Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thanks for your quick response, I used
Plailect's github guide step 2
I havent tried stock SD card since it is full (What do I delete?)

The downgrade itself went smooth and was full(130 files?)
I used plaisysupdater
It checked the files, all good

Downgrade also all good no errors
I also have decrypt and plaisys text files((crash)reports(Plaisys just has good's and done's)) If that helps?

Tried the Stock card. Gives the same i/o error, Thanks for the idea tho. wouldnt have came up with that
Is the i/o error on your PC? Or on the 3DS? If on PC, have you tried another SD card reader? If on the 3DS... that's odd, the only thing I could think off is that your SD reader on your 3DS is failing.
Try formatting with this tool: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

And try again, I guess. Make sure you backup your files before doing the format with that tool.

What happens to my installed CIA If I go to the eshop and buy and install a game? Do they get deleted?
I have some DLC and update CIA installed but not DLC from the eshop.
I'm about to configure my NNID in my arm9lh n3ds with the latest Luma and system update, and wanted to know if there's a problem going into eshop and buying stuff.
If you are talking about uninstalling a game you installed via .CIA, then buying it off the eshop, you'd also have to remove the ticket via FBI.
If you are talking about buying DLC, for a .CIA you installed, then you shouldn't really have any problems, so long as you buy all the DLC for that game. Pirated DLC and bought DLC don't play nice with each other.

You really shouldn't have problem buying games you haven't installed. As I do this often. However, like above, you'll probably have problems if you want to buy a game you didn't properly own via eshop.

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the i/o error on your PC? Or on the 3DS? If on PC, have you tried another SD card reader? If on the 3DS... that's odd, the only thing I could think off is that your SD reader on your 3DS is failing.
Try formatting with this tool: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

And try again, I guess. Make sure you backup your files before doing the format with that tool.
If you're suggesting my sd card reader on my 2DS is broken how do i check this? (Yes, the error was on DS)
How easy is it to replace?
everything else works perfectly fine on my SD though
Would the decrypt error log help in this?

Last edited by Jitrid,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're suggesting my sd card reader on my 2DS is broken how do i check this? (Yes, the error was on DS)
How easy is it to replace?
everything else works perfectly fine on my SD though
Would the decrypt error log help in this?
Post it please. However, if you are sure your SD Card works and functions correctly elsewhere, then you may be right it might not be your SD Card reader on the 2DS failing.

Also, could you try downloading the latest release of Decrypt9WIP again, and replacing it with the one on your SD Card.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

I forgot the thread with the info on all of the hardmodders. As I wanna get a hardmod. Can anyone tell me the thread containg all the hardmodders?
Here you go fam~ <3
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thx :lol:

Post it please. However, if you are sure your SD Card works and functions correctly elsewhere, then you may be right it might not be your SD Card reader on the 2DS failing.

Also, could you try downloading the latest release of Decrypt9WIP again, and replacing it with the one on your SD Card.

Here you go fam~ <3
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
Thx Again :rofl2:

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There, I had the newest version of decrypt9 from the start, but ill happily try that too(I mean you're the senpai ;))

Attachments

• Decrypt9.rar
    230 bytes · Views: 84

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Root SD.png

Havent got the chace to redownload it, I dont know where i found this version anymore
Will look for that now

Last edited by Jitrid,

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Delete the EmuNAND9 folder, and also, are you using browserhax or menuhax? If MenuHax, would you mind re-installing it again, or trying browserhax and then launching Decrypt9.
I'll remove Emunand9 and Load Decrypt via browser exploit now, ill be back with teh results

Zeyoka

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. Should come with 4.5 if I am correct on the information I've found.
2. Gateway works with 4.5 via MSET. 9.2 (browserhax or menuhax) and via A9LH (Updated SysNAND) - Do not use GW-A9LH (it is a locked down version of Standard A9LH)
3. They should.
4. With Gateway on 4.5 via MSET, you'd need to set-up an EmuNAND, then from your EmuNAND you'd make an NNID.
5. Sky3DS+ is another flashcart, but it will only let you play games of the same region as your 3DS, and works without any modifications to the system and up to the latest stock OFW.

Now, for some added info and stuff you can look into. If you don't want to use a Gateway3DS, and your 3DS comes with a working browser, you should be able to get to 9.2 easily, from there you'd have 2 choices, either setup MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND or go the full A9LH route.

If your 3DS comes with a FW below 9.2, then you'd have to do the update section of the guide, prior to even attempting the rest. (Skip Part 2 of the Guide if you have to do this first)
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

Plailect's A9LH Guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Now, while the guide I linked is more focused to A9LH, you can use it to setup MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND.

For MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND, use the guide I linked, but stop at Part 4, Section I, Step 26, this way you have proper backups of your SysNAND and RedNAND//EmuNAND, and have injected FBI into your RedNAND.

Then once that's done, change your menuhax configuration to something that suits you, like type 2 autoboot, or however you want to trigger your menuhax that fits your needs.

Then look into improving your menuhax bootrate by looking at this link:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

Now, with this setup, you'll basically be able to use FBI to install your dirty .CIA files and be able to play online and use eshop as well have your NNID.

Now, if you want A9LH (100% Bootrate - CFW on Updated SysNAND) - Then you'd follow the guide to the end.

Also, GW does work with A9LH, using BootCTR9.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-gateway-on-a9lh-v2.431222/

GW only works on a MenuHax+EmuNAND setup (You have to make sure to setup an EmuNAND and not a RedNAND)

Anyways, this all probably a lot of info to digest. So take your time with it, and decide what's best for you and what you want go with. ^_^

Thank you for answering :D There is so much info out there, i thought i needed a GW and a DS with FW 4.1-4.5? but no? hahah ,Okey so your answer kinda spawned more questions.

So correct me if i am wrong here, but from my understanding getting a GW is pointless. Because i can just use Plailect's A9LH guide, install Homebrew, install a CFW that lets me play 3ds games on my sd-card? A cfw that works like wiiflow perhaps? And from what i understand .cia files are like .wad files on the wii, correct? (I have a softmodded and a hardmodded wii, so i have allot of experience from wii hacking) And with A9LH i can install gba emulators aswell?

Oh and from my understanding A9LH works like bootmii?

So what are the name of these cfw that i need? Do i install them all during Plailect's guide?

Some of these questions probably sound stupid, but for someone who knows nothing about the 3dshackingscene, It is hard to know what the best option is. And i don't want to do an outdated and dangerous method.

Thanks for answers in advance :)

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll remove Emunand9 and Load Decrypt via browser exploit now, ill be back with teh results
Sadly... It said SD failure or SD full one of the 3 errors Ive been getting. But i just dont belive it since it works in every single other way, i bought it yesterday It did say something about partial setup failure for a split second while loading.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for answering :D There is so much info out there, i thought i needed a GW and a DS with FW 4.1-4.5? but no? hahah ,Okey so your answer kinda spawned more questions.

So correct me if i am wrong here, but from my understanding getting a GW is pointless. Because i can just use Plailect's A9LH guide, install Homebrew, install a CFW that lets me play 3ds games on my sd-card? A cfw that works like wiiflow perhaps? And from what i understand .cia files are like .wad files on the wii, correct? (I have a softmodded and a hardmodded wii, so i have allot of experience from wii hacking) And with A9LH i can install gba emulators aswell?

Oh and from my understanding A9LH works like bootmii?

So what are the name of these cfw that i need? Do i install them all during Plailect's guide?

Some of these questions probably sound stupid, but for someone who knows nothing about the 3dshackingscene, It is hard to know what the best option is. And i don't want to do an outdated and dangerous method.

Thanks for answers in advance :)
You'll have to convert .3ds dumps to .CIA, or get them as .CIA, then install them via FBI (CIA Manager) - Or use something like freeShop. So basically it makes owning a GW pretty useless, unless you like GW's cheat menu, which is far superior to NTR, however, NTR Cheat Plugin is still an option, if you don't mind using that. And yeah, I guess .CIA files are sort of like .WAD files, I guess. I kind of hacked my Wii using a tutorial and didn't really bother understanding what I did. :P With A9LH, you'll be able to inject GBA roms into VC, think this is possible on a MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND setup, so this isn't really exclusive to A9LH.

A9LH basically works like BootMii, it allows to run recovery tools like Hourglass9//Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, and so on and so forth.

The guide makes you use Luma3DS, however, once you are done with the tutorial, you can look into others and decide on what that fits your needs.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

And no problem, this is the NOOB PARADISE thread, so no question is stupid, though you'd probably have gotten your head bitten off had you asked outside of here. :P Some Tempers aren't as nice and friendly.

Sadly... It said SD failure or SD full one of the 3 errors Ive been getting. But i just dont belive it since it works in every single other way, i bought it yesterday It did say something about partial setup failure for a split second while loading.
Hmmmm. I don't know then. If you got the SD Card the other day, would you be able to return it?

You could also run H2testw to see if your SD Card is fake or not.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are talking about uninstalling a game you installed via .CIA, then buying it off the eshop, you'd also have to remove the ticket via FBI.
If you are talking about buying DLC, for a .CIA you installed, then you shouldn't really have any problems, so long as you buy all the DLC for that game. Pirated DLC and bought DLC don't play nice with each other.

You really shouldn't have problem buying games you haven't installed. As I do this often. However, like above, you'll probably have problems if you want to buy a game you didn't properly own via eshop.

Thanks for the response, I just want to buy MHGen when it comes out, usually I buy physical but this I have some cash on my Nintendo account and I'll go with the eshop version.

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'll have to convert .3ds dumps to .CIA, or get them as .CIA, then install them via FBI (CIA Manager) - Or use something like freeShop. So basically it makes owning a GW pretty useless, unless you like GW's cheat menu, which is far superior to NTR, however, NTR Cheat Plugin is still an option, if you don't mind using that. And yeah, I guess .CIA files are sort of like .WAD files, I guess. I kind of hacked my Wii using a tutorial and didn't really bother understanding what I did. :P With A9LH, you'll be able to inject GBA roms into VC, think this is possible on a MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND setup, so this isn't really exclusive to A9LH.

A9LH basically works like BootMii, it allows to run recovery tools like Hourglass9//Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, and so on and so forth.

The guide makes you use Luma3DS, however, once you are done with the tutorial, you can look into others and decide on what that fits your needs.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

And no problem, this is the NOOB PARADISE thread, so no question is stupid, though you'd probably have gotten your head bitten off had you asked outside of here. :P Some Tempers aren't as nice and friendly.

Hmmmm. I don't know then. If you got the SD Card the other day, would you be able to return it?

You could also run H2testw to see if your SD Card is fake or not.

I bought it at one of the biggest hardware stores in the netherlands, and wont be able to return it since it got declared bankrupt today :/
Are you sure its the SD card since it doesnt work with the stock one either? And isnt that partial setup a problem?(Seems critical to me )

Jitrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks.jpg

I "Borrowed" my brothers SD card and it WORKED! I got myself a sysnand backup with the correct size
Thanks a bunch for all the time you put into helping me! <3

Reactions: Temptress Cerise

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How long did you wait for "forever." People report waiting anywhere from 10-15+ mins, and then it works. Wait it out for at least up to 20mins. Then report back.
Sorry for not clarifying. Left it for an hour charging on friends list.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure you're on the latest version of Luma. Because of the 11.0 the friendmodule needed updating.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Thanks I'll update and report back.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it at one of the biggest hardware stores in the netherlands, and wont be able to return it since it got declared bankrupt today :/
Are you sure its the SD card since it doesnt work with the stock one either? And isnt that partial setup a problem?(Seems critical to me )
View attachment 53528
I "Borrowed" my brothers SD card and it WORKED! I got myself a sysnand backup with the correct size
Thanks a bunch for all the time you put into helping me! <3
So it was//is a faulty SD Cards? Anywho, I was going to reply with some other offshoot ideas, but had to leave to see a friend. Glad you got it sorted tho. ^_^

Sorry for not clarifying. Left it for an hour charging on friends list.

Thanks I'll update and report back.
Ah, well then. Go ahead and try what Temarile suggested then. Hope it fixes it. ^_^

Reactions: RayD97

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo