Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I just signed up. I recently installed homebrew and a custom firmware and many other things that I don't even know what they do but it worked, following the 3ds.guide for my 2DS. The thing is, I didn't trust myself following the instructions and I used the 4GB SD card that comes with the console. I want to use a new 16GB SD instead. Do I have to go through all the process once again or can I just copy the files from the 4GB SD to the 16GB SD card? Thanks in advance!
You can just copy and paste the files over.

Reactions: Clothesline

Souljahx6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently running a9lh + luma on a n3ds. The issue i have is if i close the 3ds and it goes on sleep mode, it wont wake up unless i restart via power button. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not certain if this is the right section entirely, but since I've got Luma on my O3DS right now, this is the best fit.

My problem is thus: I accidentally deleted my digital copy of Fantasy Life (from the e-shop) before I could back up my save using that save/data manager (I think it's something like "JKSM", something like that). I re-downloaded it, only to find that my save, for whatever reason, wasn't deleted. But now that I have it, I can't back it up, because the 3DS thinks there's no save data. How would I go about fixing that? I've tried essentially creating a new character on the game, thinking that would fix it, but it didn't. Beyond that, I've tried checking the data to export using that save manager, which also said there's no data.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not certain if this is the right section entirely, but since I've got Luma on my O3DS right now, this is the best fit.

My problem is thus: I accidentally deleted my digital copy of Fantasy Life (from the e-shop) before I could back up my save using that save/data manager (I think it's something like "JKSM", something like that). I re-downloaded it, only to find that my save, for whatever reason, wasn't deleted. But now that I have it, I can't back it up, because the 3DS thinks there's no save data. How would I go about fixing that? I've tried essentially creating a new character on the game, thinking that would fix it, but it didn't. Beyond that, I've tried checking the data to export using that save manager, which also said there's no data.

Have you tried essentially formatting the save data? Try using JKSM to delete it.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried using JKSM/FBI to export the said save?..

Did you honestly not read the last sentence of my first post in this thread? In case you didn't, I essentially said that I checked it using that same backup manager (that I downloaded onto my 3DS), and it said there was no data to back up. This same thing happened when I deleted FE: Fates (Birthright), to install the Special Edition that had the Uncensor Patch and the Same Sex Marriage patch applied. In that particular case, only my "extra saves" slots were still there. I still have my NANDmin.bin on my SD card, if that changes anything.

Edit: I'm checking with FBI now, but I'm not expecting anything different.

Edit 2: FBI says no save data could be found. Which is weird, because I'm able to save my data while playing, so there really should be data.

Last edited by havefeith,

cathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Buying a bigger microSD card. Anything particular i need to consider in terms of keeping everything as is? Can I simply clone my 8GB card contents to the new one?
I have a N3DS with AL9H.

Cheers,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Buying a bigger microSD card. Anything particular i need to consider in terms of keeping everything as is? Can I simply clone my 8GB card contents to the new one?
I have a N3DS with AL9H.

Cheers,
Buy a class 10 sd and yes, just copy over the files

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, can someone please help me out here. My 3ds has been bricked completely i can't update it for crap not even when i hold r, l, up and a button when i turn it on and try to update it won't work for me it just goes fucking straight to stinking saying error towards me i have no idea what to do anymore and i'm scared right now i don't wanna lose my 3ds and everything please help me anyone

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, can someone please help me out here. My 3ds has been bricked completely i can't update it for crap not even when i hold r, l, up and a button when i turn it on and try to update it won't work for me it just goes fucking straight to stinking saying error towards me i have no idea what to do anymore and i'm scared right now i don't wanna lose my 3ds and everything please help me anyone
What were you doing?

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What were you doing?

I was installing Decrypt9 but i installed the arm9 first and did the steps correctly, it worked and it started to install the things that it needed for Luma to work. I let it be to download because it was taking too long to download i ended up falling asleep and left it downloading. But that was my mistake doing that..when i woke up for the 2nd time it was still downloading and i was like okay i'll let it be which i should of left the charger with it. I woke up for the 3rd time and saw it turned off. I went and tried turning it on but it wouldn't turn on rather showed me a black screen and white lines like its getting started to turn on. I ended up looking up online on how to unbrick it for i can do it. I followed this tutorial and it worked the first time. I was like sweet maybe it worked out but instead it did the same thing..it wouldn't turn on for shit. So i went on and did the same thing and tried updated like the video did and it gave me an error and when that happen i tried the other way around took out my SD card and tried to update without the SD card and i thought it would work out but it didn't do nothing but give me an error when i tried to install it. ; n ;..

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I was installing Decrypt9 but i installed the arm9 first and did the steps correctly, it worked and it started to install the things that it needed for Luma to work. I let it be to download because it was taking too long to download i ended up falling asleep and left it downloading. But that was my mistake doing that..when i woke up for the 2nd time it was still downloading and i was like okay i'll let it be which i should of left the charger with it. I woke up for the 3rd time and saw it turned off. I went and tried turning it on but it wouldn't turn on rather showed me a black screen and white lines like its getting started to turn on. I ended up looking up online on how to unbrick it for i can do it. I followed this tutorial and it worked the first time. I was like sweet maybe it worked out but instead it did the same thing..it wouldn't turn on for shit. So i went on and did the same thing and tried updated like the video did and it gave me an error and when that happen i tried the other way around took out my SD card and tried to update without the SD card and i thought it would work out but it didn't do nothing but give me an error when i tried to install it. ; n ;..

Try booting while holding select

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
you mean turning on the 3ds and holding select? im doing that but it still shows the black screen like its you know turning on but it wont. ;-;..
Download hourglass9 and rename it to start_hourglass9 and move it to luma/payloads. After that try booting while holding start.
Also check you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Download hourglass9 and rename it to start_hourglass9 and move it to luma/payloads. After that try booting while holding start.
Also check you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root

I don't have luma at all yet :s ..all i have is this:
have_2_by_minaliajaebixtsuki-daxvvkz.jpg

have_3_by_minaliajaebixtsuki-daxvvlf.jpg

have_4_by_minaliajaebixtsuki-daxvvlu.jpg

This is what i have on my SD card itself. I haven't even gotten to install luma yet i've been downloading this: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and i followed this tutorial to do each step it has helped me out but at 14:28 of the video itself is where i was at and i let myself fall asleep thru that process and when i woke up it still showed it but the finale time i woke up for the day the 3ds itself was dead and when put in the charger on my 3ds and i turned it on to use it it wouldn't turn on for crap but i found out that when this happens it just means i have to go to the next step but i don't know what to do on the next step for the arm9 to work o ~ o

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So friend of mine uploaded a few files and I wounder what the use of them are:

aeskeydb.bin
firm0.bin
firm1.bin
secret_sector.bin

Can I use them to actually unban my N3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0