• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks you certainly have a way with words, so I should just go ahead and do it then really. I assume It will play games from a cart normally and I can still access the eshop as normal?

Everything works as it should, but you also have access to Homebrew, and the fact that you can update through system settings whenever there is a system update available without losing the hack.

You should install Freeshop though .. No point in e-shop *cough*

florian095

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a New 3ds XL 9.2 arm9loaderhax with luma 11.2.
For a few days I have a problem with Luma updater. I have the error message below (see attached picture) ...
Do you have a solution please?
Sorry for my English

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 165

Jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
My old 3ds is on cfw luma and has also arm9loaderhax, homebrew and fbi installed is there anyway for me to revert to the original firmware and uninstall luma and arm9loaderhax ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My old 3ds is on cfw luma and has also arm9loaderhax, homebrew and fbi installed is there anyway for me to revert to the original firmware and uninstall luma and arm9loaderhax ?

Why would you want to do such a thing? Regardless, it should be possible by restoring a backup of the NAND you should have and NOT choosing the (keep a9lh) option in .. Hourglass I think.

Hi, I have a New 3ds XL 9.2 arm9loaderhax with luma 11.2.
For a few days I have a problem with Luma updater. I have the error message below (see attached picture) ...
Do you have a solution please?
Sorry for my English

How can your 3DS be 9.2, but 11.2. Unless you're using emunand, which I hope you're not, then you're using 11.2 and nothing else.

Also there's no reason to update Luma3DS. Luma3DS updater doesn't work right now because the updates are fetched from github, but the author of Luma3DS, AuroraWright, got her account hacked. It'll work eventually when everything's restored.. for now you'll just have to wait.

Last edited by Distrance,

florian095

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would you want to do such a thing? Regardless, it should be possible by restoring a backup of the NAND you should have and NOT choosing the (keep a9lh) option in .. Hourglass I think.

How can your 3DS be 9.2, but 11.2. Unless you're using emunand, which I hope you're not, then you're using 11.2 and nothing else.

Also there's no reason to update Luma3DS. Luma3DS updater doesn't work right now because the updates are fetched from github, but the author of Luma3DS, AuroraWright, got her account hacked. It'll work eventually when everything's restored.. for now you'll just have to wait.

My sysnand is 11.2 sorry.
Ok great, I thought have doing a bad manipulation.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that running normal DS games on a hacked 3DS is a real headache. What is the reality behind this? Can you install normal DS roms onto a A9LH/Luma setup? And what about running DS cartridges on a hacked 3DS?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was reading that running normal DS games on a hacked 3DS is a real headache. What is the reality behind this? Can you install normal DS roms onto a A9LH/Luma setup? And what about running DS cartridges on a hacked 3DS?

Cartridges should work like normal as a vanilla console would. With the addition that you can re-use blacklisted flascarts from even before de DSi era!

There is native DS rom loader in the works. But it's still early in development and plays a lower title count (like 30ish games at its best, some slower than others) i still recommend a flashcard for the time being.

Last edited by Alex658,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is an R4?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I am googling it now. So you need something called a TF card to do it, it seems. There are a lot of different TF/R4 cards for the 3ds... I assume I need one to go in the game slot and not the SD card slot, right? Any suggestions on which is the best to buy?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What is an R4?

Ok, I am googling it now. So you need something called a TF card to do it, it seems.

It's a DS games flashcart.
One among the loads and loads made for the DS era.
It "emulated" a game's header and made the DS think it was an official game, and below was a backup/rom loader on it. It allowed for that "game" to be able to emulate any other game in the DS catalog provided it was updated frequently. Since the DS phat/lite had no internal memory/media storage to store games in. And the DSi was never fully cracked down besides the dsiwarehax/sudokuhax.

EDIT: Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong but isn't TF card just another way of saying SD card(?) at least that's what i've always interpreted of it.
Right now for price range-functionality i would recommend an R4i gold (the one that supports wood firmware. It ends with .cn on the website printed on the cart iirc). Before i would have recommended a DSTwo, but with a hacked 3ds the only extra stuff it offers are RealTimeSave and RealTimeCheats. But it's almost as double as the R4igold costs.

