1. dsfanatic5

dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    If the 3DS really does find a way to end piracy on Nintendo's handhelds, I can't wait to see the sales numbers that ensue. Perhaps when companies that push out shovelware regularly find the sales to be abysmal, and they can no longer blame piracy, they'll have to go back to making good games. If you think about the casual crowd that actually buys shovelware, most of them don't even know that flashcarts exist. Gamers who make smart purchases, or only buy high quality titles, won't even think about buying these below-average games. So basically, most pirates who use flashcarts aren't probably hurting the companies who crank out bad titles, since they probably wouldn't have bought them anyways. This could be a reality check for developers, and those who use flashcarts. Who knows?

2. MFDC12

MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well, they used to make it so you could not install games onto one if you were banned, iirc.
    but they made it so you can in one of the recent firmwares

3. timmyisme22

timmyisme22 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll still buy the 3DS just because I'm a Nintendo fan-boy... and they've always had one of the best handhelds available. It'll be cool how it turns out for future games. I'm betting it'll be hacked at some point, but meh. Just haven't bought any games for any system/PC because lack of money.

The thing that made me laugh about this article though, was THQ saying they didn't release games for the DS was because piracy made it so they couldn't move any real quantity... and yet the games they did release were utter shit (Bratz anyone?) and I've only seen maybe three or four games that were an okay release by them on the DS.
    Maybe that's why they couldn't move any real sales... who knows...

(I didn't read the full article... didn't want to register)

*EDIT*
    Was also too lazy to read the 15 pages between this and the first to see if anyone else thought this way.

4. MLRX

MLRX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i lol'd at Unfortunately Curran was unable or unwilling to describe just how the 3DS would combat piracy. "I actually asked Nintendo to explain the technology and they said it's very difficult to do so because it's so sophisticated," he claimed.

They just don't want to say becuase it gives hackers an egde [​IMG]

5. amptor

amptor Banned
    Banned

United States
    I'd have a lot less games as well, be more selective, and I would play them all more. The only game I remember finishing on GBA was Super Mario World. And on DS I only finished Asphalt Urban GT which I purchased at best buy. Thug talked me into buying feel the magic that game was shit.

I don't need very many games. If I couldn't pirate the new handheld and I purchased 15 games like I do for every console I had not pirated in the past, I would be plenty happy. Piracy is overrated.

I'm too lazy to properly quote u had too many [​IMG]

6. gamefreak94

gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    Well they do permaban you from x-box live but sometimes (when Microsoft wants to be dicks) the will fuck up your hard drive, just like what happened to my cousin. That's why if you are going to pirate on an x-box, have 2 x-boxes. One for legit games, and one for pirating and testing games if you want to buy them or not.

7. iYoshi-

iYoshi- GBAtemp Regular

We are little shits arnt we.

8. WildArms

WildArms GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    i give them 2 weeks, ive been so surprised about what some hackers can do, and im sure there will be A LOT going for the 3DS, trying to make a name of themselves

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    The DSi can do music, the 3DS will most certainly be powerful enough for decent video and crap.

10. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
    Banned

United States
    Then again, I still have to run unlicensed software to play video on my Wii...

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    Oh yeah, nintendo. [​IMG]

12. Patcheresu

Patcheresu Member
    Newcomer

United States
    People who want to know about the 3DS SHOULD READ THE E3 THREADS AND SUCH. OMG, Nintendo ACTUALLY TEAXCHES YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR NEW GAMES so you'll STOP imagining little features for it, when they have already BEEN DENIED. Your answer? Here's a hint. At E3, Nintendo said that you'll be able to watch 3D full length feature films on it. I wish my computer was that powerful.

13. Ruri

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is my favorite part:
    Yeah, sure, piracy has killed THQ's revenue on the DS. Not the fact that all of their DS games are utter shit ports that even the pirates don't want to touch.

14. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
    Banned

United States
    Maybe you should learn from an English teacher...or like...an anger management counselor...

15. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I do remember that piracy hurts the entertainment industry, so if a company loses money to the pirates, then a company will be bankurpt. And so that's why Nintendo 3DS will be an anti-piracy video game system. The more pirates will convert into legal buyers, the more money what a company will have.

So many industrial countries have to combat piracy, as did some developing countries (such as India and the countries of Central and South America). However, most developing countries, like the Philippines, are not have to combat piracy.

16. Wintrale

Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Didn't Nintendo actually announce that we will be able to enjoy 3D movies on the device?

17. tsol

tsol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ^^

18. PyroSpark

PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Double ^^

19. LapisLazuli

LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

United States
    yep, they did. no clue what bs they're talking about.

20. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

i love when they release it in jap then here because by the time it comes here it will be hacked

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - piracy, Nintys, spell