• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

TeaRex

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello everyone,

I have question I would like to ask but it may sound dumb. I'm sorry for this.

I have bought a New 3ds Xl and its on firmware 10.6. Can I downgrade this to firmware 9.2 even if it came on firmware 10.6?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In what way don't they work and which titles? I don't think I know how to help but this may assist someone else in helping

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone,

I have question I would like to ask but it may sound dumb. I'm sorry for this.

I have bought a New 3ds Xl and its on firmware 10.6. Can I downgrade this to firmware 9.2 even if it came on firmware 10.6?
Yep. Follow https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Reactions: TeaRex

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d37bcb78c8111aa15f5c928665dff855.jpg

Trying to install homebrew on a 3Ds XL on an old 8.1.0-19E 3DS. I'm at the point where you select CTRNAND transfer. All I can get is this failed message.
Is this fixable? If so, how do I sort it? This is stopping me in my tracks so any help and advice on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone knows how to switch from reinand to luma3ds n3ds user here
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
It tells you how to convert for each version of AuReinand, ReiNAND may come under the oldest AuReinand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

d37bcb78c8111aa15f5c928665dff855.jpg

Trying to install homebrew on a 3Ds XL on an old 8.1.0-19E 3DS. I'm at the point where you select CTRNAND transfer. All I can get is this failed message.
Is this fixable? If so, how do I sort it? This is stopping me in my tracks so any help and advice on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Copy the file over again and make sure you copy the .sha file also. If it still doesn't work, maybe try a new SD card.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm going to buy a new card today, probably go for a 64gb card. Do I need to buy anything specific? Also, isn't there a certain way I need to format it, IE changing the cluster???

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

NvSanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yall i have a question. So i purchased LoE legit in the mad dash to grab dsiware games. No im following the dsiware hax transfer guide. Im at the point where i launche LoE on the sources 3ds to check to see if the save works. no for whatever reason the game goes straight to a black screen and i hear home screen sounds. can anyone help me out with this?

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey yall i have a question. So i purchased LoE legit in the mad dash to grab dsiware games. No im following the dsiware hax transfer guide. Im at the point where i launche LoE on the sources 3ds to check to see if the save works. no for whatever reason the game goes straight to a black screen and i hear home screen sounds. can anyone help me out with this?
Last thing i can think of: try launching the game with FBI; fbi>titles>loe>laumch game

Orichalcos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a US O3ds XL with GW emunand 11.2.0-35U and sysNAND 4.4.0, and I bought a retail US Pokemon moon game but it doesn't work on my gateway classic mode.
Even after going in the gateway mode and pressing select then changing to class mode or the 7.+ thing and so, it doesn't work :(
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance! I really want to play the game so fast.. Can't wait anymore
(I want to play my retail game btw, to enjoy the online feature, transfer the ash greninja, avoid getting banned and so).

Edit: I forgot to mension that it says "The game card was removed error)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I have a US O3ds XL with GW emunand 11.2.0-35U and sysNAND 4.4.0, and I bought a retail US Pokemon moon game but it doesn't work on my gateway classic mode.
Even after going in the gateway mode and pressing select then changing to class mode or the 7.+ thing and so, it doesn't work :(
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance! I really want to play the game so fast.. Can't wait anymore
(I want to play my retail game btw, to enjoy the online feature, transfer the ash greninja, avoid getting banned and so).

Edit: I forgot to mension that it says "The game card was removed error)

Back up all your save games: https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

Then install a9lh: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Then, if you don't want to use your Gateway again then import your saves to cia games (you can use freeShop to download and install directly on your console) or, follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ to use your Gateway with a9lh.

The problem is Gateway uses the firm from your sysNAND, and Pokémon Sun and Moon have a minimum firm requirement. So you need an updated sysNAND.

You might be able to do it with Luma CFW from menuhax, since you can have custom firms, but that would be harder (you'd have to find info from lots of different sources, plus update to 9.2 etc) and result in a less good setup.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

NTR view error .

Bind error on the black screen. and
OK: Remoteplay initiated. This client will disconnect in 10 seconds.
ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
OK: Server disconnected
OK: Disconnected

And then

OK: Memory patch applied
Connecting...
OK: Creating new connection
ERR: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket 192.168.0.16:8000
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.26:8000

Very annoyed. I wanted to try out recording without my capture card and use this instead.

sharkygrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone! so I have an old 3ds running 9.2.0-20 that I'm trying to install cfw on. I'm following the guide at plailect.github.io/Guide and I can't get the decrypt9 browser thing working. I have the files on my sd where they need to be, but none of the links work. I've tried initializing the savedata like the troubleshooter says but still no dice.

any suggestions?

nevermind! I just used the instructions in the readme with the decrypt9 files instead of the ones in the tutorial and it worked just fine!

Last edited by sharkygrin,

Orichalcos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back up all your save games: https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

Then install a9lh: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Then, if you don't want to use your Gateway again then import your saves to cia games (you can use freeShop to download and install directly on your console) or, follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ to use your Gateway with a9lh.

The problem is Gateway uses the firm from your sysNAND, and Pokémon Sun and Moon have a minimum firm requirement. So you need an updated sysNAND.

You might be able to do it with Luma CFW from menuhax, since you can have custom firms, but that would be harder (you'd have to find info from lots of different sources, plus update to 9.2 etc) and result in a less good setup.

Thanks Quantumcat for replying !
but will installing a9lh fix the issue for sure? And for backing up my saves, what about copying and pasting the .SAV files from my device's SD card?( I only have the pokemon sun&moon demo as installed cia game)

Also,there is a an option called "install a9lh" of my gateway menu, does this help? I mean would it be a shortcut to install a9lh?
Thanks Cat

sharkygrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, new problem, I've gotten to the step where you inject fbi into the health and safety app, but for whatever reason none of the fbi.app files show up as options to inject. the only injectable file showing up is the original health and safety .app which clearly isn't helpful. I tried removing everything but the appropriate fbi.app and it says there are no usable files found, which tells me it doesn't like the fbi.app files. are there other versions to try, or am I out of luck?

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, new problem, I've gotten to the step where you inject fbi into the health and safety app, but for whatever reason none of the fbi.app files show up as options to inject. the only injectable file showing up is the original health and safety .app which clearly isn't helpful. I tried removing everything but the appropriate fbi.app and it says there are no usable files found, which tells me it doesn't like the fbi.app files. are there other versions to try, or am I out of luck?
I had that mistake once. Try choosing the injectable FBI one instead of the stock hs file. That's how I resolved it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
,there is a an option called "install a9lh" of my gateway menu
Stay away from this!! Gateway took homebrew tools when they were very early in development when they were still buggy and adapted them for their own use. So Gateway's stuff is very unsafe.

for backing up my saves, what about copying and pasting the .SAV files from my device's SD card?
.sav files can be used with Gateway but not cia files. To convert from Gateway saves to cia saves (or really universal saves as they can be injected into anything) you can use JKSM. The process is explained in the link. You don't have to do this if you intend to keep using Gateway (though it's good to have a universal backup in case you lose your Gateway card one day)

Orichalcos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stay away from this!! Gateway took homebrew tools when they were very early in development when they were still buggy and adapted them for their own use. So Gateway's stuff is very unsafe.

.sav files can be used with Gateway but not cia files. To convert from Gateway saves to cia saves (or really universal saves as they can be injected into anything) you can use JKSM. The process is explained in the link. You don't have to do this if you intend to keep using Gateway (though it's good to have a universal backup in case you lose your Gateway card one day)

Thank you for replying again, but isn't there any simpler and safer way to install the a9lh ? I think you saw the Github guide and you know how much is it long? lets see, installing the Decrypt9(since I'm on 4.4.0-10U) then a step called 2.1.0 ctrtransfer ( long instructions) then last but not least the a9lh(long instructions again) itself and then luma...

I really wish there is a way to install it easily man?
Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up