Last edited by Alex658,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And with that card I can place any DS rom on it to run or just "R4" roms? Thanks for the reply btw.

And with the R4 card... can you place multiple games on it and choose which game to play on the home menu or do you have to "prep" one game to play at a time?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Alright, been watching the video's. That's interesting. I was more interested in dumping the games from my library to play on the 3ds like the 3ds games themselves... but this would work, I imagine, in much the same way.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And with that card I can place any DS rom on it to run or just "R4" roms? Thanks for the reply btw.

And with the R4 card... can you place multiple games on it and choose which game to play on the home menu or do you have to "prep" one game to play at a time?
R4s (or pretty much any DS flashcart that isn't super ancient) have their own microSD card and its own menu to select games (basically what Alex658 is saying is that the 3DS has a built in blocker that prevents flashcarts from working, and that many 3DS-compatible DS flashcarts basically 'pretend' to be a legitimate game in order to bypass the block). Also, FYI, ROMs are universal so you don't have to worry about that.

What you do need to worry about though (if you're getting one) is which R4 to get. Because they were so popular, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of fake and cloned R4s, many of which have all sorts of problems that could've been easily avoided by getting the right cart. The easiest way to identify what your getting is through the website on the package. If you're looking to buy one, I'd recommend the r4ids.cn R4i Gold.

EDIT: Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong but isn't TF card just another way of saying SD card(?) at least that's what i've always interpreted of it.
TF is what SD cards were called before the SD Card Association formed. TF cards are cross-compatible with SD, but TF only goes up to 32MB in size (yeah, it's that ancient).

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
R4s (or pretty much any DS flashcart that isn't super ancient) have their own microSD card and its own menu to select games (basically what Alex658 is saying is that the 3DS has a built in blocker that prevents flashcarts from working, and that many 3DS-compatible DS flashcarts basically 'pretend' to be a legitimate game in order to bypass the block). Also, FYI, ROMs are universal so you don't have to worry about that.

What you do need to worry about though (if you're getting one) is which R4 to get. Because they were so popular, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of fake and cloned R4s, many of which have all sorts of problems that could've been easily avoided by getting the right cart. The easiest way to identify what your getting is through the website on the package. If you're looking to buy one, I'd recommend the r4ids.cn R4i Gold.

TF is what SD cards were called before the SD Card Association formed. TF cards are cross-compatible with SD, but TF only goes up to 32MB in size (yeah, it's that ancient).
Wha-?
The lowest i remember seeing was 128mb and then they were called sd cards.
When did the first R4/pass-me with a tf port came out anyway? The memories of that 128mb were from around '07. And since our country is ages behind 1st world ones i imagine that was the norm years before it got here.

And yes, every R4 has a built in rom loader where you select which game you want to play. It's the one the cartridge "pretends" to be that you can't easily switch out. (only via that cart's firmware updates if it got blocked by the DSi/3DS) Which is no longer needed sincd CFW disables that blacklist and even the most ancient original R4 works if you have a proper forwarder/launcher for it.

Edit: Alright, been watching the video's. That's interesting. I was more interested in dumping the games from my library to play on the 3ds like the 3ds games themselves... but this would work, I imagine, in much the same way.

Not to mention that these games from your library would work out of the box on a 3DS without cfw at all, if they are retail cartridges since the 3ds is 99%-100% backwards compatible. (The game guitar hero had a grip that went in the GBA port of the console, which neither the DSi nor the 3DS have, other than thar everything works)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
wow just succeeded in doing my first 3DS that guide is spot on. Glad I waited around instead of opting for a hard mod. Thanks for your input.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
11.2. Literally just done it so testing it out now. my r4 gold pro (DS cart) is working fine. got all my original purchased games, virtual console demos etc... and Carts saves and all, still there from the back up and on 11.2 again. I've been waiting about a year for this to happen, CFW from the moment you turn it on.

Whats to do next !!!!???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night