• Replies 53,786
  • Likes 43

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't have luma at all yet :s ..all i have is this: This is what i have on my SD card itself. I haven't even gotten to install luma yet i've been downloading this: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and i followed this tutorial to do each step [Terrible video guide here] it has helped me out but at 14:28 of the video itself is where i was at and i let myself fall asleep thru that process and when i woke up it still showed it but the finale time i woke up for the day the 3ds itself was dead and when put in the charger on my 3ds and i turned it on to use it it wouldn't turn on for crap but i found out that when this happens it just means i have to go to the next step but i don't know what to do on the next step for the arm9 to work o ~ o

You were specifically told in the other thread not to use a video guide. And you said you understood this, and one user was even helping you through a PM. So why did you ignore us and go watch a video guide anyway? @Sonic Angel Knight Whatever happened to "having it under control"?

Based on your description you are bricked. You have not installed A9LH yet so the only way to restore the console is with a hardmod.

What happens when you turn the console on? Is it just a black screen and blue light stays on? That's a brick. If it's something else then let us know because I'm really having a hard time following what you're trying to say.

Also I hate to say "told you so" but I knew this would happen .. There are some people that just should not meddle with things they don't understand.

Last edited by Distrance,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And even then, only if they made a sysNAND backup.

On the screenies above you can see NANDmin.bin

I'm really confused by the posts this user makes though .. They hardly make any sense. Anyone decent at deciphering what she's actually saying? Because she claims she was on Installing A9LH step. If she was on that step then she'd have installed A9LH most likely = not bricked. BUT, then she links a video guide and says she was at 14:28 which in turn shows the downgrade process to 2.1 .. Which has nothing to do with installing A9LH (yet). If they bricked during the downgrade process then they're bricked without a hardmod.

Edit: In fact, the screenies don't show OTP.bin file so I'm guessing A9LH ain't installed and they are bricked.

Reactions: Quantumcat

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You were specifically told in the other thread not to use a video guide. And you said you understood this, and one user was even helping you through a PM. So why did you ignore us and go watch a video guide anyway? @Sonic Angel Knight Whatever happened to "having it under control"?

Based on your description you are bricked. You have not installed A9LH yet so the only way to restore the console is with a hardmod.

What happens when you turn the console on? Is it just a black screen and blue light stays on? That's a brick. If it's something else then let us know because I'm really having a hard time following what you're trying to say.

Also I hate to say "told you so" but I knew this would happen .. There are some people that just should not meddle with things they don't understand.

Actually nope and i hate to say your wrong but yeah :)! Also you should really change your attitude because you were being rude as heck and very negative towards me. I may be a noob but noobs can learn by themselves and HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HELP out and aren't rude as you were. So please have a nice day and I would like to thank @Sonic Angel Knight & @Quantumcat thanks guys so much ; v ;!! And noobs and other people who don't know how to do it they just need a little push and don't give up you can do and with the help from some nice people with POSITIVE words such as those two that i just listed down. YOU ma'm or sir didn't which is messed up of you trying to go here and act like your gonna be RIGHT all the time. So please change that attitude and way of yours, okay? Also don't ASSUME without understanding the situation you got lost, i didn't. Good bye and night.

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Saying that the 3DS doesn't turn on after 14:28 on the video which showns a 2.1 downgrade, and not having an OTP.bin file on the root of the SD card .. What am I supposed to think huh? The most logical conclusion IS that you're bricked. I'm sorry for being realistic.

if you're not bricked then what you said doesn't match with what actually happened .. As simple as that.

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't even gotten to install luma yet i've been downloading this: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and i followed this tutorial to do each step it has helped me out but at 14:28 of the video itself is where i was at and i let myself fall asleep thru that process and when i woke up it still showed it but the finale time i woke up for the day the 3ds itself was dead and when put in the charger on my 3ds and i turned it on to use it it wouldn't turn on for crap but i found out that when this happens it just means i have to go to the next step but i don't know what to do on the next step for the arm9 to work o ~ o

From what I understand in her post, it seems like her 3DS turned off during or after the NAND backup, but judging by the size of the NANDmin.bin it looks like the backup was completed.

What happens if you boot your 3DS without the SD cart? On 2.1.0 the 3DS won't boot with the SD card inside.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Saying that the 3DS doesn't turn on after 14:28 on the video which showns a 2.1 downgrade, and not having an OTP.bin file on the root of the SD card .. What am I supposed to think huh? The most logical conclusion IS that you're bricked. I'm sorry for being a realistic.

if you're not bricked then what you said doesn't match with what actually happened .. As simple as that.

Than you don't know what you are doing than if you don't know how to download arm9 don't try do something that you can't or understand alright because when you are downloading that certain thing it will go thru that phrase which is only normal. And your not being realistic rather confused. And it did match i was just confused like i said before.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Than you don't know what you are doing than if you don't know how to download arm9 don't try do something that you can't or understand alright because when you are downloading that certain thing it will go thru that phrase which is only normal. And your not being realistic rather confused. And it did match i was just confused like i said before.
Didnt make sense at all ^^

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I understand in her post, it seems like her 3DS turned off during or after the NAND backup, but judging by the size of the NANDmin.bin it looks like the backup was completed.

What happens if you boot your 3DS without the SD cart? On 2.1.0 the 3DS won't boot with the SD card inside.
Yep thanks for understanding and getting it :3! That's what happen, but i got it to work it was a long process, seriously but thanks to the tutorial of the video and the site it does work and its good.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didnt make sense at all ^^

Excuse me but i never asked for person B to butt in, now mind your own business thank you very much.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

You're throwing these Arm9 terms and other stuff around but you don't even know what you're talking about. It is a fact that if something goes wrong during 2.1 downgrade you WILL brick, and your description DID suggest it so I'm sorry if you're so confused that you can't even express yourself correctly but it doesn't mean my assesment of the situation was incorrect.

It's good that you're not bricked but you really should learn to admit that just MAYBE you don't know what you're talking about. But I know your type .. you won't. Just gotta get that last word in even when you don't know anything.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm offended. I have it under control and her system is fine. She just went to sleep during a ctrnand transfer to downgrade to 2.1, because she didn't charge the battery she assume a problem was cause of that. She already feels bad for not knowing this part didn't know that doing that means the Sd card must be removed to boot system menu and inserted after menu is loaded. I WAS HELPING HER AND HER SYSTEM IS FINE! :mellow:

She has luma CFW and free shop and she is using it. SHE DID NOT FOLLOW VIDEO GUIDE, she followed my instructions which was from the 3ds.guide site. :P

She stressed enough and i hope she feels okay now that is fine. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm offended. I have it under control and her system is fine. She just went to sleep during a ctrnand transfer to downgrade to 2.1, she didn't know that doing that means the Sd card must be removed to boot system menu and inserted after menu is loaded. I WAS HELPING HER AND HER SYSTEM IS FINE! :mellow:

She has luma CFW and free shop and she is using it. SHE DID NOT FOLLOW VIDEO GUIDE, she followed my instructions which was from the 3ds.guide site. :P

THAT'S GOOD.

But if you read my above post you should understand why I assumed she's bricked. Everything she told us in this thread suggested that the console is bricked. Why don't you scroll up and look at that post with all the screenies and what have you? Then look at the VIDEO GUIDE SHE SAID SHE WAS FOLLOWING .. Saying that "the console won't turn on for crap" and not having OTP.bin in her SD card among other things suggested that she's bricked.

I might have been unnecessarily rude but it doesn't mean my assesment of the situation was wrong. That's all.

Classic move by Hinanaru at the end too .. Doesn't care what I say so blocks me, but still has to get that last word in .. :rolleyes:

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're throwing these Arm9 terms and other stuff around but you don't even know what you're talking about. It is a fact that if something goes wrong during 2.1 downgrade you WILL brick, and your description DID suggest it so I'm sorry if you're so confused that you can't even express yourself correctly but it doesn't mean my assesment of the situation was incorrect.

