Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,483,009
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43
D

Deleted-379826

I've made a thread about it but havent got any replies basically my problem is ive tried twice in a row but after formatting emunand on the second time right when you enter the time it will freeze for 5 seconds then says an error has occured power off then brick. I think this could be related to some folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder i shouldnt have because a long time ago when i was downgrading and getting cfw there was this wierd step where you had to backup Nintendo 3Ds then delete the folders that dont belong but by accident i deleted the backup and didnt touch Nintendo 3ds at all?

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm back sorry X_X
I would like to know a little thing : I have a Micro SD Card of 16Go from my N3DS XL and I'd like to use it for my N3DS.
So I think i've to format it, but can I use the tool from Windows ? If so is there any special option to do ? It's in order to do a (maybe) a9lh installation but at least starting with the first 3 parts.

Thanks o/

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm back sorry X_X
I would like to know a little thing : I have a Micro SD Card of 16Go from my N3DS XL and I'd like to use it for my N3DS.
So I think i've to format it, but can I use the tool from Windows ? If so is there any special option to do ? It's in order to do a (maybe) a9lh installation but at least starting with the first 3 parts.

Thanks o/
Are you using an emunand? If not just delete the stuff off it and put the stuff from the system you want to use it in on it. You don't have to reinstall a9lh as its installed to the system

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no it was just a N3DS XL with some legit cia games
so I deleted everything, there were no emuNAND / redNAND just the basics things, not even a9lh because I never tried this one X_X

Thanks o/

D

Deleted-379826

Are you using an emunand? If not just delete the stuff off it and put the stuff from the system you want to use it in on it. You don't have to reinstall a9lh as its installed to the system
you know alot about a9lh an stuff could you maybe try and help with my message the last one on the previous page?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
you know alot about a9lh an stuff could you maybe try and help with my message the last one on the previous page?
The biggest folder in the Nintendo 3ds folder is the one with all your games and what not. You can delete the others. Every time you run tiny format it makes a new one, it can also use one that's already there which may cause issues(it shouldn't but with you it might be why). You can back them all up first if you want.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guys, I successfully installed A9LH and Luma, I installed the things I need. But after a few minutes with meddling, "SafeA9LHInstaller v1.5.2" Shows up, asking me to press select to update a9lh or to shutdown. After I press select, it repeats in a loop. Any solutions?

D

Deleted-379826

The biggest folder in the Nintendo 3ds folder is the one with all your games and what not. You can delete the others. Every time you run tiny format it makes a new one, it can also use one that's already there which may cause issues(it shouldn't but with you it might be why). You can back them all up first if you want.
Alright i only have too I'll back them up and delete the smaller one

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I successfully installed A9LH and Luma, I installed the things I need. But after a few minutes with meddling, "SafeA9LHInstaller v1.5.2" Shows up, asking me to press select to update a9lh or to shutdown. After I press select, it repeats in a loop. Any solutions?
Replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your sd card with the one for luma

D

Deleted-379826

I tried deleting the 64 mb one and that one just made it so it's almost like I have a brand new 3ds now that I pasted it back in let me try deleting the one that is 1 gb O.O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried deleting the 64 mb one and that one just made it so it's almost like I have a brand new 3ds now that I pasted it back in let me try deleting the one that is 1 gb O.O
Wait no bigger than 1 gb

D

Deleted-379826

Replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your sd card with the one for luma
I have a feeling that this ultimately huge one will not help because it's ultinately huge (note I don't even have any games on Sysnand unless this also counts emu and)

Ur deleting ones that have a bunch of numbers and letters right? Also what fw is the emunand on?
Correct and my emunand is latest

D

Deleted-379826

The small one is ur sysnand the big one is the emunand that your using
So would deleting any of them help at all?

And the guide says to use luma for the whole guide that's just the example but since I'm too lazy to add it to boot manager I'm using rei but I doubt that's a problem ? On top of that since I didn't restore for a third time and my emunand is still technically formatted don't I lose th games or?

Last edited by ,

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Help.
Really I need some help right now. I was downgrading my N3DS and an error occured while doing it.
So yep i think that my 3DS has been bricked. Nice just bought it.
So now when i try to turn off after a downgrade i can access to the "Home Menu" screen but still freezing.

What can I do ? Thanks.

Edit : I put another SD Card and my N3DS is working... What ?

Last edited by Rick Astley,
D

Deleted-379826

Help.
Really I need some help right now. I was downgrading my N3DS and an error occured while doing it.
So now when i try to turn off after a downgrade i can access to the "Home Menu" screen but still freezing.

What can I do ? Thanks.
If it boots to a black screen Google 3ds recovery mode and try what it says if that doesn't work your only hope is a hard mod

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Prob not, if you had a bunch I would say it may. I would use decrypt9 to make an emunand backup then make a new one for a9lh, unless that's what you have done. You could also use jk's save manager to backup all your saves and just start with a new emunand all together as it sounds like you don't have much(u said the folder was 1gb). It really sounds like something in the emunand itself is fucked.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Help.

What can I do ? Thanks.

Edit : I put another SD Card and my N3DS is working... What ?
Theme data can cause issues. If the downgrade failed you have a partial and need to run the downgrader again

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

And the guide says to use luma for the whole guide that's just the example but since I'm too lazy to add it to boot manager I'm using rei but I doubt that's a problem ? On top of that since I didn't restore for a third time and my emunand is still technically formatted don't I lose th games or?
If you didn't backup the emunand first ya you lost the games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)