• Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to play GBA games? Thats not possible without homebrew, or cfw as far as I know, with HB its No problem though. Same goes with SNES
I'm not trying to play games from any system the New 3DS can't already emulate. I'm looking at some NES games specifically, but some GB(C) and SNES games might also be of interest to me.

I am aware of the situation with GBA emulation via the 3DS Virtual Console.

Last edited by Topaz Light,

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not trying to play games from any system the New 3DS can't already emulate. I'm looking at some NES games specifically, but some GB(C) and SNES games might also be of interest to me.
Emulating games from Roms is Only possible via HB/CFW might you be intrested in that : https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications
If you cant manage to get HB working or CFW ive recently been through the proces. So feel free to ask me ( or other lovely people vere <3)
Might you choose to get CFW emulators in .cia(installable) would be very much possible.

Last edited by Jitrid,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like this is a really stupid question, but would it be at all possible, through any means, to get a "custom" Virtual Console game running like normal on the 3DS? That is, one that you would not need to boot through any homebrew anything and that you could just tap on the menu to start up.

To be clear, I am A-OK with purchasing a Virtual Console game and replacing the ROM in that file or something of that nature if that would work; it doesn't have to be free or Miiverse-compatible, I just want a way to be able to play games like EarthBound Beginnings on my 3DS in the same way as I would a normal Virtual Console game.

If that's not possible, then that's just fine and I understand. I just couldn't think of a better place to ask this since the Ask section of this site seems to be closed for some reason. (Or maybe I'm just not qualified to post in it?)
If you have CFW, you can install virtual console injects to your home menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any way to transfer the saves from some of my retail carts to installed cias?
Yes - use JKSM.

Edit: Sorry Tamarile, didn't see your answers to these already!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahhh, alright. Would I still need to boot the games through a homebrew app to play them, or would I be able to start them up the same way as a "legitimate" Virtual Console game?
On CFW you have a "emulated" home menu, you can launch your emulator from there

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ahhh, alright. Would I still need to boot the games through a homebrew app to play them, or would I be able to start them up the same way as a "legitimate" Virtual Console game?
You can install them as .cia, same as any other game. On an o3DS you can't play SNES injects though.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On CFW you have a "emulated" home menu, you can launch your emulator from there
I see.
I'm not interested in using a homebrew emulator, though. What I want is to essentially make my own Virtual Console port that works exactly the same way official Virtual Console releases do, right down to the circumstances in which the game can be booted up. Again, it doesn't have to be free; I am completely willing to buy a Virtual Console game of the same filesize or whatever would be necessary and then modify that into the game I want. I'm not really interested in actually pirating a game; I just want to be able to play it on my system of choice rather than the Wii U, and ideally without having to boot it through any third-party software.

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see.
I'm not interested in using a homebrew emulator, though. What I want is to essentially make my own Virtual Console port that works exactly the same way official Virtual Console releases do, right down to the circumstances in which the game can be booted up. Again, it doesn't have to be free; I am completely willing to buy a Virtual Console game of the same filesize or whatever would be necessary and then modify that into the game I want. I'm not really interested in actually pirating a game; I just want to be able to play it on my system of choice rather than the Wii U, and ideally without having to boot it through any third-party software.
WiiU games will not work on A 3ds Simply because the processing power isnt strong enough. no emulator for wiiU is here now and i highly doubt it'll come. Assuming you knew this and I just read it like a blind man What exactly do you want?

Last edited by Jitrid,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I see.
Did you read what I said:
You can install them as .cia, same as any other game. On an o3DS you can't play SNES injects though.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiU games will not work on A 3ds Simply because the processing power isnt strong enough. no emulator for wiiU is here now and i highly doubt it'll come. Assuming you knew this and I just read it like a blind man What exactly do you want?
Oh, yeah, I'm aware. I'm not interested in playing actual Wii U games on my 3DS. Despite both systems supporting NES Virtual Console games—and the New 3DS also supporting SNES Virtual Console games—the Wii U eShop has many NES games in its Virtual Console lineup that are not part of the 3DS's Virtual Console lineup. What I wanted to do was get 3DS versions of some of those Virtual Console games. I'm not trying to run Splatoon on my New 3DS or anything, haha~

Did you read what I said:
I did. I was posting from mobile, so your message was posted while I was typing up mine and I didn't see it until after my message was already posted. Sorry 'bout that.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, yeah, I'm aware. I'm not interested in playing actual Wii U games on my 3DS. Despite both systems supporting NES Virtual Console games—and the New 3DS also supporting SNES Virtual Console games—the Wii U eShop has many NES games in its Virtual Console lineup that are not part of the 3DS's Virtual Console lineup. What I wanted to do was get 3DS versions of some of those Virtual Console games. I'm not trying to run Splatoon on my New 3DS or anything, haha~

I did. I was posting from mobile, so your message was posted while I was typing up mine and I didn't see it until after my message was already posted. Sorry 'bout that.
Hmm splatoon 3ds :D. But anyway... games for the WiiU are just for the WiiU im affraid

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aaaaand it´s me again...

I just tried to create a ".cia" file from a ".3ds" file. But I can´t create the xorpads files, because I can´t start decrypt9WIP from the Homebrew Launcher. It just tries to load and after a few seconds I get back to the Homebrew launcher menu.

Is there another programm where I can get the xorpads files from?
Any ideas why decrypt9 isn´t working for me?

Thanks for your help.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaand it´s me again...

I just tried to create a ".cia" file from a ".3ds" file. But I can´t create the xorpads files, because I can´t start decrypt9WIP from the Homebrew Launcher. It just tries to load and after a few seconds I get back to the Homebrew launcher menu.

Is there another programm where I can get the xorpads files from?
Any ideas why decrypt9 isn´t working for me?

Thanks for your help.
Are you on A9LH? You can't launch Decrypt9 from the Homebrew Launcher, you need to use the a9lh.bin payload at boot time, when on A9LH as we need Arm9 privileges.

Now assuming you are using Luma3DS. Then you'll want use Luma3DS' payload chainloading feature.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Basically download the latest release of Decrypt9WIP.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

1. Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin from the Decrypt9WIP zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card.
2. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to down_Dec9.bin

Now hold the D-PAD Down, and you'll boot into Decrypt9 at boot time. You can change the button to whatever you want, as long as it's a valid one as described in the Luma3DS wiki that I linked above.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Temptress Cerise
Welcome back senpai
Today, finally I have my ds working as I wanted Thanks so much :) <3
I helped you? Huh. I was hoping you'd brick by now.

Kidding! Kidding! ^_^ Glad to have helped~ <3

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm very tired. Thank you anyway.
Oh, just thought you had ignored me or something lol. It happens, just wanted to point it out is all. Hope it helps~ ^_^

Reactions: Jitrid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol