ssgfanboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I recently installed CFW on my old 3ds (11.8), but today when I went to turn it on, the console did not boot into the 3DS operating system, or CFW for that matter.

How I experienced this issue: Turned console on (with and without SD card), with SD card shows my Anemone splash I installed, without shows nothing but a black screen. Both times after about 10 or so seconds turns to a lighter shade of black. It requires me to then hold the power button twice to turn the console off (one to make the screen go fully black, the other to get the blue light off).

Troubleshooting I have done so far:
Remove and insert SD card.
Remove SD card and then turn console on.
Enter Godmod9 and try to get into system from there.

All of these steps have yielded negative results. What should I do next? Thanks.

Edit: the last thing I did was install a gbc rom using Asdolo's "Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS" and even then I turned the console off and on again and it was still working at that point.

Last edited by ssgfanboy,

ssgfanboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your nand might be corrupted to give you black screen, also have you check your SD card, it might be bootleg?

Yes I am able to access Luma menu. The only option I have selected is "Show NAND or user string in System Settings." I have now disabled the splash and will see if that does anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: It seems like it was a Luma bug where it did not want to boot. After leaving the console alone for a few moments, it was able to get into the software just fine. So for those who have the same issue as me, leave the console alone, powered on, with no game cart installed and you should be able to ride it out.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am able to access Luma menu. The only option I have selected is "Show NAND or user string in System Settings." I have now disabled the splash and will see if that does anything.

Update: It seems like it was a Luma bug where it did not want to boot. After leaving the console alone for a few moments, it was able to get into the software just fine. So for those who have the same issue as me, leave the console alone, powered on, with no game cart installed and you should be able to ride it out.
yeah this is a strange thing that luma does sometimes not sure what triggers it though it only seems to happen on my old 3ds

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sometime for me , it would just give me a black screen when I power on my system, I have to power it off and reseat the SD card.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this is a strange thing that luma does sometimes not sure what triggers it though it only seems to happen on my old 3ds

Sometime for me , it would just give me a black screen when I power on my system, I have to power it off and reseat the SD card.

The worst is when you reseat the SD card again for two or three more times, and it still doesn't boot. You start mental check listing, "shit, one of my ribbon cables bit the dust? Fuu."

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst is when you reseat the SD card again for two or three more times, and it still doesn't boot. You start mental check listing, "shit, one of my ribbon cables bit the dust? Fuu."

Well it doesn't bother me too much, only happen sometime when I take out the SD card , used it on my computer and then put it back, probably have to do with the connection on the SD card adapter to the board, then again my 3DS is hardmodded, not sure if that has anything to do with it, and sometime when I try to shut it down normally it wouldn't shut down I have to force it to shut down lol.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
replace your boot.firm with the newest one available. Easiest way I know.
CTRnand is where the boot.firm is stored on the console itself incase the sd card gives out. There are a few extra steps within godmode9 to copy over the most recent one that you can get to put onto there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: NFates
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i put micro sd doesnt matter what i do just turn on or start on to gm9 etc.. just doenst work stay black if i turn on already inside and if i put during just freezes im really sad

I. Reformat your SD card with MiniTool Partition Wizard and and check with H2testw. Instructions here; for H2testw, you can change the language to Brazilian Portuguese in top-right corner at 3ds.hacks.guide.

II. Try the guides in post #16.

III. If that SD card still doesn't work, use a different card. Repeat steps I and II for the second card.

IV. Should the second SD card fail to work, you probably need to replace your SD card slot reader.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: While the victims are being buried