Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i read it just has a little security routine run at bootup.......how easy that will be for gateway to patch i have no idea, but im sure they looked before posting that they will have a fix out soon, so they are probably pretty confident it can be easily patched/bypassed

you're confusing 3ds and new3ds firmware. the only thing about the 3ds firmware is that all the patch locations changed so they need to go in and fix them and rebuild their firmware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you're confusing 3ds and new3ds firmware. the only new thing about the 3ds firmware is that all the patch locations changed so they need to go in and fix them and rebuild their firmware.
ah, ok thanks, i just read the thing someone linked to on 3dbrew about it looking if a certain region is not 00'd or something, must just apply to the new 3ds then i suppose

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Just chillz guys, this is just another update that wasn't compatible with current emunand like 7.1... it had to be adapted.

Don't think nintendo is going to try again with another encription because gateway already cracked one , they can crack another one. They need to think something else

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Just chillz guys, this is just another update that wasn't compatible with current emunand like 7.1... it had to be adapted.

Don't think nintendo is going to try again with another encription because gateway already cracked one , they can crack another one. They need to think something else

The crack wasn't instantaneous though. There was certainly delay in it.

And as Huntereb said, the New 3DS is a pretty big response to it

C RONALDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't power off my 3ds for a week, I only put it on sleep.
do you mean guys that I can't enter the emunand if I turn my 3ds off ?

Buck_7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's a nice update, but the screen capture is very limited. :sad: From trying it out myself it only allows you to take screenshots in the home menu(top or bottom) and wont let you snap shots in a suspended game. What's so interesting about a home menu? :wtf:

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think it's a nice update, but the screen capture is very limited. :sad: From trying it out myself it only allows you to take screenshots in the home menu(top or bottom) and wont let you snap shots in a suspended game. What?!
Lol yeah i think thats all what they added at this point. Hopefully nintendo give use more possibilities with the next big update.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a nice update, but the screen capture is very limited. :sad: From trying it out myself it only allows you to take screenshots in the home menu(top or bottom) and wont let you snap shots in a suspended game. What's so interesting about a home menu? :wtf:
You can show off your theme and then other people will want to buy it

Reactions: Huntereb

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still makes you wonder whats the point though. It's not like you can create your own theme so eventually everyone will have the same themes.
It's like pokemon. Take a screenshot, show your Friends, collect them all! That's the point.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This update is actually annoying me. It keeps asking to install on startup. While I know I can delete the file it downloaded, I know it'll do it all over again once I connect it to the Internet. Any way to tell it to stop downloading the firmware in the background?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant delete the file as its located in the nand, not on the sd card
the only way to get rid of it is to do a format emunand (I dont know if system format in the 3ds options while in emunand works)

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
110227ordfxmbmfwbarxba.jpg

OH YEAH MH4G confirmed working on 8.1 and gw2.3b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.