• Views 4,436,736
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Majorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that there is a new official firmware version is out. I am on 11.3 I think and I am using Luma CFW. What happens if I upgrade to 11.4? How do I do that if it is safe?

Last edited by Majorix,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I see that there is a new official firmware version is out. I am on 11.3 I think and I am using Luna CFW. What happens if I upgrade to 11.4? How do I do that if it is safe?
If you don't use Homebrew Launcher or NTR streaming, just update trough settings

Majorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't use Homebrew Launcher or NTR streaming, just update trough settings

I have Homebrew Launcher on my Home menu, but I never start it. I think I installed it while following the 3ds.guide a few weeks ago. Should I try or should I stick to the old firmware?

Broutowicz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howcome when i use jksm to try and transfer super mario maker extra data it doesnt work but it does work for monster hunter generations extra data?

Southbound

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Currently a flashcart user (R4i Revolution) on a O3DS with 3.0.0-6U and would like to move to cfw.

Still trying to grasp everything while looking over 'The Guide' and just want to be cautious and make sure I'm going about this in the wisest way before I proceed. My goal is to use it for games while preventing risk from future system updates and maybe try some emulators.

A. I am thinking that my first step should be to cart update to 4.5 (perhaps Luigi's Mansion) to follow that version's SafeCTRTransfer (Browser) guide. Is there any reason I might want to consider a different route?

B. I'm unclear on a few things about the Homebrew Launcher:
  1. Is it installed before or after the arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS setup?
  2. The main Get Started page states that a cart update would require an 'alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher'. Yet the all the methods on the linked page (ie Ninjhax 2) seem to require ver 9.0.0-x and higher. I didn't see where in the process the fw updates to 9.x
  3. At the bottom of the 'Homebrew Launcher (altenative)' page, it has you proceed to SafeCRTTransfer(Homebrew Transfer). That that procedue includes Soundhax, but doesn't a cart update prevent using Soundhax?

Any advice, reassurance or clarification is appreciated. Thanks.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm Currently a flashcart user (R4i Revolution) on a O3DS with 3.0.0-6U and would like to move to cfw.

Still trying to grasp everything while looking over 'The Guide' and just want to be cautious and make sure I'm going about this in the wisest way before I proceed. My goal is to use it for games while preventing risk from future system updates and maybe try some emulators.

A. I am thinking that my first step should be to cart update to 4.5 (perhaps Luigi's Mansion) to follow that version's SafeCTRTransfer (Browser) guide. Is there any reason I might want to consider a different route?

B. I'm unclear on a few things about the Homebrew Launcher:
  1. Is it installed before or after the arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS setup?
  2. The main Get Started page states that a cart update would require an 'alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher'. Yet the all the methods on the linked page (ie Ninjhax 2) seem to require ver 9.0.0-x and higher. I didn't see where in the process the fw updates to 9.x
  3. At the bottom of the 'Homebrew Launcher (altenative)' page, it has you proceed to SafeCRTTransfer(Homebrew Transfer). That that procedue includes Soundhax, but doesn't a cart update prevent using Soundhax?

Any advice, reassurance or clarification is appreciated. Thanks.
If you cart update to 4.5 you'll not use homebrew launcher, but the 3ds browser to proceed to safectrtransfer.

bennyz1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm wanting to know what cias y'all have so please share what you've got!
Also does anyone have a cia for a japanese text keyboard? I've been wanting that for a while now :ha:

CoNzz

Trophies
XP
Country
So i just updated arm9 etc. And was wondering if its worth updating the homebrew launcher?(I tend to just like having everything up-to date) I have CFW(Luma)+arm9 O3DS on 11.2 and if it is what's the best way of doing it

Last edited by CoNzz,

Broutowicz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please answer this question? Howcome when i use jksm to try and transfer super mario maker extra data it doesnt work but it does work for monster hunter generations extra data

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When i try and import ext data it says there is an error
Ask in the JKSM thread, not here. And if you don't get answered, don't keep asking your question. Someone will answer you eventually. Have patience. And stop double posting.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When i try and import ext data it says there is an error
Have you booted the game at least once before trying to restore. AFAIK it needs to have created extra data for JKSM to be able to restore it.

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there, how can I restore a game save from a ROM played on a Gateway into a cia in Luma ?

I installed Luma with A9LH on my o3ds but was playing with a Gateway before using roms.

How can I transfer the old rom saves into cia games now ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM