks me to login with my NNID.
    As I'm understanding on the internet, Nintendo has a table of NNID connected to a specific device.

So I guess there are two ways of solving this problem
    • Transfer back from the target 3ds to the source 3ds I can't take this road considering the target 3ds does not have a CFW, right?
    • Call Nintendo and ask if they can link my NNID to my source 3ds - saying that i don't have the target 3ds anymore and i wanted it linked to the source.
    Can someone confirm please?

Thanks again

7. Myobi

Myobi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    Sorry guys, I already posted about this last week but I didn’t have much luck with any solutions, so I followed the guide to restore my flashcard, everything seemed to install just fine, however whenever I turn on my console with my R4 now all I get is a black screen, booting the console without it works fine, though plugging it after will freeze it.

My card is a R4 3DS B9S, I’ve used the R4i-SDHC B9S back up on the guide’s list and when installing I’ve selected the “R4 Family” option in the flash menu.

Any suggestions on what to do to fix it?

Last edited by Myobi, Feb 10, 2018
  8. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    This happens sometimes if you flash an NTRBoot cart with a non-SPI-signed firm. Try flashing something to it, i.e. GM9, and then restore your backup.

9. Myobi

Myobi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    I see, any guide that I could follow up for that?

10. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Just do exactly that. Download the newest GM9, grab the NTRBoot firm and sha, put it in the ntrboot folder on your SD, then get ntrboot_flasher and flash it to the SD. Then get your backup.bin, place in in /ntrboot/ and Restore Flashrom Backup (or something along those lines).

11. Myobi

Myobi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    Sorry mate, struggling a bit to understand that.

Could you maybe provide the links to download those files please?

Edited: I think all I need is the backup.bin for the original card software, but can't really find it.

Last edited by Myobi, Feb 10, 2018
  12. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    than i just download the normal acnl...

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Download the normal ACNL and the v1.5 update.

14. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    i already have the update i just want to have the game digitally

15. susanoomon

susanoomon GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    So I'm going to get a bigger microsd card for my n2ds and not sure if there is any precautions I need to be aware of other than just transferring files over to the new microsd card.... Is there anything I need to be aware of?

16. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Formatted as fat32 & MBR.
    It will probably be MBR by default. Go to 3ds.guide, on the main page it will tell you about how to format the SD properly.

17. Myobi

Myobi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2013
    SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  18. susanoomon

susanoomon GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I did what the guide said to do but after putting the new microsd card into the n2ds it comes up with an errdisp error saying error type card removed the card was removed press any button to reboot what happened and how do I fix this?

19. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Do you have all the data on the card? Did you insert/remove the card while the system was powered on?

20. maczilla

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    hi. I have a n3ds and will be attempting ntrboot as I do have a working magnet and a ds lite.

my question concerns the flashcart I am using, should I give it a whirl first or should I buy another one.
    It was a cheap ebay one, white R4 SDHC 2018 edition. it is running nds files easily.

if it does manage to work, do I have a good chance in recovering it to play nds files again using
    R4iSDHC Dual-Core 20XX - R4iSDHC_Dual-Core_20XX-Flashrom.zip from the 3ds guide?

ebay removed all of these r4s recently so I'd be bummed if I couldnt run nds files again on the cheap.

Last edited by maczilla, Feb 11, 2018