3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's because it's not decrypted.

Also ctrtool needs to be run from the directory you put it in. When you open CMD, you need to change the directory to the one where you put ctrtool.. you can literally hold shift and right click inside a folder and choose open command prompt here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. CGGamer

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    It is decrypted, and I have devkitpro installed. I am opening the cmd from that directory. Instead, I'm gonna try using a downloaded cia

3. Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    So, I have a few questions about "updating" my 3DS to make it less likely I could get banned from Nintendo.

I am already more or less using the latest B9S and Luma, it's more that my 3DS was hacked long before Nintendo started banning people. While my 3DS thankfully has not been banned, I want to try to keep it that way. I have some homebrew installed through CIA, but now, running these coudl be risky since it would show what I am playing and leave a log of this...

From what I understand though, the latest Luma can now run .3ds format homebrew apps before the 3DS's main OS even loads, therefore leaving no trace, right? I am trying to Google about this but coudlen't find any information.

Also, should I worry about deleting the other apps like Soon CIA installer, Homebrew Channel, JK Save Manager, etc that I had installed as CIA since I don't want to risk them appearing in my logs or anything to Nintendo? I will have to give up Soon, but FBI, JKSM, and Homebrew Launcher still has a .3ds version I can launch.

Also, should I change my Health and Safety thing back from FBA to what it originally was? Especially since at this point it's a very very old version of FBI that was done back in the A9LH days?

4. kapapt

kapapt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Portugal
    As far as i know, is better to run a game installed in the system that a 3ds file, because a game in 3ds format have a one of a kind ID and the games that are installed on the 3ds have the system id so ir more hard to nintendo to identify.

5. Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Seems I was confusing .3ds with .3dsx, sorry, I meant homebrew apps in 3dsx format.

6. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Hey, anyone know where to get a genuine r4i RTS gold for use with ntrboothax that ships from the USA? Any help appreciated!

7. _Emmo

_Emmo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    Germany
    http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Edit : whoops that doesn't ship from USA

8. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
  9. kapapt

kapapt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Portugal
    I live in eur and order mine from there... whats the issue of ordering from there?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Really dont know, i think that you dont have any problem if you use it with wifi off

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You're not likely to find anything shipping from the US, and if they say they do they'll probably ship from Hong Kong anyway. Plus, the risk of buying elsewhere than nds-card is you might not get the real deal and it won't be compatible with ntrboot.

11. Dante2405

Dante2405 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Hi guys.
    I'm looking for the best gb / gbc emulator for a new 3ds.
    Thanks

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    With CFW you can install injected VC cias. That would be the best way to play those games.

13. Dante2405

Dante2405 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Injected VC use an emulator, right? Witch one is it?

14. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    I found one shipping from the USA, and its on the reseller list on r4's website. Literally the last one I checked lol.

15. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    They use Nintendo's own emulator

16. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hello, I'm having issues doing a system transfer between my old emunand 3DS and my new CFW sysnand n3ds. The faq guide mentions that system transfers of this fashion is possible. However, when I tried doing so, an error occured where supposedely the region between the systems do not match. I have no doubts that both are U/American, so not sure what is the issue.
    My n3DS is on Luma 8.1.1 and my old 3DS is on Luma 6.6

I can't seem to access homebrew launcher on my old one from the installed cia, seems to be stuck because of the boot up script. I appreciate any help!

17. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Did you ever do a region change on either console?

18. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Like @Quantumcat said, you're more than likely going to get a clone that's incompatible from resellers, or it's going to come from China anyway and still not work. Flashcarts are illegal so IMO it's riskier trying to buy one in your own country with a credit card, vs buying overseas with PayPal. Shipping isn't terrible unless you get unlucky and customs decides to hold your package when they randomly choose one to run through the mill. Most people get their card within 14 days from purchase, I myself received mine in 9 days and that was last October during holiday season.

19. Icham

Icham Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    Indonesia
    hello, im really new about 3DS hacks such as CFW and all of that
    so i have this 2DS LL/XL CFW LUMA 8.1 v11.5 boot9loader hack

can i use cheat with this 2DS? but i didnt plan to buy gateway flashcard if it can use it in anycase
    if i use ntr plugins, how do you convert gateway cheat code to compatible code for ntr?

sorry for my bad english

20. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Ok thanks, just gonna order from nds-card.