• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

kaspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've been able to find out so far, can I correctly assume that the gateway will play monster hunter 4, but not online? Then what if I bought a retail cart, and just use the gateway to make it region free to play on non-japanese 3ds will I be able to play it online then?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then what if I bought a retail cart, and just use the gateway to make it region free to play on non-japanese 3ds will I be able to play it online then?

Don't think so. Pretty sure the region lock is still in place in classic mode (mode that plays original carts).

i4ybrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a game cart that currently works with the latest 3ds update, and also the latest pokemon update? It sounds like Gateways incompatible with Pokemon, but with the latest firmware, it works with the 3DS v7.1.0?

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a game cart that currently works with the latest 3ds update, and also the latest pokemon update? It sounds like Gateways incompatible with Pokemon, but with the latest firmware, it works with the 3DS v7.1.0?

I haven't got my copy of pokemon yet, but from what I've been hearing here and on MaxConsole the past couple days is that as long as you have the latest emuNAND and can connect to the eshop, you should have no problems downloading the pokemon 1.2 patch and playing online.

What I'm curious about it whether using a DS cart of black/white will work with the poketransfer app for pokebank.

i4ybrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't got my copy of pokemon yet, but from what I've been hearing here and on MaxConsole the past couple days is that as long as you have the latest emuNAND and can connect to the eshop, you should have no problems downloading the pokemon 1.2 patch and playing online.

What I'm curious about it whether using a DS cart of black/white will work with the poketransfer app for pokebank.

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure what emuNAND is and which carts have it?

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure what emuNAND is and which carts have it?

Then you need to do some googling.

Here's some basics:

Your sysNAND is the actual firmware (has to be 4.1-4.5 to use gateway)

An emuNAND is like a virtual firmware that you update through the settings menu (look up a guide before attempting)

YOU ONLY NEED EMUNAND FOR PLAYING RETAIL CARTS AND GOING ONLINE (ESHOP).

I don't think it is possible to update the emuNAND via cart.

i4ybrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you need to do some googling.

Here's some basics:

Your sysNAND is the actual firmware (has to be 4.1-4.5 to use gateway)

An emuNAND is like a virtual firmware that you update through the settings menu (look up a guide before attempting)

YOU ONLY NEED EMUNAND FOR PLAYING RETAIL CARTS AND GOING ONLINE (ESHOP).

I don't think it is possible to update the emuNAND via cart.

Hey, I looked into it, and this doesn't seem to apply to 3DS carts that play 3DS games. It seems like there's no cart right now that plays 3DS games and is working with firmware 7.1.0, let alone pokemon x/y. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I looked into it, and this doesn't seem to apply to 3DS carts that play 3DS games. It seems like there's no cart right now that plays 3DS games and is working with firmware 7.1.0, let alone pokemon x/y. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're correct. Your system needs to be on 4.1.0-4.5.0 to use a 3DS flashcart.

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gateway will run any rom (except pokemon x/y and animal crossing NL iirc). The emuNAND is used for running 3ds retail cartridges online and accessing the 3DS eshop (downloading apps and such).

You need to start off with a 3ds with firmware 4.1-4.5 and you will be able to play roms that run on higher firmware.

XarujeCMK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I backup my NAND, then I format the SD Card to EmuNAND, does that mean that whenever I use that SD Card, it will automatically boot into emuNAND?

So does that mean I have to have two SD Cards: one without the emuNAND and one with so that I can control whether to use sysNAND or emuNAND?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I backup my NAND, then I format the SD Card to EmuNAND, does that mean that whenever I use that SD Card, it will automatically boot into emuNAND?

So does that mean I have to have two SD Cards: one without the emuNAND and one with so that I can control whether to use sysNAND or emuNAND?
No you only need 1 SD card. When you back up your system Nand copy that file somewhere else safe and then you can format Emunand and when you are done Gateway mode will automatically boot with emunand allowing you to update without actually affecting your Original system nand. Remember though Emunand is optional as The Gateway launcher already support most games with Region and firmwire spoofs but if you want to use the Eshop and latest function of the 3DS like Miiverse and so on it's best used through Emunand.

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the proper method to get from Gateway 2.0b1 to 2.0b2? Do I have 'start fresh' to do it or is there a more simple method since it has initially been hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey