• Views 4,457,367
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you just getting a black screen? Unfortunately, you'll just have to keep trying. On the N3DS system I had, it took me 3 tries before OTPHelper launched. You could try v0.86a, but you really shouldn't need to.
Yeah, you're right. Just black screening. Okay, I'll go another dozen or so more. QQ.

jose_700

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine. 11.0.0.33U is now the latest version. As for your payload error on HBL. You'll have to rename the firm numbering in the payload file on your SD card.

Edit: For N3DS, that should be "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-11-0-0-33-USA.bin"

I was wondering if you could be more specific here? Where is this payload file and how do I modify it? Do I rename the file or do I go into the file itself and edit some value?

gordesky1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello guys i need help with this... so far im on step 4 on 11 If you encounter an error at any point during the downgrade, restore your RedNAND backup from emuNAND_formatted.bin using OTPHelper through the Homebrew Menu on SysNAND. Afterwards, you can retry the downgrade on RedNAND, restoring from backup whenever it fails until it goes through successfully. This downgrade process can take many many tries in some situations, just keep trying until it works

So far it happen 8th time now... is this known to happen and how many times can it take up too???

here's were it errors at each time... http://prntscr.com/b282e2

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if you could be more specific here? Where is this payload file and how do I modify it? Do I rename the file or do I go into the file itself and edit some value?
If you have the payload on your SD card, just rename it. If you have yet to download it. Then download it from the link below. The otherapp one. And just rename it to match the new 11-0-0-33 numbering. No need to go into the file or do any hex editing or whatever.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

Edit: Maybe to clarify, when renaming it, just replace 10-7-0-32 to 11-0-0-33.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

jose_700

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the payload on your SD card, just rename it. If you have yet to download it. Then download it from the link below. The otherapp one. And just rename it to match the new 11-0-0-33 numbering. No need to go into the file or do any hex editing or whatever.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

Edit: Maybe to clarify, when renaming it, just replace 10-7-0-32 to 11-0-0-33.
Thanks for the clarity! I was worried I would have to hex edit lol

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on part 5 #7 is it ok to update to 11?
What version are you on currently? So far, early reports show that 11.0.0-33 is fine on CFW sysNAND (A9LH setup) - As well as on emuNAND//redNAND+menuhax setups.

Edit: You can make a nand backup (which I advice to do), and update, and restore your backup if you have doubts. Assuming you have A9LH or an emuNAND//redNAND setup.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version are you on currently? So far, early reports show that 11.0.0-33 is fine on CFW sysNAND (A9LH setup) - As well as on emuNAND//redNAND+menuhax setups.
currently on sys 10.7.0-32u on this step in part 5

Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings

Last edited by VampireZio,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently on sys 10.7.0-32u
It's up to you if you want to update, but from all the initial reports, you can go ahead and update. Just make a nand backup of 10.7 to be on safe side and if you have doubts. The update doesn't break A9LH, and all you'd have to really do is just rename your HBL payload to match the new 11-0-0-33 numbering.

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up to you if you want to update, but from all the initial reports, you can go ahead and update. Just make a nand backup of 10.7 to be on safe side and if you have doubts. The update doesn't break A9LH, and all you'd have to really do is just rename your HBL payload to match the new 11-0-0-33 numbering.

My sole purpose of doing this to my 3ds was to use the NTR video streamer for my computer. Which looks like you need to be on 10.2 firm? so wondering how I can use that if I am doing this arm9loaderhax thing. Yet I still want to play my games online...and access the eshop....

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: VampireZio

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've installed pokemon Y but it says to update. Im using a Luma3ds Armloaderhax. Is it save to update or do I just need to get an updated cia.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the NTR .cia just go on the root? or do I need to drag the entire folder to root?
No. The NTR.bin goes into your SD Card. You install the NTR.cia to your sysnand using FBI//DevMenu.

Relevent Links: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming

I've installed pokemon Y but it says to update. Im using a Luma3ds Armloaderhax. Is it save to update or do I just need to get an updated cia.
It's safe to update. I still recommend you make nand backup of 10.7 in case of anything. The update doesn't break A9LH.

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The NTR.bin goes into your SD Card. You install the NTR.cia to your sysnand using FBI//DevMenu.

Relevent Links: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming

It's safe to update. I still recommend you make nand backup of 10.7 in case of anything. The update doesn't break A9LH.

Regarding the nand backup, which tool should be used? I tried using one of them and it said my sd card wasn't formatted for emunands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.