1. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Looking at pokemon x y cheats in NTR I see some options which I'm not really sure about...
    under wild encounter mdoifier what does option 2 first item count do?

2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Glad I could be of help :)

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    You don't need to update to v2, the latest Luma works fine on v1 (my console was done in early March - when the Web compiler for arm9loaderhax.3dsx came about. And I'm on 11.1 with the latest Luma).

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  4. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Wellp, I need to see why my Luma Updater doesn't want to work so -even if I still can downolad on the thread, it's really strange-
    And the last BootNTR is working with the v1, i've seen people with problem, maybe i didn't read all properly

Thanks o/

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    If you are able to quit and go back to the main menu of Decrypt9, you can pass Select to unmount your SD card, take it out, copy everything from it to the bigger card, put that one in, press B to remount, then continue on.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Get the Luma updater from the guide. Maybe that will work.

Oh and for BootNTR, I tried the one where you have to be in dev Luma, and that worked (haven't tried the newest yet).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Homebound

Homebound Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well I just finished downgrading and installing luma using Plailect guide. Do I need to do anything special before I access the e-shop? Like spoof my IP or anything to avoid Nintendo banning me.

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can't get banned for having custom firmware. Just access the eShop as you normally would.

8. Hanzorin

Hanzorin Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, i just got my 2ds yesterday and went from completely new to full cfw with the awesome Plailect guide (very clear and useful for a noob like me, thank you) without any problem whatsoever.

Ok now onto the questions:

A) I might be sharing this 2DS with a relative but i'd like him to have his own games/saves and stuff, considering that i just have on my SD what i'm supposed to have after just finishing Plailect tutorial,
    can i just copy and paste all the contents of my current SD to my relative's and it'll work too? Is it really that easy or is there something i need to do?

B) Considering i'm a total noob and followed the tutorial blindly like it was the bible, how do i install the freeshop? Is it just download a cia, copy to cias folder in sd then install with fbi? or if anybody could
    kindly point me out to a freeshop guide/tutorial or whatever i'd appreciate it.

C) This question is similar to last one, if i want to get games on my own (freeshop-less) just to have them on the pc for backup in case i fill the SD and have to manage which games are in and out at any given time,
    is it the same? as in... download cia, install with fbi and that's it? (<-- suppose i can delete cia after instalation if its like that?) What about the deletion process? do i uninstall with fbi?

I'm really sorry that i come with tons of questions but i'd rather ask the best than just find rumors or not up to date info... anyways thanks in advance to whoever answer.

9. Avalynn

Avalynn I'm here to learn and help.

United States
    Hey there, and welcome to gbatemp, so as much as I understand it and know (please feel free to correct me though).

A) Yes, you can copy all the data on the freshly made SD card through the Plailect tutorial as a base, in the guide it on part 3 check the bottom for the list of files and folder that MUST be on the SD card or your 3DS will not boot.

B) Yes it is in cia format, check here freeshop link or you can use the FBI app you installed, open FBI and open TitleDB then find freeshop. It will download and install the cia that way too. For free shop to have games in it you will need the proper title keys, there are lots of ways to get this, just do a quick google of encTitleKeys.

C) Edit: Oops I kinda miss read that, yes you copy the cia to SD and then install through FBI, but if you want to delete games installed to your SD card that are installed, easiest to go through the system settings -> data management -> Nintendo 3DS -> software and uninstall the content there. If you want to download the cias for later install or something you might want to check out 3DSeSTUFF which is a wrapper for FunKeyCIA that "make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!"
    Also once the cia is installed you can remove the cia file from the sd card as it will be taking up space (or do an install and delete when install the cia through FBI).

Hope this helps! The more you know and understand the better!

Last edited by Avalynn, Sep 25, 2016
  10. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Is there a way to softbrick 3DS console on latest firmware without CFW (just Ninjhax homebrew)?

Last edited by tivu100, Sep 25, 2016
  11. Homebound

Homebound Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do I know if the arm9loaderhax installed correctly? When I was at section 2 of part 3 in Plailect's guide my screen glitched out. I followed the side notes in the guide and everything else worked great. I just want to make sure I didn't miss this.

Last edited by Homebound, Sep 25, 2016
  12. Hanzorin

Hanzorin Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico

Thank you a lot, really appreciated. seems things are going smoothly now.... it definitely pays off to read things 10x and ask like there's no tomorrow. Not a single problem. =)

13. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    if you followed Plailect's guide, then remove the SD card and try to turn on your 3DS. If it immediately shuts down, that means A9LH is installed.

14. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    If I want to go from reinand to a9lh, do I need to unlink my nands?

15. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Again a doublepost for some strange reason.

Last edited by koffieleut, Sep 25, 2016 - Reason: doublepost
  16. iZiek

iZiek Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi is there a way to get games in my brandnew 3ds thats in 11.1
    or is my only hope is to downgrade by either hardmod or another 3ds?

can i use r4 instead?

17. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    R4 is for DS games. For 3DS, either hardmod, another 3DS with custom firmware, or a Sky3DS.

18. iZiek

iZiek Newbie
    Newcomer

Whats's a Sky3DS?

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Google is your best friend.

20. Wire

Wire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I just installed A9LH but restored sysnand with my 9.2 sysnand (keep a9lh) and I was wondering if it is now possible for me to boot into HourGlass9 and just flash emunandmin.bin to sysnand (keep a9lh).
    Thanks, Wire55

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,