Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No.

Thanks man :D. Just one more question: Recently I've done an system transfer to another 3ds(DSiWare Save injection) that is now in hand of another person. Are we using the same seed now or are they different per console?(My old NNID was left in his console and I just made a new one from scratch since there wasn't nothing on my E-shop anyway).

Last edited by Fougeta,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man :D. Just one more question: Recently I've done an system transfer to another 3ds(DSiWare Save injection) that is now in hand of another person. Are we using the same seed now or are they different per console?(My old NNID was left in his console and I just made a new one from scratch since there wasn't nothing on my E-shop anyway).
No the consoles have their own seeds, even after a system transfer.

Reactions: Fougeta

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have just bought my first ever flashcart in order to unbrick a New3DS via NTRBootHax (with questionable results for now, help) and I think it would be reasonable to do something more with it afterwards instead of tossing it into a drawer and make it rot there. And thus my ignorance is revealed as I ask: what can be done with a flashcart? In my case, I'm speaking R2i Gold 3DS RTS one if that makes any difference.

I'm pretty sure playing ROMs is one thing, though I have no idea how to get started on that. There are probably some unique homebrew options as well? Any cool ones that can't be used on a boot9strap Luma3DS CFW? Anything else fun? I'd appreciate some super basic guidance.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just bought my first ever flashcart in order to unbrick a New3DS via NTRBootHax (with questionable results for now, help) and I think it would be reasonable to do something more with it afterwards instead of tossing it into a drawer and make it rot there. And thus my ignorance is revealed as I ask: what can be done with a flashcart? In my case, I'm speaking R2i Gold 3DS RTS one if that makes any difference.

I'm pretty sure playing ROMs is one thing, though I have no idea how to get started on that. There are probably some unique homebrew options as well? Any cool ones that can't be used on a boot9strap Luma3DS CFW? Anything else fun? I'd appreciate some super basic guidance.
I have the same card that I bought almost a year ago, just for DS roms. IMO the coolest thing about that flashcard in general is the fact it has TONs of options like RTS (real time saves AKA Savestates), included cheat lists, etc. I make use of DS forwarders so I can have my DS games installed on my HomeMenu, then loaded through the flashcard.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

You can play ds games and ds homebrew on it. Or alternatively you could sell it.

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, an avalanche of questions:

a) Is it flashcart or flashcard, because I keep seeing both spellings everywhere?
b) How does one set it up in the simplest possible way (for playing roms)?
c) Can it be set up on Luma3DS (boot9hax) on newest firmware (11.5) without downgrading?
d) Can setting it up possibly remove the option for using it again for NTRBootHax in the future? Any way to avoid that?
e) Can the roms played that way emulate the GBA slot, like in the Pokémon games for example?
f) Can the roms played that way communicate wirelessly with other consoles with legit games?
g) How does one save state during playing?
h) How does one use cheats?
i) Can one take screenshots while playing?
j) Any cool DS-only homebrew?

Last edited by eworm,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

a) Is it flashcart or flashcard, because I keep seeing both spellings everywhere?
c) Can it be set up on Luma3DS (boot9hax) on newest firmware (11.5) without downgrading?
d) Can the roms played that way emulate the GBA slot, like in the Pokémon games for example?
e) Can the roms played that way communicate wirelessly with other consoles with legit games?
f) How does one save state during playing?
g) How does one use cheats?
h) Can one take screenshots while playing?
i) Any cool DS-only homebrew?

a) people say flashcart mostly
b) go to the website that is printed on the label of your R4i Gold 3DS RTS, and download the kernel, and extract it to the root of the SD card that you will put on the flashcart (also it is boot9strap, not boot9hax)
c) yes, it even works in virgin 3DSes
d) GBA games are better on a 3DS piece of software, not a DS piece of software
e) I have had issues on playing with other DSes, specifically, mario party DS, though, there may have been new advancements
f) no clue sorry
g) usually there is a menu in the flashcart's menu before loading a game, you can use that
h) not sure
i) refer to the DS section of gbatemp

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

d) Can setting it up possibly remove the option for using it again for NTRBootHax in the future? Any way to avoid that?
e) Can the roms played that way emulate the GBA slot, like in the Pokémon games for example?
f) Can the roms played that way communicate wirelessly with other consoles with legit games?
g) How does one save state during playing?
h) How does one use cheats?
i) Can one take screenshots while playing?
j) Any cool DS-only homebrew?
a) people say flashcart mostly
b) go to the website that is printed on the label of your R4i Gold 3DS RTS, and download the kernel, and extract it to the root of the SD card that you will put on the flashcart (also it is boot9strap, not boot9hax)
c) yes, it even works in virgin 3DSes
d) GBA games are better on a 3DS piece of software, not a DS piece of software
e) I have had issues on playing with other DSes, specifically, mario party DS, though, there may have been new advancements
f) no clue sorry
g) usually there is a menu in the flashcart's menu before loading a game, you can use that
h) not sure
i) refer to the DS section of gbatemp
e. I've had no trouble with it

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is PSS working properly? Me and my friend are both online at the PSS the same time but we can't see each other :/(Pokémon XY)

Last edited by Fougeta,

mnmscandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue playing paper Mario sticker star (US game cartridge) on my Japanese o3ds. I've tried patching the game, Luma locale, and still getting an error code any time I launch the game. Thoughts? Suggestions?

EPgrouch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a N3ds XL recently and plan on installing cfw on it as soon as I get my new SD card I ordered but I have a question. can I install updates to the pre-installed software(eshop web browser miitopia ect) and still be able to install cfw? I'm currently on 11.2 firm ware.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got a N3ds XL recently and plan on installing cfw on it as soon as I get my new SD card I ordered but I have a question. can I install updates to the pre-installed software(eshop web browser miitopia ect) and still be able to install cfw? I'm currently on 11.2 firm ware.
Once you have CFW you can do a full system update.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an Old 3DS and New 3DS. Being the idiot I am, I wanted to see what would happen if I delete all of the stuff off my SD card that I used for my Old 3DS lol. Now it's bricked (I'm pretty sure :rofl:) I was on 11.3 and tried to install CFW back using the 3ds.guide website but that didn't work out well. I really don't care if there are any solutions, but is there a solution for this? I just did this for the laughs because I don't really care about my Old 3DS lol.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have an Old 3DS and New 3DS. Being the idiot I am, I wanted to see what would happen if I delete all of the stuff off my SD card that I used for my Old 3DS lol. Now it's bricked (I'm pretty sure :rofl:) I was on 11.3 and tried to install CFW back using the 3ds.guide website but that didn't work out well. I really don't care if there are any solutions, but is there a solution for this? I just did this for the laughs because I don't really care about my Old 3DS lol.
Just put the newest Luma boot.firm on your sd and it should work

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You dont need to reinstall cfw. once its on, its written right to your console, SD card has nothing to do with it. What you would need is the boot.firm and the godmode9 payloads back on your 3ds to have it run properly again

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just put the newest Luma boot.firm on your sd and it should work
You dont need to reinstall cfw. once its on, its written right to your console, SD card has nothing to do with it. What you would need is the boot.firm and the godmode9 payloads back on your 3ds to have it run properly again
I tried that and it didn't work lol. What should I do now? I'm using the method on 3ds.guide where I install bott9strap through Homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k