• Likes 43

Doble-J

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed A9LH some minutes ago and I was wondering a couple of things:

-Do I install Cias the normal way? (You know selecting SD)
-Can I enter the Data management option to delete things as normal? (Have a couple of GBA games that are useless since I installed A9LH)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed A9LH some minutes ago and I was wondering a couple of things:

-Do I install Cias the normal way? (You know selecting SD)
-Can I enter the Data management option to delete things as normal? (Have a couple of GBA games that are useless since I installed A9LH)
Yes to both.

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you on A9LH? You can't launch Decrypt9 from the Homebrew Launcher, you need to use the a9lh.bin payload at boot time, when on A9LH as we need Arm9 privileges.

Now assuming you are using Luma3DS. Then you'll want use Luma3DS' payload chainloading feature.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Basically download the latest release of Decrypt9WIP.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

1. Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin from the Decrypt9WIP zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card.
2. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to down_Dec9.bin

Now hold the D-PAD Down, and you'll boot into Decrypt9 at boot time. You can change the button to whatever you want, as long as it's a valid one as described in the Luma3DS wiki that I linked above.

Yes I am using Luma3DS.

Thanks alot for your help, just installed my first cia and its working perfect! :)

Even if I got decrypt9 working with your help, I still don´t understand why I can´t boot it from the Homebrew Launcher menu?
What is the difference between this and other homebrew, and how do I know if I can start it with the Homebrew Launcher or not?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am using Luma3DS.

Thanks alot for your help, just installed my first cia and its working perfect! :)

Even if I got decrypt9 working with your help, I still don´t understand why I can´t boot it from the Homebrew Launcher menu?
What is the difference between this and other homebrew, and how do I know if I can start it with the Homebrew Launcher or not?
It's because once the system is fully on, we no longer have arm9 privileges, at least that's how I have always understood it. This is also another reason why on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, we need to keep our SysNAND at 9.0-9.2, as it allows us to have Arm9 privileges from there, and get our CFW to basically load from there onto RedNAND//EmuNAND.

And how do you know? Well most of the recovery tools are going to need Arm9 privileges, everything else is probably not going to need that, you should basically be using Homebrew Launcher for other apps, I've personally hardly use Homebrew Launcher now tbh.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's because once the system is fully on, we no longer have arm9 privileges, at least that's how I have always understood it. This is also another reason why on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, we need to keep our SysNAND at 9.0-9.2, as it allows us to have Arm9 privileges from there, and get our CFW to basically load from there onto RedNAND//EmuNAND.

And how do you know? Well most of the recovery tools are going to need Arm9 privileges, everything else is probably not going to need that, you should basically be using Homebrew Launcher for other apps, I've personally hardly use Homebrew Launcher now tbh.

Ahh I think I got it now, thanks again!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My GW emunand firmware is on 9.0 and I feel like updating it to 10.4 or something.
What should I use? Can I use sysupdater on it?
The latest release in Jan said to not use this on Gateway mode but this thread says it's fine:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-you-update-emunand-with-sysupdater.409191/
You can update Gateway emuNAND with SysUpdater without issue. It's sysNAND you can't update from Gateway mode (sysNAND will brick if you do this).

I believe the newer Gateway updates allow you to update its emuNAND to the latest without any problems as well, so you can just update to 11.0 through the system settings if you just wanted to update emuNAND in general.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of repeating myself... with regard to this topic, (which I just checked again more thoroughly and now I feel silly) would one need any special homebrew software to boot a ROM injected into a retail Virtual Console game?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
At the risk of repeating myself... with regard to this topic, (which I just checked again more thoroughly and now I feel silly) would one need any special homebrew software to boot a ROM injected into a retail Virtual Console game?
You need CFW to run VC injects. It's very unlikely you'll need to do the inject yourself, there are hundreds available on that ISO site. (Only need to do it yourself if it's an obscure, unpopular game that no one else has wanted to play on their 3DS before you).
Yes but GBA games shouldn't be useless - if you're having trouble running them let us know and we can help. If you're running Luma on sysNAND with no BootAnim9 or BootCTR9 and with original AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM they should work.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need CFW to run VC injects. It's very unlikely you'll need to do the inject yourself, there are hundreds available on that ISO site. (Only need to do it yourself if it's an obscure, unpopular game that no one else has wanted to play on their 3DS before you).
So there is no method whatsoever through which one can boot a custom Virtual Console game in a vanilla 3DS running environment?
Does it not matter if the software is a modification of one that you legally purchased?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there is no method whatsoever through which one can boot a custom Virtual Console game in a vanilla 3DS running environment?
Does it not matter if the software is a modification of one that you legally purchased?
Every piece of 3DS software is signed with a private key. This signature is verified by checking it against the 3DS's public key. You can think of the private key like a key and the public key like a lock.

When you modify a piece of software, the private key's signature is broken, the key has changed. When it is checked against the public key, the public key says it's invalid, the key can no longer open the lock.

CFW gets around this by ignoring the check on the private key's signature, so the lock doesn't care what key you use; any key can open the lock. This is why CFW is required.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update Gateway emuNAND with SysUpdater without issue. It's sysNAND you can't update from Gateway mode (sysNAND will brick if you do this).

I believe the newer Gateway updates allow you to update its emuNAND to the latest without any problems as well, so you can just update to 11.0 through the system settings if you just wanted to update emuNAND in general.
kay thanks!

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This a really noob question but, How do I enter emunand (rx/luma) without Firmware spoof
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...to-a-specific-version-with-sysupdater.409633/
This guide say to run sysupdater in emunand but sys updater says not to run in firmware spoofs such as rx/gateway/luma/etc.(https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases)
how do i enter emunand w/o Spoof?
The spoof notice is only for sysNAND. It's ok to run SysUpdater in emuNAND.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally ready to do a system transfer from my O3DS that is on the latest stock firmware, to my N3DS that is on the latest hacked firmware with A9LH.

There is nothing special that needs to be done, right? I can just perform a system transfer as if both of them were stock 3DS systems with no hacks or homebrew installed?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally ready to do a system transfer from my O3DS that is on the latest stock firmware, to my N3DS that is on the latest hacked firmware with A9LH.

There is nothing special that needs to be done, right? I can just perform a system transfer as if both of them were stock 3DS systems with no hacks or homebrew installed?
That's correct. All your stuff on your stock O3DS should transfer properly to your A9LH N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol