Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Right, so thank you for your guidance thus far :o But I am getting an issue not outlined in the guide.

At the part where i am trying to boot into Decrypt9 from browser, it tries to boot into my emuNAND instead of Decrypt9. How can I fix this?

Also, what *exactly* am I trying to do? :/ Install arm9lh then what do I do? I'm very confused.
Make sure the launcher.dat is from Decrypt9 not Gateway. Maybe delete the one you have now and copy the Decrypt9 one back on.

After you install a9lh you will have Luma, which is a very good CFW and sufficient for most people's needs, but if you want to keep using Gateway you can then follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Edit: before you go any further, extract your save game from the Pokémon game (and any others you're playing with Gateway) using JKSM. To do this you have to be able to boot into Gateway mode. This is just in case you decide you don't want to re-enable Gateway after installing a9lh, that way you can just inject your saves into cia games without having to do the above link.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm waiting on a response to fix the FBI not showing up in my Home Menu..... Will someone please help me with the situation? Thanks in advance. Waited patiently.
Does it open FBI or Health&Safety?

If FBI, use Cthulhu as I suggested before. If Health&Safety, then the injection failed and you will need to troubleshoot what went wrong.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it open FBI or Health&Safety?

If FBI, use Cthulhu as I suggested before. If Health&Safety, then the injection failed and you will need to troubleshoot what went wrong.

No, it only opens Health&Safety after I followed the steps to install FBI. Lemme try that again a couple more times until it's installed right.

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Make sure the launcher.dat is from Decrypt9 not Gateway. Maybe delete the one you have now and copy the Decrypt9 one back on.

After you install a9lh you will have Luma, which is a very good CFW and sufficient for most people's needs, but if you want to keep using Gateway you can then follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Okay I've managed to make some progress on my own. I am at the part where I am backing up my sysNAND. What I had to do was move the Decrypt9WIP and Launcher file to the root of my SD card and not inside my 9file folder. The ticket dump still put their backup in my 9files folder, so I think its fine.

Once I finish this process I'm going to be a bit confused.

My sysNAND is now on 9.2.0-20U and my emuNAND is on 11.2. Sun does not work on my emuNAND, so clearly the issue lies with CFW or sysNAND. Moving to Luma will fix the CFW, but obviously won't help if my sysNAND is 9.2.0 and it's causing the issue (which it likely is.)

Is it possible to update my sysNAND to 11.2 safely after I install arm9hl and move to Luma AND continue to use emuNAND (I actually really really like using my emuNAND)?

I'm not sure what the Gateway link is for, as I am not using Gateway. I myself am using Cakes, and my gf who I've also modded is using rxTools if I remember correctly. I don't think either of us will have any issues moving to Luma...as long as everything else about our emuNANDs stay the same (that's the big thing. I just want this to be seamless.)

cheesylard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have a JPN N3DS on 11.2 with A9LH/Luma3DS as per Plailect's guide.

My issue: A few titles fail to load (downloaded from freeShop). But not all of them. Probably like 20% or so don't work. I believe it may have to do with my system being Japanese. Is there any workaround to fix this?

Robbieduke16

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. Im new to the website. I just purchased a new 3DS XL( the green super mario world one) Is it possible to download games and play them on it? After "hacking" it I mean. Again please pardon my noobness. Im new to the 3DS scene and the site as well.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I found the solution and sucessfully installed a9lh. Now, I need to find a homebrew that has streaming capabilities.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to update my sysNAND to 11.2 safely after I install arm9hl and move to Luma AND continue to use emuNAND (I actually really really like using my emuNAND)?
Yep you can certainly do that if you wish! I don't know why I assumed you were using Gateway sorry! (Maybe I mixed you up with another person)

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yep you can certainly do that if you wish! I don't know why I assumed you were using Gateway sorry! (Maybe I mixed you up with another person)

Hey there, thanks! I'm actually just gonna swap my emuNAND over to my sysNAND after doing more reading, but unfortunately I ran into some issues with that :( The guide I followed (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand) did not actually switch anything over and I now have no way to get into my emuNAND but I still have it's backup and files on the SD card. How can I switch it over properly?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there, so I followed this guide while installing a9lh: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand

And my emuNAND did NOT get swapped with my sysNAND. I actually dont see any place where it even would in the guide. What gives?
You are supposed to back up your emuNAND, flash it to sysNAND, and remove the emuNAND partition from your card. In this way, all your emuNAND data will be on sysNAND and you'll no longer have an emuNAND at all. Tell us the exact step you're having trouble with?

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You are supposed to back up your emuNAND, flash it to sysNAND, and remove the emuNAND partition from your card. In this way, all your emuNAND data will be on sysNAND and you'll no longer have an emuNAND at all. Tell us the exact step you're having trouble with?

I followed all of the steps in the guide, but there doesnt seem to be nay "flash it to sysNAND" part, all that was done was backups were made and the SD was formatted to no longer even recognize a split NAND system.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there, thanks! I'm actually just gonna swap my emuNAND over to my sysNAND after doing more reading, but unfortunately I ran into some issues with that :( The guide I followed (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand) did not actually switch anything over and I now have no way to get into my emuNAND but I still have it's backup and files on the SD card. How can I switch it over properly?
Are you certain your emuNAND data is not on your sysNAND now? Did you install anything on your emuNAND that now appears in your sysNAND? What about checking your Activity Log to see if it shows the games that you've played on emuNAND?

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Are you certain your emuNAND data is not on your sysNAND now? Did you install anything on your emuNAND that now appears in your sysNAND? What about checking your Activity Log to see if it shows the games that you've played on emuNAND?

100% sure. I had several games and such installed on my emuNAND that are absolutely nowhere to be seen on my sysNAND.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
100% sure. I had several games and such installed on my emuNAND that are absolutely nowhere to be seen on my sysNAND.
Did you definitely do this part, it's the crucial one :
  1. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)” option to restore your SysNAND from NAND_emu.bin

Nope, you're not ignored. It's just a human error on my end, and I resolved it.
If my suggestions didn't help, some feedback would be good. Then maybe can work out what the real problem is.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my suggestions didn't help, some feedback would be good. Then maybe can work out what the real problem is.

Most of your suggestions were very helpful. Thanks.

Now then, where do I find that latest app that specializes in wireless broadcasting from my 2DS to PC?

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did you definitely do this part, it's the crucial one :

Well I was so sure I did everything, but i redid that step and now i have like 40 gifts on my home screen, so... I believe that did it. I'm assuming I can skip a lot of the rest of the guide too since my emuNAND already has FBI injected and such?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts