• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't system updates download to the NAND? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to update a system missing its SD card or with a faulty SD card reader.
Honestly, I don't know. It could do both or it could do it like you said. I would think it would default to the SD card, but switch to NAND if there's no SD card like the way it boots. I usually keep my SD card in... Maybe someone who knows the system better can give a definite answer.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to delete the game data from sd card on a PC ?
for example I had
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (EUR)
titlekey is 00148900
I've deleted it from within FBI launcher but my back up (on my PC) still has this game. So If i locate this folder (00148900) on the SD card and delete it will it cause any problems?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to delete the game data from sd card on a PC ?
for example I had
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (EUR)
titlekey is 00148900
I've deleted it from within FBI launcher but my back up (on my PC) still has this game. So If i locate this folder (00148900) on the SD card and delete it will it cause any problems?
It shouldn't as long as you don't delete the wrong one.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, my n3ds is on gw3d 11.2 & wanted to know if I can install freeshop on it or does it have to be on A9LH cfw etc?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a quick question, my n3ds is on gw3d 11.2 & wanted to know if I can install freeshop on it or does it have to be on A9LH cfw etc?
Yes you can install freeShop. If you don't have FBI you can use bigbluemenu as a .3ds file on your Gateway cartridge to install the cia of freeShop. (But while you're there, install a .cia of FBI too. It's handy).

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can install freeShop. If you don't have FBI you can use bigbluemenu as a .3ds file on your Gateway cartridge to install the cia of freeShop. (But while you're there, install a cia if FBI too. It's handy).
OK just wanted to double check since I was told that I should use the code instead to dl everything. Thanks.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Honestly, I don't know. It could do both or it could do it like you said. I would think it would default to the SD card, but switch to NAND if there's no SD card like the way it boots. I usually keep my SD card in... Maybe someone who knows the system better can give a definite answer.
System Updates are always downloaded to the nand

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've picked up a Old 3DS XL running fw 4.1.0-8E, what would be the best option for cfw? Update from a cart first or just follow the guide using the browser method?

Ta

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a n3ds and I have the latest CFW with luma3DS on it. Now I want to give this 3ds to someone else. Can I just reformat it with the 3ds menu and delete everything and still use CFW? Or how does it work? Its ok to lose all games and all savegames etc.

Also, is it possible to transfer the safegames from one n3DS to another n3ds (new microSD, but SAME cfw)?

Thanks!

SunTea07

K-POP / Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone wanna help me got a problem with freeshop, i was downloading a game tales of abyss when its installing suddenly screen goes black and sd card has been removed please turn off. Restart my 3ds suddenly all the games are gone, but the sd card space is still the same. Using luma3ds + arm9

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Anyone wanna help me got a problem with freeshop, i was downloading a game tales of abyss when its installing suddenly screen goes black and sd card has been removed please turn off. Restart my 3ds suddenly all the games are gone, but the sd card space is still the same. Using luma3ds + arm9
Check the tickets

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
there is a new file called DSP1 on the a9lh page in the 3ds guide, do i need to install it as i got the cfw a day before and it was not there, what does the dsp1 do

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am on 11.0.0-33U what would be the best direction to go for games homebrew etc ?

Appreciate any help.
http://3ds.guide to get custom firmware. Go to that iso site (we can't link it so you'll have to Google it) to obtain games in .CIA format, then use FBI (which will be installed by following the guide I linked) to install them or you could also use freeShop.
there is a new file called DSP1 on the a9lh page in the 3ds guide, do i need to install it as i got the cfw a day before and it was not there, what does the dsp1 do
Allows for sound in some Homebrew applications in the Homebrew Launcher.

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Allows for sound in some Homebrew applications in the Homebrew Launcher.

thanks and can you please tell me what can i use homebrew for as now, i have installed all the games on my cfw, i know it has some emulators which i don't use, is homebrew needed to play online as i am on 11.3 and havent updated to 11.4 yet, i am also confused wether to update to 11.4 or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