• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the Homebrew Launcher installed and use stickerhax to launch into it, and my friend who helped install it says that SuMo don't work with it (as well as Smash and whatever the other game is). I read on Reddit that the Region Free Launcher will work with SuMo to launch them with just a few minor glitches or something, but I'm curious if there's any way to completely get games like SuMo and Smash up and running (my Smash is downloaded, tho I'm planning on purchasing Moon in two days). 3DS version 11.1.0.34U, and I've heard good things about Luma and the like, but apparently you can't get that with my 3DS version.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have the Homebrew Launcher installed and use stickerhax to launch into it, and my friend who helped install it says that SuMo don't work with it (as well as Smash and whatever the other game is). I read on Reddit that the Region Free Launcher will work with SuMo to launch them with just a few minor glitches or something, but I'm curious if there's any way to completely get games like SuMo and Smash up and running (my Smash is downloaded, tho I'm planning on purchasing Moon in two days). 3DS version 11.1.0.34U, and I've heard good things about Luma and the like, but apparently you can't get that with my 3DS version.
Homebrew works only with the games you already own (say, cartridges or eshop games already installed).
If by "doesn't work" you mean "run dumped games" then you're right, you need more than homebrew to do that, you need a CFW.
Here you have the available options depending on your 3ds model/firmware and a guide step by step to be able to run a CFW
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Last edited by Arubaro,

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew works only with the games you already own (say, cartridges or eshop games already installed).
If by "doesn't work" you mean "run dumped games" then you're right, you need more than homebrew to do that, you need a CFW.
Here you have the available options depending on your 3ds model/firmware and a guide step by step to be able to run a CFW
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
Thank you! I'll look through this when I get some time and see if I can figure it out.

Reactions: Arubaro

Daveatfernie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I've downgraded and followed the guide as recommended:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide

I've installed free shop but Pokémon sun says it needs a newer version.
I'm sure I'm being ultra dense but when I've looked for emunand (which I thought I needed) it always seems to reference a gateway card which I don't have. Am I right to think that I don't need an emunand with Luma3ds as it runs modded firmware?
if I could get a pointer to the tutorial that shows me how to update my nand or luma to play newer games I'd be very grateful. Also regardless of whether I ask it to boot emunand or says and I always get the sys version number in settings.

Thanks in advance

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I've downgraded and followed the guide as recommended:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide

I've installed free shop but Pokémon sun says it needs a newer version.
I'm sure I'm being ultra dense but when I've looked for emunand (which I thought I needed) it always seems to reference a gateway card which I don't have. Am I right to think that I don't need an emunand with Luma3ds as it runs modded firmware?
if I could get a pointer to the tutorial that shows me how to update my nand or luma to play newer games I'd be very grateful. Also regardless of whether I ask it to boot emunand or says and I always get the sys version number in settings.

Thanks in advance
So you followed the guide fully, huh? If you did, you would already be on the latest firmware, Sys. 11.2.0-35. Just update with System Settings. You should no longer have an emuNAND. It's safe to update through System Settings, it even said so in the guide.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm trying to figure out if I'm screwed here or not. I have fieldrunners on a NNID that was not banned but the console was, I need to system transfer it to downgrade a n3ds, is there a way to system transfer it and make sure all it keeps fieldrunners? (I have a not banned 3DS and I could call Nintendo to transfer to the contents over but I'm not sure if they will if they see the 3DS the NNID was linked to is banned)

Daveatfernie

Trophies
XP
Country
So you followed the guide fully, huh? If you did, you would already be on the latest firmware, Sys. 11.2.0-35. Just update with System Settings. You should no longer have an emuNAND. It's safe to update through System Settings, it even said so in the guide.
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I'd done the full kit and kaboodle although obviously not :(
I'm on 9.2.0.20-e.
Update through the usual 3ds system settings (as if I had never installed cow) or the luma3ds settings? Apologies again for my level of noob.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I'd done the full kit and kaboodle although obviously not :(
I'm on 9.2.0.20-e.
Update through the usual 3ds system settings (as if I had never installed cow) or the luma3ds settings? Apologies again for my level of noob.
Just make sure Luma is update to 6.6 and then use the 3DS system settings to update your system.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw someone claim that was possible on one of the almost 500 pages long thread. I have not tried it, but I believe they used a special build of Luma.
Hope someone with hands on experience gets back to you :)

Hope you can find the person who has done it ! Im super curious

LeorosDaleborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought a brand-new 2DS, european version, and it is acctually in version 11.2.0-35... There is any way of installing the homebrew in it using only Pokémon ORAS or Sun and Moon and a Power Saves or doing a downgrade with hardmod? And it is possible to get games for free? I would preffer to do something like that because a Sky3DS+ FlashCard is really expensive here in Brazil...

Thank you all for the attention.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a brand-new 2DS, european version, and it is acctually in version 11.2.0-35... There is any way of installing the homebrew in it using only Pokémon ORAS or Sun and Moon and a Power Saves or doing a downgrade with hardmod? And it is possible to get games for free? I would preffer to do something like that because a Sky3DS+ FlashCard is really expensive here in Brazil...

Thank you all for the attention.
Downgrade requires a 3DS with custom firmware or a hardmod. Free games requires custom firmware. You can only do Homebrew. Here's a list of Homebrew exploits that work on 11.2.

Reactions: LeorosDaleborn

LeorosDaleborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by LeorosDaleborn,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: LeorosDaleborn

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a PC transfer, it will prompt you to copy the Nintendo 3Ds folder from the source system sd card to the target sd card. Then reinstert the sd card to the target and it will install the dsiware game on system memory.
just the 3ds folder, or the whole source sd card?

mikhaelcool7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you bypass the system update notification and access the browser on 11.0.0-33J ?
Trying to sell my N3DSLL (JPN) but nobody wants it because it can't play games in English. So I decided to install Homebrew on it so that I can make it region free for the possibilities to use PAL or NTSC cartridges but I can't use the browser. I can access it and mess with the settings but once I try to open a page the notification pops up

Last edited by mikhaelcool7,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for all the questions, but do i transfer the Nintendo 3ds folder first, then do the transfer or vice versa? Thanks.
Transfer first. It will tell you when to move it.

Part of the transfer is changing the encryption on the folder so the target console can read it. If the folder is not present then it can't have its encryption changed. The source console would be formatted at the end, so no console would be able to read it at all :-)

Look up a system transfer guide from Nintendo, it will tell you all the important steps and what to look out for.

Reactions: hudhair

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1