• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
there is a new file called DSP1 on the a9lh page in the 3ds guide, do i need to install it as i got the cfw a day before and it was not there, what does the dsp1 do
It does the same thing as dspdump actually

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks and can you please tell me what can i use homebrew for as now, i have installed all the games on my cfw, i know it has some emulators which i don't use, is homebrew needed to play online as i am on 11.3 and havent updated to 11.4 yet, i am also confused wether to update to 11.4 or not
Go to 11.4

WubstahWulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, i am new with CFW on 11.3.0
i have made a back up of my nand BEFORE instaling stuff
i have installed all the tools i need like FBI Luma updater and what so not i also have a bunch of games installed
the first time i made the mistake to update the sys nand too 11.4.0 only too find out i could not use homebrew launcher anymore so i used my old back up
and went back too 11.3 but even tho my games i have showed up in the SD card they didnt in the home menu
so now comes the question do i have too make a new sysnand back up if i want too keep all the apps and games i had installed on the main menu or is there a way to make them appear on the main menu again if they dissappeared but still are installed on the SD?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i am new with CFW on 11.3.0
i have made a back up of my nand BEFORE instaling stuff
i have installed all the tools i need like FBI Luma updater and what so not i also have a bunch of games installed
the first time i made the mistake to update the sys nand too 11.4.0 only too find out i could not use homebrew launcher anymore so i used my old back up
and went back too 11.3 but even tho my games i have showed up in the SD card they didnt in the home menu
so now comes the question do i have too make a new sysnand back up if i want too keep all the apps and games i had installed on the main menu or is there a way to make them appear on the main menu again if they dissappeared but still are installed on the SD?
reinstall the tickets, and the hblauncher works on 11.4, use the 11.2 payloads

Reactions: WubstahWulf

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds and I have the latest CFW with luma3DS on it. Now I want to give this 3ds to someone else. Can I just reformat it with the 3ds menu and delete everything and still use CFW? Or how does it work? Its ok to lose all games and all savegames etc.

Also, is it possible to transfer the safegames from one n3DS to another n3ds (new microSD, but SAME cfw)?

Thanks!
Install JKSM. Export your Save/ExtData. Some games use Save, others use ExtData, and some use both. You can import them after you initialize the save on the other N3DS. You can format the one you're giving to whoever after you confirmed your saves are all working. Yes, you can use the system setting format. Just delete your JKSV, DCIM folders, and stuff like that unless you want the give them your photos, save games, etc.

Reactions: Erol

Bravely

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I'm new here
So I'm on 11.3 old 3ds. I have CFW with latest Luma. Tried to launch homebrew to play my jap copy of bravely default but it showed error
01fcf000
d8e17406

What can I do about it? :/

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
back again.

still running O11.2.0-35E
trying to run ctrpwn/ctr-httpwn via HBL1.3 (Luma/a9lh)

getting an error message something similar to
Code:
bossInit returned 0xd8e06406.
*hax payload >=v2.8 is required.

what needs updating where?
thanks.

EDIT: HBL claims to be using 2.7
EDIT 2: I was rereading https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/, (specifically the part about the payload) and tried deleteing the binary at /hblauncherloader/ (mine was OLD-11-2-0-35-EUR.bin) and it downloaded the latest version. Everything is running A-OK!

Last edited by overlord00,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back again.

still running O11.2.0-35E
trying to run ctrpwn/ctr-httpwn via HBL1.3 (Luma/a9lh)

getting an error message something similar to
Code:
bossInit returned 0xd8e06406.
*hax payload >=v2.8 is required.

what needs updating where?
thanks.
Try replacing your boot.3dsx with the one from the updated starter kit from smealum's website and, if using the HBL CIA, update it to v1.3 if you haven't already then try again.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Bravely

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
Try replacing your boot.3dsx with the one from the updated starter kit from smealum's website and, if using the HBL CIA, update it to v1.3 if you haven't already then try again.
While trying to figure this out, I actually tried both of those things (new starter.zip replacing all files) (update CIA to v1.3) and I'm still having the same issue.
I'd try my copy of cubic ninja, but it theoretically shouldn't be needed (and I don't have it with me right now)

EDIT666: figured it, see original post above for more details!

Last edited by overlord00,

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
While trying to figure this out, I actually tried both of those things (new starter.zip replacing all files) (update CIA to v1.3) and I'm still having the same issue.
I'd try my copy of cubic ninja, but it theoretically shouldn't be needed (and I don't have it with me right now)
Maybe the payload is outdated, try to delete the "hblauncherloader" on the root of your sd card.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, my 2DS is on 11.2 and 7.0.5 Latest stable build of luma, suddenly when entering the friend list is just freezes the console?? its not happened before, only with my region changed emunand but this is on sysNAND.. help please

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
being on CFW what is more efficient way to install apps is it by instaling the .CIA or .3DSX of that file or does it not matter that much ?
CIA is better, 'cause you can launch them directly from the HOME menu

Hi, my 2DS is on 11.2 and 7.0.5 Latest stable build of luma, suddenly when entering the friend list is just freezes the console?? its not happened before, only with my region changed emunand but this is on sysNAND.. help please
Your sysNAND and you emuNAND are unlinked ?
I don't know much about emuNAND, but maybe the Friends list don't like Out of Region friends.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
CIA is better, 'cause you can launch them directly from the HOME menu

Your sysNAND and you emuNAND are unlinked ?
I don't know much about emuNAND, but maybe the Friends list don't like Out of Region friends.

Well, I updated to latest hourly and it fixed my issue :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5