Yes I do know what i'm talking about its YOU that's not understanding at all. IF you're that lost than let's end the conversation here alright instead of pilling this conversation up because its really not necessary thing to do. Okay? Also YES i did say that i bricked it but i didn't i was actually wrong i never DID brick it. I told one of the members on here about it and they understood it. Guess you don't which you just butt in without even understanding..i don't understand why because i never asked for your "knowledge" at all. And i'm confused how? Huh? My comment was made for someone to HELP not a person like yourself to just butt in and talk all this negativity and being so judgmental towards noob-ish people like myself.

Look i'm not gonna keep on going. Have a nice and good bye okay or i will block you because i am not beat for a meaningless argument with a person such as yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

THAT'S GOOD.

But if you read my above post you should understand why I assumed she's bricked. Everything she told us in this thread suggested that the console is bricked. Why don't you scroll up and look at that post with all the screenies and what have you? Then look at the VIDEO GUIDE SHE SAID SHE WAS FOLLOWING .. Saying that "the console won't turn on for crap" and not having OTP.bin in her SD card among other things suggested that she's bricked.

I might have been unnecessarily rude but it doesn't mean my assesment of the situation was wrong. That's all.

Well I was right you were confused the others weren't they understood you just didn't get it and assumed like i said before that it was aiming to be brick and i was wrong on implying my 3ds was bricked. Simple as that. It's just a misunderstanding for you. I already fixed everything that's pretty much that matters to me. So yeah..

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT'S GOOD.

I have it under control. It was late, and she had stress so i understand her confusing statements and concern, combine with panic and other emotions, is understood the pressure was just confusing and her statements wasn't as clear. But I managed to safely help her. Although i admit she could did it without any help if she read everything and understood everything in the guide as instructed countless times by You, @Quantumcat and I. :P

But is okay now, she just had some concerns about her after sleeping without charging the system and the battery going dead. She has Luma CFW and freeshop, so is over now, if everyone can move on from it, is be good, this is noob paradise and is not place for agruing.

She was waiting for me to return aftter i had logged off and i did help when she returned, she decided to ask here in mean time during my abcense. :D

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have it under control. It was late, and she had stress so i understand her confusing statements and concern, combine with panic and other emotions, is understood the pressure was just confusing and her statements wasn't as clear. But I managed to safely help her. Although i admit she could did it without any help if she read everything and understood everything in the guide as instructed countless times by You, @Quantumcat and I. :P

But is okay now, she just had some concerns about her after sleeping without charging the system and the battery going dead.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

I've softmodded nine consoles to-date, all with A9LH. All thanks to 3Ds.Guide. This was your first console, in which not only you thought you bricked but you also had to have someone hold your hand through the whole process. You keep throwing these terms around you don't even understand, and talk about "downloading arm9" during 2.1 downgrade .. Two things which are entirely different. So I'm sorry but yes, I think I know what I'm talking about and I'm pretty sure you don't.

The above post describes perfectly that you don't know what you're talking about. D9 is not something you install, and arm9 is not something you install. A9LH is, but arm9 and arm9loaderhax are two different things. A9LH also is installed later after 2.1 downgrade, and Decrypt9 is accessed before you even downgrade. Again proving that you're just spouting nonsense because you don't actually know exactly WHAT you were doing.

the arm9 downloading

For the LAST TIME you DONT "download arm9". It's Arm9loaderhax, not arm9. And the process you were doing is 2.1 downgrade ... it has nothing to do with A9LH.

Only proves my point even further.

You know I'm right but you can't stop posting because you want to win this argument so you will keep posting back and in addition, "threaten" to block me so that I can't respond to you. Very classy miss .. What are you, 12?

Whatever .. I'm done. Enjoy your pirated games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1