• Replies 53,717
  • Likes 43

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One of my friends has this problem that when he tries to launch Kirby: Planet Robobot(freeshop) it stays stuck in the 3ds loading screen, same goes for BOXBOXBOY!(normal eshop) Btw he hs luma3ds

BoredFattie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yep, use Soundhax to enter the Homebrew Launcher and then just continue the guide.
As for the SD, is enough for following the guide, but obviously if you want to install your backup you have to change it with a bigger one after you completed the A9LH process

But do I have to complete the guide? If I just want Homebrew, is it fine to stop there? I.E. Will my friend's O3DS (be at risk of a) brick?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But do I have to complete the guide? If I just want Homebrew, is it fine to stop there? I.E. Will my friend's O3DS (be at risk of a) brick?
This is the place to look for homebrew only. 3ds.guide will do the same thing and is more step by step. Don't have to complete the guide.

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Hello everyone, I need your help, the SD card of my o3DS is corrupted (I think the 3DS corrupted it, as I plug it in, the 3DS shows red characters in a black background nonstop) and I don't know how to backup the data. It's intact because I checked it with GodMode9 on another SD, unmounted it then mounted the corrupted one.(I have an SD-less AL9H 11.3 SysNand) I also tried to copy a file from it to the other SD but it fails every time. The o3DS works fine without it, but my games and saves are in there, so what can I do before I format my SD? Thanks :)

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.2 with A9LH and luma, can I accept the system update and install 11.3 and still run my Cia files? Or should I just stay on 11.2?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 11.2 with A9LH and luma, can I accept the system update and install 11.3 and still run my Cia files? Or should I just stay on 11.2?

Update Luma to 6.6, then you're free to update from System Settings. You won't lose anything. But you might have to troubleshoot a bit to get the homebrew launcher cia working again.

Reactions: Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update Luma to 6.6, then you're free to update from System Settings. You won't lose anything. But you might have to troubleshoot a bit to get the homebrew launcher cia working again.

I did that, but now an out of region game I installed (maplestory the girls fate) does not show up and when I try to install other Cia files, it will not let me

pepepotamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I made a booboo, turns out I was in the middle of downgrading my daughter's 2ds in order to install luma (I was pretty confident because I had already done it in my own n3ds) but I didn't realize the SD card was defective because it was brand new and I did not check if it worked propperly. And at first it seemed fine, but while it was transferring 2.1 firmware an error ocurred, and had to reboot... when I powered it back on, the screens didn't (so I guess it is bricked), then I pulled out the sd and realized all data was corrupted, not a single file was readable nor could be written (including nand backup). Anyways, I know I can always get a replacement mother board and repair it, but I'm quite curious about dumping the nand via hardmod and see if there's anything to recover or should it be a complete waste of time... has anyone gone through something similar? care to share their experience?

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have new 3ds xl with a9lh on 11.2 right now.
For some unspoken reason I've lost the only backup of 9.2 sysnand I had. I still have otp.bin though.
Is 9.2 sysnand backup needed in first place? Or should I just get 11.3 backup and it will be fine?

yukino48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello guys i want to ask something
i have a friend that want to change his rxtools3ds to luma arm9
i dont think he used mset. not sure

if i follows plailect guide, where do i start?
and what if he used mset?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey! I just bought a 3DS(Old) running 4.3, Should I use the "From 4.0 To 5.0 (Without Browser)" Guide or upgrade my system first and use a different guide? does system firmware affect the homebrew I can run? Does firmware affect if I can install unsigned CIA's?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you upgrade your firmware now, you'll jump right up to 11.3, where you can't then get homebrew or CFW. Either use the guide from your currently firmware, or only update via a legit game cart that doesnt upgrade past 11.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended