• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

tsvx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dstti, it doesn't show up in the menu. I wonder if it's been disabled by official kernel because it was a fake. If that's true how can I restore it on 3ds?
I've found this way but don't know how to do it on 3ds.

Myobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't you use nds-card?

It's not that I can't... it's just their payment options are kind of... meh, id rather avoid having to go trough the hassle of having to send and wait for emails just to pay for the damn thing =P

Edited: Well, w.e, sent them the mail, time to wait now I guess.

Last edited by Myobi,

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats the best app to use when formatting an sdcard?
Just bought a new 128gb card and I tried a couple and cant figure out how to format to fat32. Only option I'm given is xfat and ntfs

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone just confirm this before I buy, I want to purchase a New Nintendo 2DS XL Pokeball Edition, but as I understand it that particular version of 2DS comes with the latest firmware thar requires boot9strap. But how am I suppose to do a system transfer if no one of my friends owns a Nintendo 3DS?

Last edited by RookieKid,

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saves are in the Nintendo 3DS folder, you need to copy the whole folder (delete the Nintendo 3DS folder on the other SD card before copying it over). Or, use JKSM to export the save on one console, copy the JKSM folder to the other console, and import the save.
I have the right save, but FBI and all my cias are gone. Edit: Found FBI, but bye bye cias.
Double Edit: Recovered save, everything is awesome

Last edited by Quickschit,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Could someone just confirm this before I buy, I want to purchase a New Nintendo 2DS XL Pokeball Edition, but as I understand it that particular version of 2DS comes with the latest firmware thar requires boot9strap. But how am I suppose to do a system transfer if no one of my friends owns a Nintendo 3DS?
You don't need a system transfer if you use ntrboot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tl;dr Which card should I buy to CFW? Want a UK supplier or EU supplier so I can get it relatively quickly

Hello, I've been reading guides and etc for the last few days and I have come to the conclusion that I am not prepared to solder my 2DS due to not being great at it :( I have been reading into getting a flash cart and of course being recommended by every site to purchase "R4i Gold 3DS Plus" but I am from the UK and I cannot find a UK supplier of this? Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough but I have come across this site r4ds-uk I was wondering if any of these would be the same or as good to CFW my 2DS. Just so you know I am running 11.6.39e. Thank you for any help that anyone can provide.
Many sites say they are based in certain countries but just dropship from China anyway. I wouldn't bother trying to find a UK supplier.

TomT64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suppose I have a 3DS family system that has been hacked with the b9s flash cart that was ordered in December of 2017, and hacked in January 2018. Suppose I also make regular backups of the EmuNAND. Then suppose the hacked console is banned (possibly during a ban wave).

Can I then do the following:

1. Hack an entirely different 3DS family system and put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
  2. Order and install a working motherboard for the same system type of the banned system, hack it, put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
I was going to include some background on myself and how I came to hack a 3DS family system but it seems the forum considers my wordy TL;DR (even behind spoiler tags) to be "spam-like". OK. Suffice it to say I am well versed in how to troubleshoot problems and follow guided directions, as well as read other posts, Google, and so on to find my answers. I haven't found the answer to the questions above, but also this thread is thousands of pages long. :o

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  • Hack an entirely different 3DS family system and put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
  • Order and install a working motherboard for the same system type of the banned system, hack it, put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
Answer to both is no, you can't restore a NAND backup from one system onto a different system. You can, however, system transfer. If it is the normal ban it won't transfer (it is associated with the friend code seed which stays on its device). If it is a hyper ban I believe you could just delete the NNID and transfer, but not sure.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Suppose I have a 3DS family system that has been hacked with the b9s flash cart that was ordered in December of 2017, and hacked in January 2018. Suppose I also make regular backups of the EmuNAND. Then suppose the hacked console is banned (possibly during a ban wave).

Can I then do the following:

1. Hack an entirely different 3DS family system and put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
  2. Order and install a working motherboard for the same system type of the banned system, hack it, put the latest backed up EmuNAND prior to the ban on it, and not have that system banned (until the next ban wave)?
I was going to include some background on myself and how I came to hack a 3DS family system but it seems the forum considers my wordy TL;DR (even behind spoiler tags) to be "spam-like". OK. Suffice it to say I am well versed in how to troubleshoot problems and follow guided directions, as well as read other posts, Google, and so on to find my answers. I haven't found the answer to the questions above, but also this thread is thousands of pages long. :o
Emunand is no longer used and you can usually unban a console without having to get a new one.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the basics setup I think now.
I installed freeshop and I think its working. If my son uses it is there anything I need to warn him about, what not to do? like what if he trys installing a japan region
game by mistake. Will that mess the 3ds up?

If he gets a game will the files delete after its installed? or does that have to be done manually?

Last edited by ThaDraGun,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the basics setup I think now.
I installed freeshop and I think its working. If my son uses it is there anything I need to warn him about, what not to do? like what if he trys installing a japan region
game by mistake. Will that mess the 3ds up?

If he gets a game will the files delete after its installed? or does that have to be done manually?
freeShop doesn't leave any residual SD files, you can set it so it only displays games from your region too. Can't think of any what not to do's other than screwing with the enctitlekey.bin URL

Danny VIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys have two noob questions.

1. After I use the r4 gold plus to flash do I need to do anything to flash another 3ds with the same cart? ( its the cart the has the switch inside)
2. When I make a copy of my nand do I leave it in the sd or do I take that out and save it on my pc?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.