• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

N3ds noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi..i need help pls.my device is 3ds( jap LL)

while i doing 9.2 downgrade step(sec 2)..i think in middle of installing it stop and came out many japanese word at bottom screen for around 30 second.. so i power off then open again.. but stuck,so i remove sd card and open again is ok but device ver is 9.1.0-20j..
but i can't continue to decrypt step cos i cannot launch homebrew with d pad (down).. and i try web homebrew stuck..

and idea pls and some help?

thanks for inconvenience cause.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello!
I'd like to ask a noob question as well.

I'm using the plailect guide for my o3ds(EU, I started with 10.5.0-26E). Everything went fine until the "Installing arm9loaderhax" part.
I'm at "Section IV - Restoring the System" and I simply don't know what to do now.
It wants me to restore my NANDmin.bin. The first thing to do is to copy the NANDmin.bin to the files9 folder.
I already had my NANDmin.bin in the files9 folder.
The guide wants me to open Hourglass9 and go to SysNAND Backup/Restore and to restore from NANDmin.bin. I don't see the "restore from NANDmin.bin" option.
I've checked
- the NAND size
- if my SD card has any errors
- if the SD needs to be formatted
- my SD card for a Decrypt9 file on the root of my SD card

Nothing. It simply doesn't give me the option to "restore from NANDmin.bin". How big of an idiot am I?
(Do I even need to do this step?lol)
I'm sorry if the question was already asked. I didn't find an answer while googling.

Hourglass9:
Sysnand Backup/Restore -> Sysnand Restore (keep a9lh)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi..i need help pls.my device is 3ds( jap LL)

while i doing 9.2 downgrade step(sec 2)..i think in middle of installing it stop and came out many japanese word at bottom screen for around 30 second.. so i power off then open again.. but stuck,so i remove sd card and open again is ok but device ver is 9.1.0-20j..
but i can't continue to decrypt step cos i cannot launch homebrew with d pad (down).. and i try web homebrew stuck..

and idea pls and some help?

thanks for inconvenience cause.
Downgrade again, you hace a frankenfirmware

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have one o3DS on CFW 11.2, one n3DS XL on CFW 11.2. Am I possible to install CFW on my new 3DS XL? All NA region

N3ds noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Downgrade again, you hace a frankenfirmware[/QUOTE]

thanks. but i cant boot in homebrew launcher with d pad down or by web..

any idea how to boot to homebrew ?

thanks

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
sorry short info.. the downgrade step require homebrewlauncher.. but i can't go in.. pls help
took from Plailect's Guide:
If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what’s called a “partial downgrade” or “partial”, which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader.

So if I call them, they can relink my old one and all my purcahses and saves will be there?
Yeah just tell the you lost the 2nd console (without mentioning any of "that" process) and that you would like your NNID to be linked to the first console

N3ds noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
took from Plailect's Guide:
If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what’s called a “partial downgrade” or “partial”, which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader.

yup.. i using the sysdowngrader from pailect guide..

but now how can i continue the partial ?

thanks.

N3ds noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
did you alredy deleted Home Menu's extdata?

you mean delete the (0000++) folder then direct boot to homebrew 1st?

just now i delete then open device 1st.. sorry..my bad..

trying now thanks.

you mean delete the (0000++) folder then direct boot to homebrew 1st?

just now i delete then open device 1st.. sorry..my bad..

trying now thanks.

i try.. but d pad down no function.. so i try web homebrewhax.. thanks.. i redo the menuhax step then direct to sysdowngrader again.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need help here. I'm struggling to install the homebrew channel on a 3DS XL on 9.8
0 19E.

I use the tutorial on github. I download all the required files and put all the files on my sd card, change the name of the rophin file before putting it into my newly made menuhax folder. put in the URL into the browser. I can then install. When I get to my fw option I press B to skip as I already have this firmware. Everything goes to plan.
1a8c0633606c9874c6491c66fd1d999e.jpg

42775a71eda123fc10c5906c8f5431e6.jpg
b9972c75ddc18b8b2458352cb06f33d6.jpg

I configure the menuhax to type 1, press down on the d pad (+) then reboot the 3ds. However rather than booting into homebrew channel it boots into that last photo, I can get out of that easily enough by pressing the "A" button, the 3ds then reboots. I have tried rebooting quite a few times, each time, pressing down on the Pad (+) and each time it's the same. Any help and advice with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Bump

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck on Section IV of the last part of the guide, and I'm having trouble backing up the EmuNAND file. Here is the screenshot of what it looks like. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• 20161122_124303.jpg
    20161122_124303.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 20161122_124323.jpg
    20161122_124323.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • 20161122_124338.jpg
    20161122_124338.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck on Section IV of the last part of the guide, and I'm having trouble backing up the EmuNAND file. Here is the screenshot of what it looks like. How do I fix this?
1) Pretty sure you mean restoring your emuNand file. you should have backed up your emuNand at other parts of the guide. restoring is when you flash it back to the nand.
2) What was your previous set up before this? rxtools with EmuNand?
3) Once A9LH set up is done, you shouldn't have a EmuNand anymore. so go to sysNand backup/restore, and restore with your emuNand file.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Pretty sure you mean restoring your emuNand file. you should have backed up your emuNand at other parts of the guide. restoring is when you flash it back to the nand.
2) What was your previous set up before this? rxtools with EmuNand?
3) Once A9LH set up is done, you shouldn't have a EmuNand anymore. so go to sysNand backup/restore, and restore with your emuNand file.
I already backed up the emuNand file as I followed the other parts of the guide. However, the file went missing after I finished section three of the last part of the guide. Do I have to go back to get the emuNand backed up again?

greg6721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gents I am driven mad!

I have been trying and trying and I cant get my o3DS on ver 5.1.0-11E to update to 9.2.

infact I'm really struggling with the different variations/programs/cfw/rxtools etc I'm just not really sure how to get to the end point of how to play backups on this 3ds.

I have genuinely tried to figure it out I'm just getting myself more and more confused the more I read! the last tutorial I was following was this one

I could get as far as extracting the emunand and I was getting a no emunand sd card failure. I went back to the start, reformatted the sd card(scandisk 16gb) and still the same issue at the same point.

Can anyone take pity on me and tell me if I can resolve the issue above or indeed the best way to games and homebrew running please?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already backed up the emuNand file as I followed the other parts of the guide. However, the file went missing after I finished section three of the last part of the guide. Do I have to go back to get the emuNand backed up again?
Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Erm, you have the right section? don't think that would make it go missing.
Besides, whenver you back up any nand.bin files, you should have saved it onto your PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!