• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

EPgrouch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to format it as fat32 with guiformat
doing that did fix my sd card I thought using MS formatter formatted into fat 32 but it didn't.
the card is defective I was trying to transfer my data to it and it was taking a long time once it finished I was tring to delete something which took a long time then suddenly ms decided it needed to be formatted and wouldn't recognize the card. I'm going to go ahead and get the sd card that was recommended to me.

Last edited by EPgrouch,

Broutowicz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard something about themely and a malware and was wondering if I should switch to a different theme manager or if it is safe to update themely and keep using it.

Thanks.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I heard something about themely and a malware and was wondering if I should switch to a different theme manager or if it is safe to update themely and keep using it.

Thanks.
The original developer of Themely just made Themely closed source which was a bit suspicious considering the UnbanMii malware drama had just been going on. It's most probably not malware but if you want to be sure use this version: https://github.com/ihaveamac/Themely/releases It's open source still so we can be certain it doesn't have malware

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I finally got my n3ds screws loss to open it up and I'm using the 3ds guide to install cfw but it says it's boot9strap Custom Firmware. So I forgot if that was the one that we should avoid to install. Also it said to use H2testw to check the SD card. I would like help how to use it and if I need to erase my card before doing it. Sorry for noob question but I only used gateway cfw up to now and plan on installing other better cfw so I won't get banned so I can download from the eshop when I get a code and so I can play with my gf while she uses this system while I use my other one as we play locally with each other. Oh and I'm on 11.4 or 11.3 so don't know the best way to install the best cfw.

Last edited by qaz015393,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK so I finally got my n3ds screws loss to open it up and I'm using the 3ds guide to install cfw but it says it's boot9strap Custom Firmware. So I forgot if that was the one that we should avoid to install. Also it said to use H2testw to check the SD card. I would like help how to use it and if I need to erase my card before doing it. Sorry for noob question but I only used gateway cfw up to now and plan on installing other better cfw so I won't get banned so I can download from the eshop when I get a code and so I can play with my gf while she uses this system while I use my other one as we play locally with each other. Oh and I'm on 11.4 or 11.3 so don't know the best way to install the best cfw.
Yes boot9strap is what you should be installing. Follow the guide. And yes H2testw requires your card to be empty, so back up the files somewhere and format it before running a H2testw read and write check on your card.

Reactions: qaz015393

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes boot9strap is what you should be installing. Follow the guide. And yes H2testw requires your card to be empty, so back up the files somewhere and format it before running a H2testw read and write check on your card.
ok but what do i need to format it to? can I use the default (fat32)?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im up to the updating part now from the guide but want to double check, I have everything on my sd card & I see Sys 11.2.0-35U. I want to make sure this is right before I update and I did make a backup of my nand.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so how do I know if I'm in Lumacfw? I have it checked with an X next to it. Is it on? Am I in CFW because when I tried to do a Emunand backup, it didn't work. I want to do all of the backups that I could do. Sorry I'm just confused by this since I only know Gateway cfw:rofl:

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ok, so how do I know if I'm in Lumacfw? I have it checked with an X next to it. Is it on? Am I in CFW because when I tried to do a Emunand backup, it didn't work. I want to do all of the backups that I could do. Sorry I'm just confused by this since I only know Gateway cfw:rofl:
Your console launches cfw on boot so you're always on cfw. You probably don't have an emunand to backup because it's no longer needed so that's why it's failing.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X next to what
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6a794d726749312e706e67
have an X next to the first option.

Also could I use freeshop now without having a ban console if I was planning on only playing locally with my other 3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many