1. LogicalGaming

LogicalGaming Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I followed the guide when i made my backups. I have them all, so would it be possible to still go to firmware 9.2 with it.

Edit: i have files that say
    sysNand.bin
    sysNand.bin.sha
    sysNand_original.bin

Last edited by LogicalGaming, Oct 24, 2016
  2. Posghetti

Posghetti Un-official ReVeluv Leader

United States
    Depends on what firmware those backups were made on, I don't know how to verify the versions of each without restoring and finding it out yourself. I'm going to guess that sysNAND_original.bin is the 9.2 (assuming you have one) try it out for yourself and let me know how it goes (be safe as always!)

3. OHAiTHARU

OHAiTHARU Member
    Newcomer

Chad
    As far as I understand it, with A9LH you need the SDCard in for the system to boot. What would happen if the SDCard fails? I guess I should keep a (full) backup of it safe just in case?

4. Posghetti

Posghetti Un-official ReVeluv Leader

United States
    If the sdcard isn't present, it will not boot and immediately shut off upon booting. Keep a backup if you want (it's nice to have one) but if the sdcard would fail for some reason, all you'd need to do is just grab arm9loaderhax.bin from the latest Luma3DS release and drag it onto the root of the sdcard and it's as good as new (games and saves will be gone ofc)

5. OHAiTHARU

OHAiTHARU Member
    Newcomer

Chad
    Oh, didn't realise it would be that simple. Thanks for the response.

Posghetti likes this.
  6. LogicalGaming

LogicalGaming Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just want to say thank you for your help.Got back to 9.2.

Posghetti likes this.
  7. Vamp_007

Vamp_007 Member
    Newcomer

India
    Hey I got Homebrew on my 11.1.0.34U through basehax and also steelhax but i have a question what is different between steelhax and basehax and how to install luma or other cfw on 11.1 after getting homebrew on 11.1 and please explain what the stuff al9h , emunand , ntr and so on stuff is , I am so messed and confused regarding installing cfw on 11.1. Please give me details regarding backup stuff too.

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can't get CFW on 11.1 without a hardmod or the DSiware downgrade method with another system that has CFW. Period.

9. Vamp_007

Vamp_007 Member
    Newcomer

India
    but i have access to homebrew and there are few youtube videos showing NTR + Luma which runs on 11.1.0.34 , they say all you require is homebrew access from basehax or other method like ninjahax

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    They're lying to you. Homebrew access on 11.1 does not equal you getting CFW. You can't get CFW on 11.1. They already had CFW and then they updated to 11.1. Do not follow YouTube videos, they give horrible advice are horribly outdated.

11. Vamp_007

Vamp_007 Member
    Newcomer

India
    So creating entry point on alpha sapphire was totally useless (basehax) that means and so i can't get CFW for now on 11.1? Also for DSiware downgrade method what stuffs i will need? does the other hacked 3ds should be owned by someone who is near to me based on location distance?

12. brdbv

brdbv Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland

13. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

when downloading official themes via freeshop, it downloads all ~400 of them. this means that the theme app refuses to start. is there a way to delete specific ones in bulk either on the 3ds or via an app on the pc?

it is super slow deleting 300 themes manually one at a time...

14. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi all, many moons ago, in the days of Reinand, I pre-patched my home menu to be region free, and then Luma came out and did this automatically. Problem now is that I cannot update to 11.1 or whatever the new fw is because it keeps getting an error. I was told this was the reason. I am on 11.0 US. Can someone give me the file names of the two files or so that I need to reinstall via FBI/BBMenu? I have been looking but cannot find it as this issue is quite old.

15. aos10

aos10 Yuuki chan

Saudi Arabia
    my friends are asking me about R4 for the 3DS
    they have 3DS on last update 11.1 and want to play DS games only

what good site that sell and ship from USA?

16. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am going to try to install A9LH using the guide by Plailect, but I have several questions.

1. Is it okay to use a higher version of SafeA9LHInstaller? The New 3DS link in the guide leads to 2.5.1, but the newest version is 2.6.1.
    I am wary of using 2.6.1, as the guide does not say anything about it, but I do not want to use an out of date version if the new one is better.

2. I already have an emuNAND and Luma3DS, but I do not know if I am using menuhax or browserhax. Where in the guide should I start, and do I have to use browserhax?

3. My sysNAND says that it is version 9.2.0-20U, but I was on a higher firmware before and downgraded. Do I still have a browser or was it removed?

17. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    1. Do what the guide says. I don't remember exactly why 2.5.1 has to be used, but I did see questions from people where the answer turned out to be that they had used 2.6.1 instead of 2.5.1.
    2. If your emuNAND boots automatically on turning on your console you have menuhax. If you have to use the browser to get into the homebrew menu and then select Luma then you are using browserhax. Just do what the guide says.
    3. What is the last number in the firmware? That tells you whether you have a browser. (Hint: 0 means you have no browser, but yours is 20. What do you think? The guide tells you this also.)

Last edited by Quantumcat, Oct 24, 2016
    Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  18. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Right. I just wanted to make sure since I have had problems before with installing emuNAND, and I did not want to make any mistakes with installing A9LH.
    Thank you for your help.

Quantumcat likes this.
  19. lampdemon

lampdemon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I haven't kept up with the 3ds scene in a while and want to update my current setup.
    I currently Have an Original 3DS XL on 4.5 sysnand (Downgraded, used to be on 9.2), and 9.2 Emunand + Gateway.
    From what I've read, the best setup seems to be A9LH + Luma3ds.

So, I have a few questions:
    1 - Would it be better to upgrade to 9.2 before installing a9lh?
    2 - Is it possible to upgrade the cfw(luma3ds) to access the eshop and play games online?
    3 - Is there a legal way to install CIAs now?

20. Latyana

Latyana GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    trying to get my old town i lost ages ago back. i was told to downgrade my browser. which im doing as soon as i make sure of the details

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh and idk what ya mean by create emuNAND an downgrade. im on a9lh with lumas. i dont see why id need to downgrade to use something to get my old town back via dream address on acnl. pls explain

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,