• Likes 43

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 3DS XL on the latest firmware (11.3). What would be the best flashcard if I want just to play 3ds roms as smooth as possible?

I read a lot if threads, but it's just overwhelming, and a lot of times not up to date.

Thank you for anyone that could answer!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a 3DS XL on the latest firmware (11.3). What would be the best flashcard if I want just to play 3ds roms as smooth as possible?

I read a lot if threads, but it's just overwhelming, and a lot of times not up to date.

I don't know if there are any other than Sky3ds. If I was you, I would just wait until there is a kernel exploit for 11.3 and then install cfw. (It can take a very long time or not that long time, so if you are in a hurry, just buy Sky3ds)

Reactions: Mucuna

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I bought an R4i card. When I put it into my 3DS, I can see the cartridge show up. When I launch it, the 3DS screen goes blank and nothing happens. This same thing happened with the DSTWO.

Is it because I am on 11.3? Is there a way I can get the card to work? Do I have to downgrade my EMUNAND to a lower version and launch the card from there? How would I do that?

Likely you have the wrong firmware on your root: SD card, check with the manufacturer to see what firmware you need for it. failing that might be a corrupted sd card, you also need to make sure you format it before you start using it in the R4i.
I use a R4gold 2016 and it works on 11.3 fw so unlikely that is the problem.

I don't know if there are any other than Sky3ds. If I was you, I would just wait until there is a kernel exploit for 11.3 and then install cfw. (It can take a very long time or not that long time, so if you are in a hurry, just buy Sky3ds)

I wouldn't bother with Sky3ds or gateway honestly because they are outdated, just wait for an exploit, yes it might be a wait but its well worth it trust me, I waited a year and finally did it on 11.2.

In the mean time buy a R4 which supports over 8gb sdcards cost you about £10 and just go crazy on DS games and emulators, thats what I did. the later R4 cards are great at emulation for the most part, I got 60fps with neogeo emu (surprisingly good emulator with nearly full compatibility for its library) some Mame games (8 bit mind you) Mastersystem and nes are really well emulated, and even mega drive is good except for the resolution. dont excpect to play snes games tho.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Likely you have the wrong firmware on your root: SD card, check with the manufacturer to see what firmware you need for it. failing that might be a corrupted sd card, you also need to make sure you format it before you start using it in the R4i.

I wouldn't bother with Sky3ds or gateway honestly because they are outdated, just wait for an exploit, yes it might be a wait but its well worth it trust me, I waited a year and finally did it on 11.2.

In the mean time buy a R4 which supports over 8gb sdcards cost you about £10 and just go crazy on DS games and emulators, thats what I did. the later R4 cards are great at emulation for the most part, I got 60fps with neogeo emu (surprisingly good emulator with nearly full compatibility for its library) some Mame games (8 bit mind you) Mastersystem and nes are really well emulated, and even mega drive is good except for the resolution. dont excpect to play snes games tho.

Thank you very much guys. I was on a few pages that sell R4 cards and they were advertising full compability with v11.3.

Good thing that I came to ask here first! It's been a long time since my last visit on gbatemp.:-)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much guys. I was on a few pages that sell R4 cards and they were advertising full compability with v11.3.

Good thing that I came to ask here first! It's been a long time since my last visit on gbatemp.:-)

yeah sometimes those Flash cart sellers are a right shady bunch, using there clever marketing,

yes "GoldR4 2016 works on 11.3 works with N3DS only $10" "warning does not play 3DS roms"

detail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After two bad MicroSD cards, I finally got a good one and HBL is up and running. Can anyone point me to tutorial so I can run SNES games?

Thanks in Advance.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Luma3DS, the firmware is 11.2.0.35U.

How do I get emulation running? Is there a guide somewhere?
Basically, get emulators for the platforms you desire (RetroArch has a bunch of them, check them out), install the CIAs, get the ROMs, BIOS if needed, and play. There isn't much to "setting it up". For GBA on an o3DS, Virtual Console injections work a lot better than other emulators, so keep that in mind. blargSnes is nice for the o3DS, too.

bern0990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question to those problem solvers overseeing from the shadows.

I'm in a bit of a bind in terms of injecting FBI into the hs.app using Hourglass9 v1.45. I have an Old 3DS XL, and I've followed the instructions on the 3dsguide with success until I reached the section for injecting FBI in the hs.app using Hourglass9.

After the injection, the HS app on the home menu still launches to the official/original HS. Afterwards, I followed the troubleshooting guide, downloaded and installed the files from the 9.2.0-20U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.zip file.

Now here is where I got stuck (and hours of research have led to no clear answer):
Following the instructions in using GodMode9, I navigated to SYSNAND CTRNAND -> title -> 00040010 -> 00021300 -> content, and where there should be two set of .tmd and .app files (uppercase and lowercase), I only have the lowercase set. I should point out that I followed the guide through the updating process, so I'm on sys 11.3.0-36U (started off with 11.2, then found out about the exploit patch). Would that have affected this part of the process?

I have luma 6.6 and the latest arm9. Am I SOL at this point, and stuck waiting for an exploit?

