• Views 4,440,248
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys
So I just setup b9s on my 9.2 o3ds, and since I still use gateway (don't judge) I also created emunand specifically for gateway use
Now I'm thinking to update my sysnand to 11.4 and emunand to 11.2, this is safe right?
And how do I update sysnand to 11.4? Simply using system settings will do?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Garou

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys
So I just setup b9s on my 9.2 o3ds, and since I still use gateway (don't judge) I also created emunand specifically for gateway use
Now I'm thinking to update my sysnand to 11.4 and emunand to 11.2, this is safe right?
And how do I update sysnand to 11.4? Simply using system settings will do?
Don't update sysNAND higher than 11.2 - otherwise if you accidentally boot Gateway in sysNAND mode you will lose b9s or brick.

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't update sysNAND higher than 11.2 - otherwise if you accidentally boot Gateway in sysNAND mode you will lose b9s or brick.
what!?
dammit! good thing I asked first. I thought it would be safe to update to 11.4 since gateway will use emunand anyway
thanks a lot

just curious, can this brick solved by restoring nand? if that's the case, one less thing to worry about
dunno how I missed that
I thought that warning is for using gateway with sysnand

any idea how to update sysnand to 11.2?

Last edited by Garou,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what!?
dammit! good thing I asked first. I thought it would be safe to update to 11.4 since gateway will use emunand anyway
thanks a lot

just curious, can this brick solved by restoring nand? if that's the case, one less thing to worry about
Yes, by hardmod or from DSiWare (if set up beforehand or using another CFW console, and if b9s is removed but no brick).

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, by hardmod or from DSiWare (if set up beforehand or using another CFW console, and if b9s is removed but no brick).
not worth the risk then

thanks, and do you have any idea on how to update only to 11.2?
with emunand I usually download firmware files using 3DNUS, but not sure if it's safe for sysnand

KingM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i have a o3ds with 11.2 and luma installed on it but everytime i try to get online on pokemon sun it tells me that i need to update my nintendo 3ds to the newest firmware. is there a way to go online anyway?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
hello i have a o3ds with 11.2 and luma installed on it but everytime i try to get online on pokemon sun it tells me that i need to update my nintendo 3ds to the newest firmware. is there a way to go online anyway?
I recommend just updating. It's safe, and the only reason not to would probably be gateway.

Reactions: KingM
D

Deleted User

is it possible to get more than 59fps in snes9x and retroarch with NES and MD roms on a n3dsxl?

Youabra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like an idiot.
I decided to upgrade from menuhax to Boot9strap. Everything went alright.
However, silly me forgot to remove menuhax in the process, and now i can't enter the hacked sysnand. It shows the Luma splash screen, menuhax appears, and then it takes me to the CTRBootManager menu.
If i hold L, it takes me to the Emunand.
Any help?

Edit: Just had a random idea. What if i leave menuhax acts, in the CTRBootManager i chose Homebrew launcher, and from there i use Tiny format?

Last edited by Youabra,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I feel like an idiot.
I decided to upgrade from menuhax to Boot9strap. Everything went alright.
However, silly me forgot to remove menuhax in the process, and now i can't enter the hacked sysnand. It shows the Luma splash screen, menuhax appears, and then it takes me to the CTRBootManager menu.
If i hold L, it takes me to the Emunand.
Any help?

Edit: Just had a random idea. What if i leave menuhax acts, in the CTRBootManager i chose Homebrew launcher, and from there i use Tiny format?
Boot with the sd card out?

Reactions: Youabra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte