• Views 4,484,952
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OoThax is still a valid entry point but you'll still need a DSiWare game to downgrade.

Alright, so any ideas on the rest then? I'm wanting to use the first 3DS to downgrade the second.

EDIT: or can I just use OoThax to use that ctr httpwn to get eshop access and DSiWare title?

Last edited by fireguy85,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by clancy94,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can definitely downgrade your second 3ds with your first but I believe its quite a convoluted process when one is banned.

Something like this perhaps? - https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-dsi...done-with-hyperbanned-3ds-as-a-source.449800/
Or

http://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

I saw the second link you posted and had some questions not really answered.

In the hyperban thread, the OP used https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/ to unaban which requires use of decrypt9 on both consoles. Can I use decrypt9 via OoThax on the second unhacked N3DS?

Sorry, since I got A9HL, I don't recall what I can and cannot do if you don't have it :/

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw the second link you posted and had some questions not really answered.

In the hyperban thread, the OP used https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/ to unaban which requires use of decrypt9 on both consoles. Can I use decrypt9 via OoThax on the second unhacked N3DS?

Sorry, since I got A9HL, I don't recall what I can and cannot do if you don't have it :/
Is there a decrypt9.3ds that is compatible with homebrew? If so then I'd say yeah it's possible. If not the 2nd and 3rd options in the second thread I linked to don't require a second 3ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So i just realized the A9lh update guide has been updated with new files.
Can someone tell me the differences between data_input_v3 and v4?

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does an emuNAND backup, well, back up? Saves? Home Menu layout? Games? Friend list?
I'm asking this because I recently restored an emuNAND backup in hopes of finding a game I deleted, but it wasn't there after the restore.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does an emuNAND backup, well, back up? Saves? Home Menu layout? Games? Friend list?
I'm asking this because I recently restored an emuNAND backup in hopes of finding a game I deleted, but it wasn't there after the restore.

It pretty much backups all of what you already listed.

I'm guessing that the reason the game(s) did not show up is because you no longer have the specific folder in your "Nintendo 3DS" folder that is accessible to that emuNAND you made a backup of.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a decrypt9.3ds that is compatible with homebrew? If so then I'd say yeah it's possible. If not the 2nd and 3rd options in the second thread I linked to don't require a second 3ds

There's no .3ds version; I guess D9 only works on 9.2 firmware (or maybe up to 9.2).

I posted this in that second thread, but maybe someone here knows more:

So I attempted method 2. I originally attempted a system transfer from an O3DS (no longer have) to my N3DS (current and banned) and got disconnected and apparently got only a partial transfer as my moveable.sed and LFCS are the same :/

I do have a nand backup from my brother's O3DS (which is also on A9HL). Can I somehow extract the LFCS from this nand backup without his O3DS? I may be able to get the O3DS, but it is severely physically damaged.

I have A9HL and Luma on 11.2

I don't really want to go the public LFCS route.

Shogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed this guide to the latter and something has gone wrong. I was able to install FBI.cia, hblauncher_loader.cia and lumaupdater.cia from the Health and Safety/FBI menu. I opened Homebrew Launcher and updated LUMA3DS from the main menu. My version now is sys 11.2.0-35E.

I then put a .cia ROM on the root of my SD but when I inserted the card the FBI, Homebrew Launcher and LUMA3DS options were gone from my menu. I retried section v (Injecting FBI) and vi (Finalising Setup) of the guide but the same thing happened again when I added a .cia file to my SD.

Now I have an even bigger problem where my 3DS says it cannot access my SD card and I think my NANDmin.bin may be corrupt (my backup didn't save to the cloud). I tried using Hourglass9 to restore from NANDmin.bin but it fails. Is there anything I can do? The console still turns on but will not read the SD. I can boot in Hourglass9 and LUMA3DS menu on start up by holding start or select.

Last edited by Shogan,

Ewo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed this guide to the latter and something has gone wrong. I was able to install FBI.cia, hblauncher_loader.cia and lumaupdater.cia from the Health and Safety/FBI menu. I opened Homebrew Launcher and updated LUMA3DS from the main menu. My version now is sys 11.2.0-35E.

I then put a .cia ROM on the root of my SD but when I inserted the card the FBI, Homebrew Launcher and LUMA3DS options were gone from my menu. I retried section v (Injecting FBI) and vi (Finalising Setup) of the guide but the same thing happened again when I added a .cia file to my SD.

Now I have an even bigger problem where my 3DS says it cannot access my SD card and I think my NANDmin.bin may be corrupt (my backup didn't save to the cloud). I tried using Hourglass9 to restore from NANDmin.bin but it fails. Is there anything I can do? The console still turns on but will not read the SD. I can boot in Hourglass9 and LUMA3DS menu on start up by holding start or select.
It sounds like an issue with the actual SD card to me. Have you tried copying all of the files off, formatting, and then copying them back on?

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering how come we can instal a9lh on new 3ds without downgrading? Anyone know how?

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the sky3ds+ and im playing dq7. Before i started or created a sav file for the game, i had added a gamesave key, i finally got to the part that requires internet access and it tells me "do not pass go, do not collect 200G". i remember being able to change the header on the cfg file as well on the sav file using hxD, but that might have been on the old sky3ds. if anyone knows how or where i can find the answer, i would greatly appreciate it. :bow::nds:

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question. Should I be updating my games through Freeshop or will they be able to update officially like I've seen in the past? Thanks.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to build/decrypt my Pokemon Moon via decrypt9 (recent release). Sucks as I just wanna decrypt my copy and not download a copy.

Verifying ExHdr/ExeFS/Romfs: OK/Fail/Fail
Whole thing failed.

SirhanSquared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so before my question, I thought I could pass off some helpful information to the group on how I was able to find an IPS screen 3ds. Basically I used the reddit threads discussing box weight and serial numbers to find it. After searching 6 target stores and weighing the boxes, I managed to score a N3ds XL with firm 9.9 and IPS top screen. The weight of the box with the IPS screen weighed 490 grams, the dual TN screen boxes weighed 482g.

I followed plailect's guide and completed the AL9H installation and luma install completely and everything is working. I am transferring my .3ds games from my gateway and need to convert to .cia.

My question is this:
There are many guides online for converting 3ds to cia. I have the 3ds simple cia converter. In Riku's original instruction, they require Rxtools to do the ExHeader XORpads generation. What is the simplest way to batch convert 3ds files to cia with the tools I currently have from the plailect guide? I found a guide that uses Decrypt9WIP but this also required an additional file called "slotkey_input.zip" which I was unable to find. Is this file necessary? If so, where do I find it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so before my question, I thought I could pass off some helpful information to the group on how I was able to find an IPS screen 3ds. Basically I used the reddit threads discussing box weight and serial numbers to find it. After searching 6 target stores and weighing the boxes, I managed to score a N3ds XL with firm 9.9 and IPS top screen. The weight of the box with the IPS screen weighed 490 grams, the dual TN screen boxes weighed 482g.

I followed plailect's guide and completed the AL9H installation and luma install completely and everything is working. I am transferring my .3ds games from my gateway and need to convert to .cia.

My question is this:
There are many guides online for converting 3ds to cia. I have the 3ds simple cia converter. In Riku's original instruction, they require Rxtools to do the ExHeader XORpads generation. What is the simplest way to batch convert 3ds files to cia with the tools I currently have from the plailect guide? I found a guide that uses Decrypt9WIP but this also required an additional file called "slotkey_input.zip" which I was unable to find. Is this file necessary? If so, where do I find it?

You can just use Decrypt9 (think the option is called like NCCH->cia) now, and no, you don't need that slotkey anymore.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My question is this:

Or you could use free shop

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have a the small o3DS and i lost the sd card that had luma on it, and i can't seem to boot the 3DS without it, is there a way to get the files i need for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq