Hacking 3DS keeps asking me to update... how to stop this?

bob123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 3ds systems. A regular on 4.5 and an XL on 5.x.

I would like to keep my regular on 4.5 but it keeps asking me to update every 24 hours.

Is there a file on the SD card that I can just delete to stop this? Or will it just nag forever?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
3uxvuw.jpg

But yeah, it will prompt you every 24 hours. If you're worried about accidentally saying yes, just turn off wifi. It won't stop the prompts, but obviously you can't update without an internet connection.

Reactions: gamefan5 and DSoryu

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
3uxvuw.jpg

But yeah, it will prompt you every 24 hours. If you're worried about accidentally saying yes, just turn off wifi. It won't stop the prompts, but obviously you can't update without an internet connection.

I accidentally pressed yes when 5.0.0.XX came out even when I wasn't at home with no wifi (switch was also off) but it updated anyway! It downloaded the update :c

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From where? Unless Navi is actually a glowing portable router, that doesn't seem possible.
If enough time goes bye, the 3DS will download the update by itself when your not using it and while its connected to the Internet. When its downloaded, it'll keep yelling at you to update.

JaronMatthewHigg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm under the impression that the 3DS pre-downloads the update before asking you... not too sure but I think I read it somewhere if not in one of the threads here.
Hey anton, that is a very intelligent theory to mention, Nintendo would never leave a hole like that empty. Too many discoveries were made like this about the Nintendo 3DS to not know that Nintendo still have more cards hiding in their sleeves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr