• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

RaBBiDz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been following the Plailect guide now and I'm at part 3 atm, and I'm having some weird issues, dunno if they are normal or not as it is not mention in the guide. When I'm trying to boot into RedNAND from Luma3DS in homebrew I sometimes get a black screen and sometimes not. Is this normal or should I be worried?

I also reached this point last night and I am seeing the same results as you. Was actually comjng here to ask the same. I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing this is one of the perks of hitting part 5 a9lh that I read people talk about? If anyone can confirm thanks.

Another question, finishing part 3 in the guide and having Lumas3DS now, am I now region free? Can I put cia's on my SD now? Reading the rest of the guide that seems to be hitting a9lh territory which I'm not planning to do just yet. Thank you.

VFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do you by chance have a ds flashcard that works in your device?
if so then we can get you started installing cfw
you can use cfw to update to a proper 9.2 . . .
I have an Acecard 2i and a R4.
My 3DS will recognize the both of the cards, but won't run them (a black screen with "an error has ocurred" is displayed).
Is there a way to update the files inside the MicroSDs? Maybe they are outdated, as I've been using them for years on my DSLite.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been following the Plailect guide now and I'm at part 3 atm, and I'm having some weird issues, dunno if they are normal or not as it is not mention in the guide. When I'm trying to boot into RedNAND from Luma3DS in homebrew I sometimes get a black screen and sometimes not. Is this normal or should I be worried?
That is just part of not having a9lh. It's nothing to worry about
I don't think Gateway can be used with ARM9LoaderHax...
(Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I just did a quick Google search)
Yes gateway can be used with a9lh, many are doing it.
hey

please any howto for creating tickets and using for direct downloading in ehsop without cia??

many thanks
Read the threads for the tools. You don't even have to read the entire thread, just the main post. they tell you how to do it. the fact that you asked about it tells me you saw the threads but didn't read.

Reactions: Hoppy

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also reached this point last night and I am seeing the same results as you. Was actually comjng here to ask the same. I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing this is one of the perks of hitting part 5 a9lh that I read people talk about? If anyone can confirm thanks.

Another question, finishing part 3 in the guide and having Lumas3DS now, am I now region free? Can I put cia's on my SD now? Reading the rest of the guide that seems to be hitting a9lh territory which I'm not planning to do just yet. Thank you.
Yes after part 3 you can stop and just keep menuhax. At that point you are past the most dangerous part, downgrading without a backup. With luma you will have region free. Without a9lh the failed boots are normal and nothing to worry about.

Reactions: RaBBiDz

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried with the method said above but seems it didn't work. When I enter the eshop and try to update the game it says that there are 0 needed blocks to download, but still the game is required to be updated to be used so I can't play it. If I try to update the game by the eshop I get the 007-6106 error, if I try to start the game it says that needs to be updated (says that is at 99%) and if I try to update it pressing Y I get error 005-8034. Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry, not sure what the issue is if that didn't work. You can try getting the update cias from "some iso site" and installing them via cia installer, but this won't solve the invalid ticket issue if that's what is happening.

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

On my 3DS, RxTools, last emunand, sysnand 9.2, i'm looking for a flashcard in order to play some DS games I missed (not 3DS games since I just have to get a cia if I want to)
I have a R4i for DSi but not for last update (my DSi isnt updated), so I guess if I put it on my 3DS it'll brick it since it's detected/blocked linker since a DSi update.

I dont know which one choose, and I wonder if it's possible the linker communicate with the activity log in order to permit him to know how much time I passed on this ds game or this one....
I think with my DSi one, in a world where this linker works, it's not possible since it show a game name on the dsi homemenu, I think the system believe I play the Star Wars game my linker show on homemenu.

Thank you !

teefy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all just downgraded and got myself all set up finally! So I've got two questions;

I followed a site from one of the ISO sites and I'm not sure what CFW I firstly have Luma3ds is what it tells me to use which is what I just used from the tutorial on there

Secondly, with regards to emunand Im on emunand 9.2 and if i run a system update would that affect anything like menuhax and how everything else runs on the DS? Or won't it matter at all?

thanks

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all just downgraded and got myself all set up finally! So I've got two questions;

I followed a site from one of the ISO sites and I'm not sure what CFW I firstly have Luma3ds is what it tells me to use which is what I just used from the tutorial on there

Secondly, with regards to emunand Im on emunand 9.2 and if i run a system update would that affect anything like menuhax and how everything else runs on the DS? Or won't it matter at all?

thanks
As long as sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked, updating emuNAND will not affect anything on sysNAND (Menuhax, etc...).

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install it via HBL as you said, or you can use another .cia installer like NASA. Or you can inject the new version in H&S and remove the older one.

Actually I don't know if two different version of FBI are considered two different titles, because in that case you could even install the new version using the old one, then removing the old one using the newer... Well now I have to try it..

EDIT: Titles are based on Title_ID, and all FBI 2.x.x share the same id (while 1.4.7 and probably older have a different ID so you can use it as "alternative" .cia installer).

And seems like you could "update" FBI while using it (you can't see the update until you close and open it doe), but I really don't know if that is a proper installation.

Without installing a new CIA? A built-in feature?

D

Deleted User

Let's say I'm using menuhax to auto boot into CFW and then Emunand. If it fails at some, I don't know, yellow screen, and never reaches the HBL, is the CFW/Emunand screwed? Basically, does it count as an official powering on/off of the system? :I

RaBBiDz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just background info before I ask my question. Finished part 3 of the tutorial and have Luma3DS working. Not planning to go through a9lh yet. Having a hard time finding a straight answer about CIA's and since this is my first time I don't want to screw up.

How do I work with CIA's? At this moment I'm led to believe I need to install FBI on the SD, with Luma3DS do I? And if I do is there a tutorial I can be directed to? Not sure if its section 1, part 4 in the Plailect guide. Thanks

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just background info before I ask my question. Finished part 3 of the tutorial and have Luma3DS working. Not planning to go through a9lh yet. Having a hard time finding a straight answer about CIA's and since this is my first time I don't want to screw up.

How do I work with CIA's? At this moment I'm led to believe I need to install FBI on the SD, with Luma3DS do I? And if I do is there a tutorial I can be directed to? Not sure if its section 1, part 4 in the Plailect guide. Thanks
The guide should have you inject FBI into health and safety. After that just put the CIA files somewhere on your sd card(I use a folder called CIA to keep it clean) after the cia/s are on your sd card you just run FBI and navigate to where you put the cia/s then click A to install

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Viri,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently in the process of OTP hacking my sister's n3DS. I just backed up the sysnand and emunand, and I noticed that the sizes are different? Is this normal? They're the correct sizes according to that site.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size

Also, I'm on step Section II step 14 on a n3DS do I still have to hit "Unbrick FW 2.1 Emunand"? Why doesn't the guide mention it, if I do have to hit it?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
If you're following the guide word for word and using redNAND and not emuNAND, then I believe redNAND saves some space on some N3DS models. If you're actually using emuNAND, I think it should be the same size as sysNAND, but I could be wrong on this.

The one step setup on newer versions of OTP Helper automatically unbricks the emuNAND on N3DSes, so that step was removed from the guide. If you're still using an older version of OTP Helper without the one step setup option, I'd recommend updating to the newest version.

Dartinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Grab cubic ninja, use it to boot into the homebrew menu. Use nasa to install the legit cia's for your region. That's all you can do. Little tip not every CIA is a legit one.

How can I know if my 3DS is downgradable to the point I could do all that? It's a north american red 3DS XL, I have it since 2013 or 2014.

Dartinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All 3DSes are currently downgradable. If you're on 10.6 or 10.7 you'll need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time to downgrade though.

I keep seeing everyone talking always about Cubic Ninja but never about Ocarina of Time. What are the differences between the two methods? I'm asking because I already own Ocarina of Time and it would be easier to me than buying Cubic Ninja.

Also, can you point me a good tutorial here on how to do the downgrade and how to use OoT to install the homebrew channel?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1