• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are different variants of sysupdater like plaisysupdater or safesysupdater, but they are more or less, inestables too.
I used the sysupdater that was in the same thread that the 9.2 pack I used in "that iso site" (I thin it was julian20's version).
I would recommend plaisysupdater or that julian20's sysupdater but either way you'll probably need to try more than once to get it run
Figured. I am using Julian's too...I think.

Is the a9lh the way to go instead of the carts? I almost bought another Gateway 3ds cart for my new 3ds. I haven't looked through the guide yet.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Figured. I am using Julian's too...I think.

Is the a9lh the way to go instead of the carts? I almost bought another Gateway 3ds cart for my new 3ds. I haven't looked through the guide yet.
a9lh is another exploit like the one we use on 9.2 to use CFW but it runs in a lower level, so we can use it to boot unsigned apps like decrypt9 before loading sysnand for example.
To use a 9.2 sysnand + emunand with CFW is almost the same as a9lh, but the later has some benefits.

And yes, instead of carts, you'll need .cia files that you install on your 3ds, so a 8gb-64gb are recommendable, depending on what you really want to do

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: daddie05

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a9lh is another exploit like the one we use on 9.2 to use CFW but it runs in a lower level, so we can use it to boot unsigned apps like decrypt9 before loading sysnand for example.
To use a 9.2 sysnand + emunand with CFW is almost the same as a9lh, but the later has some benefits
Need to to wrap my head around all this and start with a fresh mind. I have been trying to downgrade since last night. If I go the a9lh route, do I have to reinstall home brew using the a9 tutorial in order to downgrade? If so, the. I may just start over with the a9lh tut since I have yet to downgrade from 9.9.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Need to to wrap my head around all this and start with a fresh mind. I have been trying to downgrade since last night. If I go the a9lh route, do I have to reinstall home brew using the a9 tutorial in order to downgrade? If so, the. I may just start over with the a9lh tut since I have yet to downgrade from 9.9.
Just downgrade an make a Emunand and then follow the guide.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If you take the a9lh route, there are part/steps of the guide that you'll not need to do, because have already done some of them.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
If you want to boot emunand though a 9.2 sysnand, you just need to do only part 1, 2 and 3.
If you want a9lh, then you will need 4 and 5 too

Reactions: daddie05

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still possible to install aureinand and arm9loader hax on a O3DS because of the release of the new 11.0 patch? I have not been here in a long time and only have rxtools :(?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is it still possible to install aureinand and arm9loader hax on a O3DS because of the release of the new 11.0 patch? I have not been here in a long time and only have rxtools :(?
You Rxtools install right then just start following the guide at the Lums3DS part and then to the 2.1 downgrade part.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
That's where I'm at now. I took a break after 2 hours of trying to get past the error 148
There are a few tricks like running ftpony, exiting to homebrew menu and then running sysupdater or formating the sd card and putting back only the files needed

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few tricks like running ftpony, exiting to homebrew menu and then running sysupdater or formating the sd card and putting back only the files needed
I tried the ftpony trick where you launch it the then press B and B again to exit.
No luck tho.

Just to make sure I have an understanding about the steps that I need to take:

Once I run sysupdater and accomplish the downgrade to 9.2. I can then move on to the a9lh hack for the cfw?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I tried the ftpony trick where you launch it the then press B and B again to exit.
No luck tho.

Just to make sure I have an understanding about the steps that I need to take:

Once I run sysupdater and accomplish the downgrade to 9.2. I can then move on to the a9lh hack for the cfw?
Yes you can then continue one for a9lh

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi o/ !

I'm back with some stupid(s) questions :
So I've my N3DS SysNAND 10.7 (well a9lh + Luma3DS SysNAND) I can update safely (i'm almost sure of that) but I still need to change the name of my Playload for the HBL.cia

NOW here's the thing I NEVER understood with 3DS stuff. All about NNID. Because it's now my 10th 3DS (Collector, so special editions for a lot of them that's why) so I already have 2 NNID (One for my O3DS Ambassador + One for my O3DS rxtools when it was cool one year ago), now I have to do another one right ? And if so there's no problem for the e-shop etc so ?

Thanks o/

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi o/ !

I'm back with some stupid(s) questions :
So I've my N3DS SysNAND 10.7 (well a9lh + Luma3DS SysNAND) I can update safely (i'm almost sure of that) but I still need to change the name of my Playload for the HBL.cia

NOW here's the thing I NEVER understood with 3DS stuff. All about NNID. Because it's now my 10th 3DS (Collector, so special editions for a lot of them that's why) so I already have 2 NNID (One for my O3DS Ambassador + One for my O3DS rxtools when it was cool one year ago), now I have to do another one right ? And if so there's no problem for the e-shop etc so ?

Thanks o/
As far as I'm aware, you don't need an NNID, unless you want to download free stuff and demos.

Edit: As for the payload, the guide, at part 5, has download links for the "new" payloads. Basically already renamed for you. Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
yep I'd like to dl clean stuff (like Updates / Demo / Free games) and deal with some .cia too so yep I think I need access to the e-shop...

Oh nice for the payloads, was not able to check the last days o/
Thanks !

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep I'd like to dl clean stuff (like Updates / Demo / Free games) and deal with some .cia too so yep I think I need access to the e-shop...

Oh nice for the payloads, was not able to check the last days o/
Thanks !
Yeah, then you'll need an NNID for the free games and demos. Updates and stuff you buy don't need an NNID. I use the shop just fine without an NNID, and have made purchases as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...