• Likes 43

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey.

My 3DS is having issues, and since it is quite old, it is possible that fixing it would be unfeasible, so i am thinking kf getting another one.

Since my knowledge on this sort of thing is lacking, it still uses Menuhax and, as it always serves my purposes, i never bothered to update to a better entry point.

With the advent of SoundHax, there are four things i wish to know:

1) Will Soundhax work with 11.2-35U, which is the newest firmware from my understanding?

2) I know that what Soundhax does is allow entry into the Homebrew Launcher. Can i then use it to install Arm9Loader and then FBI/Big Blue Menu in order to play roms just as did on my previous 3DS?

3) My internet right now is awful, so i havent been able to search as much as i wanted, but where can i find a complete tutorial that would take me all the way to Arm9Loader on a brand new, untouched 3DS on 11.2-35U?

4) As my old system still used out-dated software, would it be incapable of transfering my save-files to the replacement 3DS?

I am deeply sorry for such a long post, especially when it has plenty of stupid questions, but i simply want to make sure the switch, if needed, goes as smooth as possible. Thank you for your time.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.

My 3DS is having issues, and since it is quite old, it is possible that fixing it would be unfeasible, so i am thinking kf getting another one.

Since my knowledge on this sort of thing is lacking, it still uses Menuhax and, as it always serves my purposes, i never bothered to update to a better entry point.

With the advent of SoundHax, there are four things i wish to know:

1) Will Soundhax work with 11.2-35U, which is the newest firmware from my understanding?

2) I know that what Soundhax does is allow entry into the Homebrew Launcher. Can i then use it to install Arm9Loader and then FBI/Big Blue Menu in order to play roms just as did on my previous 3DS?

3) My internet right now is awful, so i havent been able to search as much as i wanted, but where can i find a complete tutorial that would take me all the way to Arm9Loader on a brand new, untouched 3DS on 11.2-35U?

4) As my old system still used out-dated software, would it be incapable of transfering my save-files to the replacement 3DS?

I am deeply sorry for such a long post, especially when it has plenty of stupid questions, but i simply want to make sure the switch, if needed, goes as smooth as possible. Thank you for your time.
3ds.guide

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Dumb question: Can FBI install DLCs for the games?
Yes. Easier to use freeShop though (downloads and installs in one go).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no use BigBlueMenu
Why would FBI not be able to install DLC? Isn't it just a cia file like any other?

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have some noob Q's so I'm here. I completed the al9h guide and everything is working well. The problem is I really don't know exactly what it is I've done at this point. I only know a little about 3ds hacking so help me out. I know there's things called sysnand and emunand which I'm assuming are your "real" system and a "virtual" system that can run unsigned code. Is that what I'm doing now? If that's correct then can the virtual system be updated normally if needed? Should I be blocking updates somehow? I know you could do it with dns settings, or at least you used to be able to. Do I ever need to access the real system for anything? Any important points I should know? Thanks for all the awesome work and help.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have some noob Q's so I'm here. I completed the al9h guide and everything is working well. The problem is I really don't know exactly what it is I've done at this point. I only know a little about 3ds hacking so help me out. I know there's things called sysnand and emunand which I'm assuming are your "real" system and a "virtual" system that can run unsigned code. Is that what I'm doing now? If that's correct then can the virtual system be updated normally if needed? Should I be blocking updates somehow? I know you could do it with dns settings, or at least you used to be able to. Do I ever need to access the real system for anything? Any important points I should know? Thanks for all the awesome work and help.
if you followed latest 3ds.guide you have sysnand only.

However, you need not block any updates ..you can update normally to the latest update from Nintendo and retain a9lh+luma.

Reactions: qqq1

Petrucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a 32GB SD card to hold more games, but I'm wondering as to how I can move all of my previous data to the new card. I have Luma installed, and before I used a CFW, I simply moved everything from the old SD card to the new one. Will I have to follow any extra steps to move all of my new stuff (luma, fbi, etc.) to the new card?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a 32GB SD card to hold more games, but I'm wondering as to how I can move all of my previous data to the new card. I have Luma installed, and before I used a CFW, I simply moved everything from the old SD card to the new one. Will I have to follow any extra steps to move all of my new stuff (luma, fbi, etc.) to the new card?
Not really, just move all the contents to the next SD card

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petrucci

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nopes, just format new card as fat32 and move data from one to another.

Reactions: Petrucci

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i have problems with FBI or Freeshop on my 128GB micro sd card, is there a way to make FBI and/or Freeshop work with slow sd cards? jw.

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. Easier to use freeShop though (downloads and installs in one go).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would FBI not be able to install DLC? Isn't it just a cia file like any other?

Well, at least i can answer that.

I dont really understand why, but FBI cant install DLC files as reliably as Big Blue Menu. A big example that comes to mind right now are the Fire Emblem Fates' DLC, where i had to use Big Blue Menu because FBI wasnt able to install the entire pack for some reason.

FBI might be better now, but Big Blue Menu is always good to have nonethless.

The answer is yes to all. Use the 3ds.guide and you will be set, don't worry ^^

I see, many thanks. The guide seems great and, even though it most likely covers my questions, it is still great to get a direct answer to them.

You can never be too safe when it comes to this sort of thing lol

Last edited by Matezoide,

DanBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install a9lh on a smaller SD card and then just move the files on the small SD card to a bigger one later on?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least i can answer that.

I dont really understand why, but FBI cant install DLC files as reliably as Big Blue Menu. A big example that comes to mind right now are the Fire Emblem Fates' DLC, where i had to use Big Blue Menu because FBI wasnt able to install the entire pack for some reason.

FBI might be better now, but Big Blue Menu is always good to have nonethless.

I see, many thanks. The guide seems great and, even though it most likely covers my questions, it is still great to get a direct answer to them.

You can never be too safe when it comes to this sort of thing lol
Whats about freeshop for dlc? I heard it's a reliable way. I haven't tried it just because I'm playing Bravely Default, and I don't want to switch to SSB just to try it.

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trying to make video streaming to my PC with NTR CFW but the NTR Viewer screen doesn't show nothing, and i don't think i've made anything wrong, can someone help me? =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1