• Views 4,440,699
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I shouldn't be asking this in here, but you've been so helpful in the past that I got lazy =P.

Is the blue card multi-rom, drag & drop type of card? Do I need to put anything else in it apart from the roms? Do I have to run the exploit every time I want to go back to 3ds games?

Thanks!!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I know I shouldn't be asking this in here, but you've been so helpful in the past that I got lazy =P.

Is the blue card multi-rom, drag & drop type of card? Do I need to put anything else in it apart from the roms? Do I have to run the exploit every time I want to go back to 3ds games?

Thanks!!

It's like any DS card.
You have to rerun it everytime you reboot.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went into device manager in windows and saw a 1gb partition in front of the 6.4gb so I used partition magic to unallocated the 6.4 formatted it to 7.4gb and when I put the sd card back in the 3ds it created a profile installed the blue card went into settings clicked on profile and ds profile and it still gives me gwd firmware 7.1. sure that the emunand isn't creating something on the nand chip?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I went into device manager in windows and saw a 1gb partition in front of the 6.4gb so I used partition magic to unallocated the 6.4 formatted it to 7.4gb and when I put the sd card back in the 3ds it created a profile installed the blue card went into settings clicked on profile and ds profile and it still gives me gwd firmware 7.1. sure that the emunand isn't creating something on the nand chip?

No.
EmuNAND is stored as raw data and not in a partition.

Nehi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys im new to gbatemp but ive been following some discussions (although i dont really get most of them) and i have a v4.4 3ds xl bundled with super mario 3d land. I'm planning on buying gateway and here are some very noob questions:

1. So i know that i need to put the launcher.dat into the sd card but my sd card have the 3d land, will it be affected?

2. can i use another blank sd card if i want to update my emunand? I don't want to ruin my 3d land save and stuffs.

If you are on System version 4.1.0 to 4.5.0, you don't need to update. If your System version is 1.0.0 to 4.0.0, you will have to update to use this exploit.

There are two different methods to update your System NAND:

1. Using an original game cartridge bundled with the desired System version update (for example Luigi's Mansion 2 has v4.5.0). It works on all System versions, from v1.0.0 to any versions inferior to the game's bundled System version update.
2. Using a game's ROM bundled with System update v4.5.0 and with Gateway v1.0 (which doesn't prevent the required System version checking). It works on System version v4.1.0 to v4.4.0.

3. To update with both methods i just need to open the game, without connecting via internet?
4. I have opened the wifi in the first day that i bought my 3ds, is it normal for the 3ds to ask me "A system update is ready?" even though i removed the wifi settings or does it mean it already downloaded the update? :(

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. So i know that i need to put the launcher.dat into the sd card but my sd card have the 3d land, will it be affected?

for what I understood, the game will be present in the emunand too, but I'm not sure if the old saves will work or not (you can simply use sysnand to play with it).

2. can i use another blank sd card if i want to update my emunand? I don't want to ruin my 3d land save and stuffs.

there's no need to use another one. an user made a tool to make backups of emunand, so if something goes wrong you can restore them (with the same tool). the saves will be compatible whit the updated emunand.

3. To update with both methods i just need to open the game, without connecting via internet?

yes but you don't need to do it at all. there's no need to have 4.5 instead of 4.4. I have 4.1...

4. I have opened the wifi in the first day that i bought my 3ds, is it normal for the 3ds to ask me "A system update is ready?" even though i removed the wifi settings or does it mean it already downloaded the update? :(

your 3ds downloaded the update (I don't know which one. when did this happen?). if you accept when it asks to update, you won't be able to use gateway/r4i/whatever3dsflashcart. it's not that easy to accept. you have to confirm twice and the second time you can only do it by tapping on the screen.
there are some different ways to delete the update, but even if you don't do it, it won't be a big deal (a nag once a day).

Nehi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2. there's no need to use another one. an user made a tool to make backups of emunand, so if something goes wrong you can restore them (with the same tool). the saves will be compatible whit the updated emunand.

3. yes but you don't need to do it at all. there's no need to have 4.5 instead of 4.4. I have 4.1...

4. your 3ds downloaded the update (I don't know which one. when did this happen?). if you accept when it asks to update, you won't be able to use gateway/r4i/whatever3dsflashcart. it's not that easy to accept. you have to confirm twice and the second time you can only do it by tapping on the screen.
there are some different ways to delete the update, but even if you don't do it, it won't be a big deal (a nag once a day).

2. even if the box says the 3d land cant be copied through sd cards its still safe?

3. if im not at 4.5, will i be able to play v4.5 games like luigi's mansion 2?

4. v6.xx. great news although i still want to delete it coz sometimes i lend the 3ds to my little brother. :))

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2. even if the box says the 3d land cant be copied through sd cards its still safe?

it should be. anyway, nothing will happen to the saves that are in the sysnand (but make a backup of the sd before creating emunand, just in case).

3. if im not at 4.5, will i be able to play v4.5 games like luigi's mansion 2?

yes, gateway mode allows that. you can even play regin-locked games.

4. v6.xx. great news although i still want to delete it coz sometimes i lend the 3ds to my little brother. :))

ah. if it's 6.x, you might want to try this method:
create a working connection, go to the home menu, turn on the wifi and put the 3ds in sleep mode. after some seconds, it should begin downloading the 7.1 update. open the 3ds and switch off the wifi. they say that, this way, the 6.x update will get deleted and the download of the 7.1 will be interrupted, thus resulting in the removal of the update nag.
anyway be careful because the new updates will get downloaded if the connection is active while not playing a game (so you can keep the wifi on if you are playing one, just remember to switch it off right before closing it) and that if you go in the range of a nintendo hotspot, if the wifi is switched on the 3ds will connect to it (it has incorporated wifi settings for those hotspots) and will download the latest update.

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question if anyone can answer. I'm on Gateway with the latest emunand 7.1 but lost my data for miiplaza when I updated my emunanad. Is there anyway to back up the data for street passes/Miiplaza or link it to my miiplaza when it's not in Gateway mode. I hate to be getting streetpasses when in the end I just lose them when updating .

Patatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i am probably overthinking this but do i need to delete my pre installed game from a 4.5 firmware 3ds in order to make gateway work?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am probably overthinking this but do i need to delete my pre installed game from a 4.5 firmware 3ds in order to make gateway work?
You do not have to delete pre install games in order to make gateway work. After the exploit using the Blue card you just need to put the launcher in the root of the SD card and voila However if you want to use emunand it will delete your installed games you got from the Eshop so back them up before formatting it or you will lose them.

Patatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You do not have to delete pre install games in order to make gateway work. After the exploit using the Blue card you just need to put the launcher in the root of the SD card and voila However if you want to use emunand it will delete your installed games you got from the Eshop so back them up before formatting it or you will lose them.

thanks for the heads up will make a backup then since it would be horrible to lose my progress on mh3u and the game itself

Nehi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it should be. anyway, nothing will happen to the saves that are in the sysnand (but make a backup of the sd before creating emunand, just in case).

yes, gateway mode allows that. you can even play regin-locked games.

ah. if it's 6.x, you might want to try this method:
create a working connection, go to the home menu, turn on the wifi and put the 3ds in sleep mode. after some seconds, it should begin downloading the 7.1 update. open the 3ds and switch off the wifi. they say that, this way, the 6.x update will get deleted and the download of the 7.1 will be interrupted, thus resulting in the removal of the update nag.
anyway be careful because the new updates will get downloaded if the connection is active while not playing a game (so you can keep the wifi on if you are playing one, just remember to switch it off right before closing it) and that if you go in the range of a nintendo hotspot, if the wifi is switched on the 3ds will connect to it (it has incorporated wifi settings for those hotspots) and will download the latest update.

Thanks sir!! Merry Christmas!

Reactions: tyons

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question here:

When I play a ds cart and run the gateway exploit and then go back to classic mode, will I have to re-install my emuNAND?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question here:

When I play a ds cart and run the gateway exploit and then go back to classic mode, will I have to re-install my emuNAND?
No you do not need to run the Exploit again when entering Classic mode ( It's part of the Gateway Function). The only time you need to re rerun the exploit is when playing a DS game ( From the blue cart) or something involving the DS profile function.

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you do not need to run the Exploit again when entering Classic mode ( It's part of the Gateway Function). The only time you need to re rerun the exploit is when playing a DS game ( From the blue cart) or something involving the DS profile function.

Before playing the ds game or after?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1