3DS "Local Wireless" emulation question: "local" at a distance…

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Kizul Emeraldfire, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Kizul Emeraldfire
    OP

Kizul Emeraldfire Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    So… As everyone here is quite aware: Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, and Pokémon Yellow Version/Special Pikachu Edition have been released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

This is awesome! :D …Except that I face the exact same problem with the eShop version of these games as I do with my physical copies: I have nobody local with which to trade.

So my question here is, basically: is there a way that I can create a virtual Local Wireless network that my and my non-local friends' xDS systems can connect to for trading/battling in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow? Sorta like LogMeIn Hamachi, but for Nintendo's hand-held systems instead of PCs.

I know there's something similar to that for the DS/DSi and the Wii, but does anyone know if there's anything like what I'm describing — for the 3DS family of systems?

2. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Apr 23, 2009
    Brazil
    Not possible at the moment, the protocol Nintendo uses for local network is a bit different than normal wifi packets use (aka you and your friend would probably need dedicated hardware to do this).

3. Kizul Emeraldfire
    OP

Kizul Emeraldfire Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Phooey. ò.o Ah well — perhaps in the future, it will be figured out… :)