ProfessorPlum

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very much a noob to all of this stuff, but I found the following guide last night and started trying to put Luma on my old 3DS

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/

The trouble is, I didn't realise that it had been labelled as "probably out of date" (I was tired and stuff haha). As a result, I've done everything correctly in this guide up to the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section. I hit a problem here because Decrypt9 won't boot from the homebrew menu, which I think is due to it not being able to get permissions past 9.2 when the guide obviously caused me to upgrade to Emu 11.something (this is what I seem to be understanding from other posts on here that I've seen, but I'm honestly quite clueless).

Can anyone help me get the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section to work? I suspect I might have to undo some of the steps or use an alternate method, but because the guide I'm using doesn't have anything like that, I'm a bit stuck.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Regarding the tutorial, I have sysnand 4.5 with rxtools emunand. Which part should i follow?
The part for 4.5. If you have a browser, then Decrypt9 (Browser), or if not, Decrypt9 (MSET).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm very much a noob to all of this stuff, but I found the following guide last night and started trying to put Luma on my old 3DS

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/

The trouble is, I didn't realise that it had been labelled as "probably out of date" (I was tired and stuff haha). As a result, I've done everything correctly in this guide up to the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section. I hit a problem here because Decrypt9 won't boot from the homebrew menu, which I think is due to it not being able to get permissions past 9.2 when the guide obviously caused me to upgrade to Emu 11.something (this is what I seem to be understanding from other posts on here that I've seen, but I'm honestly quite clueless).

Can anyone help me get the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section to work? I suspect I might have to undo some of the steps or use an alternate method, but because the guide I'm using doesn't have anything like that, I'm a bit stuck.
You'll need to start again, following 3ds.guide. Or, you can try to downgrade your emuNAND with sysupdater but you'll need to do a bit of reading & research to find out how.

Question to those problem solvers overseeing from the shadows.

I'm in a bit of a bind in terms of injecting FBI into the hs.app using Hourglass9 v1.45. I have an Old 3DS XL, and I've followed the instructions on the 3dsguide with success until I reached the section for injecting FBI in the hs.app using Hourglass9.

After the injection, the HS app on the home menu still launches to the official/original HS. Afterwards, I followed the troubleshooting guide, downloaded and installed the files from the 9.2.0-20U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.zip file.

Now here is where I got stuck (and hours of research have led to no clear answer):
Following the instructions in using GodMode9, I navigated to SYSNAND CTRNAND -> title -> 00040010 -> 00021300 -> content, and where there should be two set of .tmd and .app files (uppercase and lowercase), I only have the lowercase set. I should point out that I followed the guide through the updating process, so I'm on sys 11.3.0-36U (started off with 11.2, then found out about the exploit patch). Would that have affected this part of the process?

I have luma 6.6 and the latest arm9. Am I SOL at this point, and stuck waiting for an exploit?
Are you definitely pressing down on the D-pad and selecting the FBI injectible app and not hs.app? You can also try putting your original hs.app somewhere safe and renaming the FBI injectible one to hs.app and injecting that.

ProfessorPlum

Trophies
XP
Country

You'll need to start again, following 3ds.guide. Or, you can try to downgrade your emuNAND with sysupdater but you'll need to do a bit of reading & research to find out how.

How would I go about starting again? I have a back up from before I attempted all of this (because the guide runs you through making a backup) but I dunno if it would be as simple as replacing all the stuff on my SD card with the old back up or whether I'd have to do something else on top of that?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How would I go about starting again? I have a back up from before I attempted all of this (because the guide runs you through making a backup) but I dunno if it would be as simple as replacing all the stuff on my SD card with the old back up or whether I'd have to do something else on top of that?
Follow 3ds.guide from the beginning, on your sysNAND. You'll probably want to uninstall menuhax (boot into sysNAND and change the theme, or, boot into the homebrew launcher and uninstall it through the menuhax installer app). Then start 3ds.guide from the beginning on your sysNAND. If you had data on your redNAND you wanted to keep, you'll be able to transfer that to your sysNAND near the end.

bern0990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you definitely pressing down on the D-pad and selecting the FBI injectible app and not hs.app? You can also try putting your original hs.app somewhere safe and renaming the FBI injectible one to hs.app and injecting that.

I've injected into the hs.app specifically with no success in launching FBI. I tried using the down button as you suggested and found alternative options, and research hasn't given me a clear answer on which .App file I should use.

I don't know if I should do anything at this point since I find a reason as to why there aren't two sets of . tmd and . app files in the content path I mentioned in my last post.

Nonetheless, I thank you for replying.

hoolioballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have the latest firmware for the card: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

The R4i works perfectly fine on my DS Lite. On the n3DS, when I launch the cart, the screen goes blank. It did the same thing when I had the DSTWO. I am running the latest firmware. I don't see why it would work perfectly fine on my DS Lite and not on the n3DS. I think maybe it is because the R4i only supports up to 11.1.
The reason I want to use the R4i is to play NDS games on my n3DS. My n3DS is running 11.3 cfw. Is there a way I can setup an ENUNAND for 11.1 (or lower) so that I can see if that will solve the problem? If it works, then I can simply push (arrow button + left button) to boot the lower version emunand when I want to play on the flashcart NDS games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free