• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Derpyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my gateway blue card i always get the error mesage cant open _dsmenu.dat i tried reinstalling ita and tried it on my r4 card and it worked. help pls

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think the system transfer is stuck at 25%, is there a way to restart it?

edit: if i was to cancel System Transfer would i have to wait one week, to do another one?

Last edited by Darksphere92,

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive decided to restart the system Transfer and go for the PC based Transfer, if it doesnt transfer the Freeshop games, oh well screw it, i'll just redownload them all again.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System transfers only transfer legit content, so no it will not transfer your freeShop content.
thats strange then why was it stuck at 25% for like two hours, also i did PC Based Transfer and, well i didnt really have to put my SD Card in the Computer, the 3DS never told me to.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got A9LH and Luma installed as per the guides instructions but I am curious about a few things. Firstly, why would you ever need to format your system? Does some kind of system data get corrupted over time and normal use that might require doing that? What is the benefit of formatting?

I see a lot of people having issues and many of the responses by more knowledgeable people are "restore your backup" or format your 3ds... How often does stuff go wrong? I mean, I personally do not touch anything I am not supposed to touch, delete anything I am not supposed to delete, or fail to make proper backups when told to do so. I do not use online play, connect to Nintendo servers to download content, or otherwise go out of my way to push the limits of CFW... so what are the chances someone like myself will encounter these "issues" where I may be told to "format" my 3ds or restore a backup?

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do you increase the limit of 300 apps?
Currently and possible never possible. But you can start additional apps with FBI.
(I will never understand how someone can get to that limit, no one will ever play so much games... It's hording)

What's a good emulator? And where do I put the ROMs for it?
Emulator for what? Apples, Bananas? NES, SNES, etc.?:unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I got A9LH and Luma installed as per the guides instructions but I am curious about a few things. Firstly, why would you ever need to format your system? Does some kind of system data get corrupted over time and normal use that might require doing that? What is the benefit of formatting?

I see a lot of people having issues and many of the responses by more knowledgeable people are "restore your backup" or format your 3ds... How often does stuff go wrong? I mean, I personally do not touch anything I am not supposed to touch, delete anything I am not supposed to delete, or fail to make proper backups when told to do so. I do not use online play, connect to Nintendo servers to download content, or otherwise go out of my way to push the limits of CFW... so what are the chances someone like myself will encounter these "issues" where I may be told to "format" my 3ds or restore a backup?
I never needed to format my 3DS systems, except while downgrading (softbricks), but I mostly install/play games and do not mess with stuff i don't understand

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having a problem with Sysdowngrader, it gives me this error.

titleException:
main.cpp:227: Results: 0x0
Could Not Read File
Please Reboot.

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'll let you know when i reboot my PC, something is wrong might be the SD Card is a dud after all.
To make sure the SD is working properly it's highly recommended to check it with h2testw or similar tools (the guide tell about theses tools) before attempting downgrades or a9lh installs, as currupt SDs can lead to a brick

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was thinking of installing the CHMM2 app from the homebrew channel, do I need any other apps or CFW installed BEFORE I install it? Right now I am running just what the guide installs after A9LH and Luma and nothing else.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make sure the SD is working properly it's highly recommended to check it with h2testw or similar tools (the guide tell about theses tools) before attempting downgrades or a9lh installs, as currupt SDs can lead to a brick
it seems the Microsd is dead, as 3DS says it couldnt detect a Microsd card? is there a way to bring the SD Card back to "life" also i did the test and it said it was fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs