• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to upgrade to 9.2 without using the 3DS internet browser? My 3DS's browser is unavailable unless I update it.
I have a 4.5.0-OU O3DS and
do you by chance have a ds flashcard that works in your device?
if so then we can get you started installing cfw
you can use cfw to update to a proper 9.2 . . .

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: VFB

El Antrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3DS XL and want to mod it so I can just download games and play them for free, mod games if possible without Powersaver Pro. I'm new to the 3DS hacking/Modding.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using HANS to test your hacks is the safest and easiest way.
from what I've read you do have the need of the original cartridge to do that. unfortunately I want to do some romhack Smash Bros which was already installed on my 3DS.
Any other ideas then ? :/

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys when I try to update a game (Resident Evil Revelations (E)) in the eShop I always get error 007-6106 . I updated many oher .cia but this is the only one that gives me this error. I'm on Luma+A9LH. Do you know how to fix it?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys when I try to update a game (Resident Evil Revelations (E)) in the eShop I always get error 007-6106 . I updated many oher .cia but this is the only one that gives me this error. I'm on Luma+A9LH. Do you know how to fix it?
This usually happens when you update a game via cia then try to update it via eShop later. Try this:

1. Copy all CFW and A9lh files to a new SD card (and install the game on this new SD card if you're not using a cart). Do NOT copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

2. Go to the eShop and update your game. It should work this time.

3. Turn off your 3DS and insert your original SD card.

4. Go back to the eShop and try updating the game again. This time it should work!

This error is caused by an invalid ticket for the game's update files. These invalid tickets occur when updating via cia. This method let's you get a proper ticket added to your account for the update file and should allow you to update through eShop again.

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This usually happens when you update a game via cia then try to update it via eShop later. Try this:

1. Copy all CFW and A9lh files to a new SD card (and install the game on this new SD card if you're not using a cart). Do NOT copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

2. Go to the eShop and update your game. It should work this time.

3. Turn off your 3DS and insert your original SD card.

4. Go back to the eShop and try updating the game again. This time it should work!

This error is caused by an invalid ticket for the game's update files. These invalid tickets occur when updating via cia. This method let's you get a proper ticket added to your account for the update file and should allow you to update through eShop again.

Sadly I only have the stock MicroSD from the 3DS, which is not big enough to install the .cia (need at least 6.5gb to memorize and install), is there any other way to get the proper ticket? Or can I backup my actual 64gb MicroSD>format and fill it with cfw files>install and update the game>format again and restore with original backup>update the game?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly I only have the stock MicroSD from the 3DS, which is not big enough to install the .cia (need at least 6.5gb to memorize and install), is there any other way to get the proper ticket? Or can I backup my actual 64gb MicroSD>format and fill it with cfw files>install and update the game>format again and restore with original backup>update the game?
Yes, you can make a backup of your SD card, complete the steps, then restore your SD card backup and it should work as well.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want to make a new thread about this. Anywho, I'm still on menuhax with my n3ds but the boot rate is terrible (about 30%) So I am thinking to go on to A9LH, I've got just one question. What if I want to bring the n3ds back to its original state, is that still possible? Because you take over your sysnand right?

Thanks

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you can make a backup of your SD card, complete the steps, then restore your SD card backup and it should work as well.

I tried with the method said above but seems it didn't work. When I enter the eshop and try to update the game it says that there are 0 needed blocks to download, but still the game is required to be updated to be used so I can't play it. If I try to update the game by the eshop I get the 007-6106 error, if I try to start the game it says that needs to be updated (says that is at 99%) and if I try to update it pressing Y I get error 005-8034. Am I doing something wrong?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to make a new thread about this. Anywho, I'm still on menuhax with my n3ds but the boot rate is terrible (about 30%) So I am thinking to go on to A9LH, I've got just one question. What if I want to bring the n3ds back to its original state, is that still possible? Because you take over your sysnand right?

Thanks
To do that, you would need to flash on your sysnand a pre-a9lh backup of your sysnand (or a valid emunand )

InZane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have been following the Plailect guide now and I'm at part 3 atm, and I'm having some weird issues, dunno if they are normal or not as it is not mention in the guide. When I'm trying to boot into RedNAND from Luma3DS in homebrew I sometimes get a black screen and sometimes not. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I already have an OTPed 3DS. I have two 10.7 3DSes, one is a new 3DS. I am trying to OOThax them!

So, I used my already hacked 3DS to put that really fucked up save on my OOT cart, it installed perfectly. Now onto my issue, so I put the home brew starter kit on my n3DS micro SD card, I load up OOT, and press a button. I see a bunch of garbled up words, and it just makes the home button sound, and kicks me back to home screen.

Um, help? I tried it a bunch of times!

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble getting gateway to launch on 9.2

I have an a9lh setup and Originally I had updated sysnand and 9.2 on emunand and tried to boot gateway through emunand (i tried both go.gateway-3ds.com and 3ds.reboot.ms) The console hangs after the bottom screen gets garbled (does not return to home menu with "an error has occured" and I have left the console on for a significant amount of time incase it was just loading slow)

After I also flashed my sysnand with 9.2 and repeated the above steps on sysnand. No change, I also thought the launcher.dat may be corrupt so I redownloaded and replaced that as well. Still no dice.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong or could be happening? I want to boot gateway so I can dump a cart with headers. (uncart dumps a trimmed image without a header)

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting gateway to launch on 9.2

I have an a9lh setup and Originally I had updated sysnand and 9.2 on emunand and tried to boot gateway through emunand (i tried both go.gateway-3ds.com and 3ds.reboot.ms) The console hangs after the bottom screen gets garbled (does not return to home menu with "an error has occured" and I have left the console on for a significant amount of time incase it was just loading slow)

After I also flashed my sysnand with 9.2 and repeated the above steps on sysnand. No change, I also thought the launcher.dat may be corrupt so I redownloaded and replaced that as well. Still no dice.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong or could be happening? I want to boot gateway so I can dump a cart with headers. (uncart dumps a trimmed image without a header)
I don't think Gateway can be used with ARM9LoaderHax...
(Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I just did a quick Google search)

Last edited by Hoppy,

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think Gateway can be used with ARM9LoaderHax. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I just did a quick Google search)
my googling tells me that you can't get to gateway launcher from a cold boot but loading 9.2 followed by an entrypoint into gateway should work.

But assuming you're right, If I flash 9.2 (remove a9lh), use gateway.

I can simply restore a9lh by restoring a backup that has a9lh instead of going through the installer right?

Last edited by Unessential,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021