• Replies 53,755
  • Likes 43

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've modded at least five consoles with the magnet method, but now I have a N2DS that I can't trigger the sleep sensor anywhere on. Wtf am I doing wrong? Surely they didn't release a new batch of consoles that can no longer be exploited with magnets? On all those consoles I've succesfully modded, the sleep sensor has been around X/A buttons, but not on this one or at least for some reason it's not triggering. What to do?

aGen4er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've modded at least five consoles with the magnet method, but now I have a N2DS that I can't trigger the sleep sensor anywhere on. Wtf am I doing wrong? Surely they didn't release a new batch of consoles that can no longer be exploited with magnets? On all those consoles I've succesfully modded, the sleep sensor has been around X/A buttons, but not on this one or at least for some reason it's not triggering. What to do?
Put the magnet in the right side of the 2ds near the ΑΒΧΥ buttons

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Put the magnet in the right side of the 2ds near the ΑΒΧΥ buttons

I'm trying but it's just not working. After fiddling around with it I managed to briefly trigger it just now though, but not in a position where it's even remotely doable to press X+A+Start+Select and hold the magnet ... I guess it's time to get a new smaller magnet .. the one I'm using is really bulky and weirdly shaped. Oh well.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm trying but it's just not working. After fiddling around with it I managed to briefly trigger it just now though, but not in a position where it's even remotely doable to press X+A+Start+Select and hold the magnet ... I guess it's time to get a new smaller magnet .. the one I'm using is really bulky and weirdly shaped. Oh well.
I also had it work best on the right side of the console, approximately at the same level as A. It might be the magnet.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried putting it next to the console? Some bigger powerful magnets won't work when placed ON the console, but will when placed next to it. I'll show you the two that I use. The smaller one I use on the console, the bigger one goes next to it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I'd like to mention that some bigger magnets need to be using the correct polarized side. The one in my video for instance if I turn it the other way, it won't trigger the hax. It has to be in the exact position (standing up with it's left side toward the console vs lying down in any way) to even trigger sleep mode. So that's something to consider when using large ones.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any news on a fix for Steelhax Red screen? (Starting it up works and after exit/saving everything works, but only after exit it appears red screen after closing Jksm/or other similiar)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news on a fix for Steelhax Red screen? (Starting it up works and after exit/saving everything works, but only after exit it appears red screen after closing Jksm/or other similiar)
No that's not a Steelhax error, it's a payload error. They are just buggy but as long as they "work" no one seems too concerned on fixing it. The only thing you can do is deal with it or install CFW and .cia versions of newer Homebrew.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Majickhat55 Any other homebrew launcher would be better? (Cause i have a CFW system but i never use, last time i checked it wanted to update... And right now i don't want to use the CFW or change my current with steelhax 3ds xl)

I have 11.6 And other than Steelhax i have Zelda (oothax) But then i would need to insert the game everytime, so, nothing else i can do? It would help speed up stuff that i need to do if only that red thing did not appear. Since i need to switch every second from 1 app inside to another , but since every time i close one i need to reboot system then restart steelhax and then click on other app and then 2 seconds later again ... I have patience to share, but the more i do this the more i lose interest in using it. I heard also about some doodlebomb, though don't know if i have the app of it. I also have Rpg thing app but not yet changed into homebrew launcher, only thing is waiting for a future fix?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Majickhat55 Any other homebrew launcher would be better? (Cause i have a CFW system but i never use, last time i checked it wanted to update... And right now i don't want to use the CFW or change my current with steelhax 3ds xl)

I have 11.6 And other than Steelhax i have Zelda (oothax) But then i would need to insert the game everytime, so, nothing else i can do? It would help speed up stuff that i need to do if only that red thing did not appear. Since i need to switch every second from 1 app inside to another , but since every time i close one i need to reboot system then restart steelhax and then click on other app and then 2 seconds later again ... I have patience to share, but the more i do this the more i lose interest in using it. I heard also about some doodlebomb, though don't know if i have the app of it. I also have Rpg thing app but not yet changed into homebrew launcher, only thing is waiting for a future fix?
If you have a CFW system, use it to install CFW on your current console. https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

Reactions: Majickhat55

tunikovski

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everbody, i'm new here...i have a question, i was unlock my 3ds-usa and works fine until now(by ntrboot method, following steps of 3ds guide), i have too a 3ds-japonese, its possible i unlock following the same steps of 3dsguide? about the menu, will stay in japonese language? or exist another method to unlock 3ds-jp. I read about change region and loss control of eshop, but i think its very complicate.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello everbody, i'm new here...i have a question, i was unlock my 3ds-usa and works fine until now(by ntrboot method, following steps of 3ds guide), i have too a 3ds-japonese, its possible i unlock following the same steps of 3dsguide? about the menu, will stay in japonese language? or exist another method to unlock 3ds-jp. I read about change region and loss control of eshop, but i think its very complicate.
It's the same method and it will stay Japanese. If you want to change the system language to English you'll have to region change, but if you're fine with it staying Japanese you should stay away from region changing.

britefire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as of today, I've just finished setting up Luma on my old 3DSXL, and am in the process of extracting and translating a copy of Fire Emblem: if (Special Edition).
What I wanted to know is; would it be safe to install the resulting .cia file of the game to my 3DS and launch through the app menu; or would I need to spoof it through another app to avoid any possible issues?

I read some (relatively) recent bans had occurred because of homebrew software showing in activity log/friends list menu, and that's one reason why Luma supports spoofing the homebrew launcher through other default apps and such now;
But would it be risking a ban to install the translated japanese game, extracted and translated myself from a non-used copy, or would that be generally fine?

For that matter, is it safe in general to dump games from carts and just run them off the system itself, or is it a risky thing to do when using online services and such?

Last edited by britefire,

Pietereetmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

So I followed the guide
Trying to put custom fw on my n3ds v11.5
Bought a flashcart which is compatible
R4i sdhc 3ds rts

Getting a error flashcart setup failure using ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher

Any thoughts?