• Views 4,462,275
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

yesyesyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can I tell if I have Custom Firmware ?

Tried to Homebrew my new 3DS XL (11.3) a couple of months ago after watching a youtube video about how easy it was to do.
I wanted to be able to stream to my PC using kitkat.
After installing Soundhax and a starterkit I wasn't able to install FBI because I was on 11.3 I think

The only thing I could do was change the homescreen theme and play some roms using an emulator

Now I really want to get the B9S on it but I don't know how to check what state my new3DSXL (11.4) is in.

So my dumb question is, do I allready have CFW installed ? :shy:

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can I tell if I have Custom Firmware ?

Tried to Homebrew my new 3DS XL (11.3) a couple of months ago after watching a youtube video about how easy it was to do.
I wanted to be able to stream to my PC using kitkat.
After installing Soundhax and a starterkit I wasn't able to install FBI because I was on 11.3 I think

The only thing I could do was change the homescreen theme and play some roms using an emulator

Now I really want to get the B9S on it but I don't know how to check what state my new3DSXL (11.4) is in.

So my dumb question is, do I allready have CFW installed ? :shy:
Keep SELECT pressed while you turn on your 3DS, if the Luma3DS Configuration menu appears, you have CFW, but I highly doubt, judging from what you wrote.
At the current state, on 11.4 you ca only get B9S by hardmod or using another already hacked 3DS; or you can wait until NTRBootHax is released and you will need only a NDS Flashcart and a magnet

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Open the app you want to use as "entrypoint", such as H&S, bring Rosalina menu up with L+DOWN+SELECT, go to "Miscellaneous options" and select "Switch the hb. title to the current app".
Be sure to have the boot.3dsx file of the new HBL on the root of your SD: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases
The next time you will press on H&S (or the app you want) the HBL will be launched

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, temp, long time lurker. Just wanted to ask a question here instead of a thread so I won't clog things up.

I've had a DSTWO for about 7 years that I've used for a while, but I only use it in my DSiXL. I never keep it in my main n3DSXL since I keep it on for streetpasses, and the thing is a huge battery sucker. I'm thinking of just keeping the DSTWO in my DSiXL for pixel perfect DS games (for myself and my dad), and find another cart to use for my main system. (I have b9s, btw.)

From my research, it seems like the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn) or the DSTT are the best choices. What should I go for? Keep in mind I was plugged into the community back when YSMENU was the R4 alt until WoodR4, AKAIO took over the ak2i's, and the DSTWO was king of all compatibility. I feel like my previous knowledge will be a bias for me when choosing.

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last question for today! This is really stupid but what's the most effective way of backing up data? I almost died when my 3DS went black screen and wasn't booting up until I realized that I accidentally removed the SD card, thanks guys you're all wonderful.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys I am on 11.3 luma a9hl my console was hardmod by someone else. my question do I need to update to B9S? also do I need to format my sd

Last edited by shinwg,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I accidentally left the internet connection on while my 3ds was asleep and it apparently downloaded an update. It keeps nagging me when I turn it on to update the firmware. I have A9LH/Luma installed on a new 3ds but I don't want to update it again until after Ever Oasis comes out this month, so...

Is there some way to clear the update cache or whatnot so that I do not get this message every time I turn on my 3ds? Thanks in advance for any insight into this, its always appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last question for today! This is really stupid but what's the most effective way of backing up data? I almost died when my 3DS went black screen and wasn't booting up until I realized that I accidentally removed the SD card, thanks guys you're all wonderful.
Keep a NAND backup and a backup of your SD card contents in a safe place and you'll always be fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, I accidentally left the internet connection on while my 3ds was asleep and it apparently downloaded an update. It keeps nagging me when I turn it on to update the firmware. I have A9LH/Luma installed on a new 3ds but I don't want to update it again until after Ever Oasis comes out this month, so...

Is there some way to clear the update cache or whatnot so that I do not get this message every time I turn on my 3ds? Thanks in advance for any insight into this, its always appreciated.
Hold L+R+Up+A on boot up, then cancel out of the menu that comes up. That'll delete the update. It will get downloaded again though, so if you don't need the eShop, use TubeHax DNS to stop that from happening.

hi guys I am on 11.3 luma a9hl my console was hardmod by someone else. my question do I need to update to B9S? also do I need to format my sd
Why would you need to format your SD? You don't have to update to b9s if you don't want. If there is another firmware update and Luma has to be updated to work, you'll have to update then. But you don't need to right now.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I don't intend to leave the internet on anymore. It was just an accident so hopefully I won't need more CFW to stop it from happening again. If I do I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep a NAND backup and a backup of your SD card contents in a safe place and you'll always be fine.

Hold L+R+Up+A on boot up, then cancel out of the menu that comes up. That'll delete the update. It will get downloaded again though, so if you don't need the eShop, use TubeHax DNS to stop that from happening.

Why would you need to format your SD? You don't have to update to b9s if you don't want. If there is another firmware update and Luma has to be updated to work, you'll have to update then. But you don't need to right now.
ok thanks

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Trying to re-hack my O3DS (9.2.0-20E), I ran into some issues after installing boot9strap.
I can no longer launch HBL.
I've tried Soundhax, Oot3Dhax, Browserhax and all of them leave me with a screen like this.
Crash dumps are here in case anyone needs/could make use of them.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying to re-hack my O3DS (9.2.0-20E), I ran into some issues after installing boot9strap.
I can no longer launch HBL.
I've tried Soundhax, Oot3Dhax, Browserhax and all of them leave me with a screen like this.
Crash dumps are here in case anyone needs/could make use of them.
Use the homebrew cia

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what guide are you using?
This one. But I may have figured it out. I may have rushed myself a bit by trying to launch HBL again before doing any of the steps on that page. Basically the first thing the guide tells me to do now is update system verison. I guess that's safe even though the HBL won't launch anymore right now?..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This one. But I may have figured it out. I may have rushed myself a bit by trying to launch HBL again before doing any of the steps on that page. Basically the first thing the guide tells me to do now is update system verison. I guess that's safe even though the HBL won't launch anymore right now?..
Yeah just follow the steps - you'll inject FBI later on and be able to install anything you want.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Is Cakes the best CFW available?
That really depends on what you're looking for
3ds.guide tells you to open GodMode9 to inject FBI, not open homebrew launcher

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg