• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Rezwan739

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been a while i've done this but as far as I remember the main purpose of this procedure is for extracting the OTP file for your machine. This file is very important and unique for your console, the only way to do this is by going back to fw 2.1 later. And also you might not be able to boot that firmware based off your machine. But, as he explains in the guide its normal.
Thereby i highly suggest follow every step of the guide and do not skip anything. Sometimes you will even question yourself "why do i have to format and re-flash sysnand and emunand for the 100th time?" But, this is the only way to ensure 100% safe arm9lh installation. And yeah btw go for Aureinand aka Luma3ds at the end.

As i said before have patience as someone has yet to release a video tutorial based on this. Eventually you will also flex your 3ds muscle with the Arm9lh boys.

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
G'day guys I haven't updated my Gateway and 3DS since the release of 3.0. I'm very rusty and cautious when it comes to updating this.
My 3DS was downgraded to "4.5.0-8E" and the EmuNAND is on "GW3D 9.9.0-26E".

I've recently updated the Gateway launcher to 3.4.1 which was the easy part. Now I'm looking to update the EmuNAND to the latest.

How to I check if the update that is available is safe to upgrade to?
I made an EmuNAND backup in January 2015, should I make another one?

Assuming everything is fine do I just launch into my EmuNAND, go to the settings check that "GW3D 9.9.0-26E" is the version then hit system update?

I appreciate any and all help, thanks guys.

Jiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing a Kirby Planet Robobot CIA recently that has been proved legit, but yet when I open it up after installation, I get an error screen. I have used FBI several times before successfully with no issues at all, idk why I suddenly do now. I am installing this game on Emunand btw if that matters.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi! So i have a 10.7.0-32E o3DS. If i have ocarina of time do i need something more or with it can i do the hax?

Last edited by Cava,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! So i have a 10.7.0-32E o3DS. If i have ocarina of time do i need something more or with it can i do the hax?
You need another 3ds already hacked or powersaves.

You can install the hax too if you have a dslite and a flashcard... But the previous methods are preferable

Reactions: Cava

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, a n3ds hacked (with hacked I mean with homebrew access) will do the job too
Okay so if i have the game and another 3ds with homebrew access. How can i setup the hax to work? I saw the oot3ds github page but where is the point when the another 3ds needs? Can u please write step by step? Very big thanks if u do so.

Last edited by Cava,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so if i have the game and another 3ds. How can i setup the hax to work? I saw the oot3ds github page but where is the point when the another 3ds needs?
You need homebrew access to run the oothax installer to inject the modified save into your ocarina. Once done, you use your oot in your non-hacked 3ds to run homebrew.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You need homebrew access to run the oothax installer to inject the modified save into your ocarina. Once done, you use your oot in your non-hacked 3ds to run homebrew.
And oothax installer is in the start kit? Can u please write just a short how to for me?

Last edited by Cava,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, it is
Can u please write just a short how to for me? So i've got a virgin 3ds and an ocarina of time 3d and a 9.2 homebew access n3ds. What sould i need to do after step by step? sorry for me. How can i modifie the saves what i need to run etc. etc. Big thx to you anyway you helped me a lot. :)

Last edited by Cava,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Can u please write just a short how to for me? So i've got a virgin 3ds and an ocarina of time 3d and a 9.2 homebew access n3ds. What sould i need to do after step by step? sorry for me. How can i modifie the saves what i need to run etc. etc. Big thx to you anyway :)
Put your oot in your hacked 3ds and boot the game while pressing a+b+x+y to delete all the saves.
Run homebrew in your hacked 3ds through your favourite entrypoint (browserhax or whatever)
Run the oothax installer and select the version and model of your virgin 3ds.
Now, you can use oothax on you virgin 3ds. Just boot your oot on your virgin 3ds, load the modified save and once loaded, press a

Reactions: Cava

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Put your oot in your hacked 3ds and boot the game while pressing a+b+x+y to delete all the saves.
Run homebrew in your hacked 3ds through your favourite entrypoint (browserhax or whatever)
Run the oothax installer and select the version and model of your virgin 3ds.
Now, you can use oothax on you virgin 3ds. Just boot your oot on your virgin 3ds, load the modified save and once loaded, press a
Thanks so i dont need anything from the github page right? Just follow your guide.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am trying to do a spoof transfer from my O3DS 9.2 (maybe EmuNAND will be sufficient on latest firmware) to my N3DS XL 9.9fw. I have multiple entry points to get into hbl, not worried about that. Just wondering what to go on for the spoof transfer or just update my n3dsxl to the latest, then downgrade?

Last edited by Sheimi,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I am trying to do a spoof transfer from my O3DS 9.2 (maybe EmuNAND will be sufficient on latest firmware) to my N3DS XL 9.9fw. I have multiple entry points to get into hbl, not worried about that. Just wondering what to go on for the spoof transfer or just update my n3dsxl to the latest, then downgrade?
I would downgrade the N3DS, set up CFW and do a system transfer after that. If you update your N3DS to the latest firmware, you will to use need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and a Save Dongle (Action Replay Powersaves) to downgrade. It's easier overall to downgrade with the browser which you can do on firmware 9.9.

You can follow this guide to downgrade and get Arm9loaderhax and CFW set up on your N3DS. After you've got CFW set up, you can update to the latest firmware and do a system transfer without issue.

Reactions: Sheimi and pbanj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches