• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'll use the 256 gb SD card, which means I'll have to convert some saves... if I update to boot9strap on my old 3ds SD card, Will I just be able to move everything from that old card to my new one? Even if the old card has the gateway emunand on it still? Thanks for the help and suggestions!
If you want to keep the EmuNAND, you'll have to format the "new" card with EmuNAND9/GodMode9 to create an SD card with EmuNAND. Then back your EmuNAND and restore it to new card. Copy all the stuff from old card to new.

If you don't want the EmuNAND (No Gatewait), then you can just format the new card FAT32 using EmuNAND9/GodMode9/PC, restore EmuNAND backup to SysNAND and copy over the files from old SD card.

elbbah

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, first post!

I have 2 3DSes, a JP and a US unit, both OFW and upgraded to 11.4. I bought another 3DS, which is an US 11.3, and is currently in CFW, which I currently use to stream gameplay via NTR. I've got a lot of save progress in the JP and US units, but I'm specifically talking about those games that writes save progress into the SD Card, such as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

So here's my question. Is it possible to transfer both my OFW JP and US SD Card save files into my US CFW? If it is, how? Is this possible with JK Save Manager?

Thanks in advanced!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, first post!

I have 2 3DSes, a JP and a US unit, both OFW and upgraded to 11.4. I bought another 3DS, which is an US 11.3, and is currently in CFW, which I currently use to stream gameplay via NTR. I've got a lot of save progress in the JP and US units, but I'm specifically talking about those games that writes save progress into the SD Card, such as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

So here's my question. Is it possible to transfer both my OFW JP and US SD Card save files into my US CFW? If it is, how? Is this possible with JK Save Manager?

Thanks in advanced!
You can do it with JKSM. Export save data and extdata with the source 3ds, copy the JKSM folder from source 3ds sd to target 3ds sd and import them work the target 3ds.

Reactions: elbbah

elbbah

Trophies
XP
Country
You can do it with JKSM. Export save data and extdata with the source 3ds, copy the JKSM folder from source 3ds sd to target 3ds sd and import them work the target 3ds.

Thanks for that, but my 2 source 3DS are not CFW. Is it still possible?

elbbah

Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's the problem. My 2 source SD Cards are N3DS, but is in 11.4, and can't be CFW'd since I've updated it. I can't run homebrew that way.

I guess it's still a bummer then.

Thanks for the replies.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well that's the problem. My 2 source SD Cards are N3DS, but is in 11.4, and can't be CFW'd since I've updated it. I can't run homebrew that way.

Thanks for the replies.
Buy a 2DS, install CFW (make a NAND backup first), use them to hack your N3DS, then restore the NAND backup with Decrypt9 (so it will erase boot9strap) and return it to the store. You'll only be out the $3-$12 it costs you for a DSiWare game :-)

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the replies.
You can now if you want. 11.4 is hackable with DSiWareHax. Do you have Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe, or Ocarina of Time? If you do you should be able to use homebrew on your 11.4 consoles to back up save then hack them. I'll take you three weeks to get everything back the way it was with all the system transfers.

elbbah

Trophies
XP
Country
You can now if you want. 11.4 is hackable with DSiWareHax. Do you have Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms Deluxe, or Ocarina of Time? If you do you should be able to use homebrew on your 11.4 consoles to back up save then hack them. I'll take you three weeks to get everything back the way it was with all the system transfers.

Oh my, I just checked the 3ds.guide again and now I see 11.4 is available. I've been there the past few days hoping for an 11.4, but no dice. This changes things. Luckily, I have one of the DSiware titles.

Thanks everyone!

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the new guide and updated to boot9strap, and in the last part, where you install lumaupdater, when I press it, it gives me this:
JfGVeLR.jpg

gLTReye.jpg

and reboots afterwards, and I did check the sd card and there's no configuration file, is it supposed to be automatically created or what?

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've picked up a second hand New 3DS XL today and after trying to connect to the internet to wipe it I've found out theres a PIN on it, is there anyway around the PIN? It's currently on 11.3 and its a EU console.

Cheers

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the new guide and updated to boot9strap, and in the last part, where you install lumaupdater, when I press it, it gives me this:
JfGVeLR.jpg

gLTReye.jpg

and reboots afterwards, and I did check the sd card and there's no configuration file, is it supposed to be automatically created or what?
Please note:
If you get stuck on the loading configuration file or get an error message such as "Unknown or wrong config value", either delete the lumaupdater.cfg file on the root of your SD card or change the payload type in the first line of lumaupdater.cfg to payload type = SIGHAX.
From https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases
It's a known problem, it's currently being worked on. There is no new stable Luma3DS and the nightly build site doesn't work with the new setup. That's also being worked on. You have nothing new to download right now with LumaUpdater.

Im on 11.3 how do i update luma?
If you have a9lh, copy arm9loaderhax.bin to root of your SD card from Luma3DS 7.0.5.
If you have B9S, there is no update for Luma3DS right now.

Last edited by pixelmasher,

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases
It's a known problem, it's currently being worked on. There is no new stable Luma3DS and the nightly build site doesn't work with the new setup. That's also being worked on. You have nothing new to download right now with LumaUpdater.

If you have a9lh, copy arm9loaderhax.bin to root of your SD card from Luma3DS 7.0.5.
If you have B9S, there is no update for Luma3DS right now.
So I shouldn't be worried that there is no generated lumaupdater.cfg? Just wanted to make sure that the updater was working but then I got this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1