3DS Japanese launch lineup announced!

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iMasaru said:
Dunno if i should buy this or wait for 3DS XL, when it comes out.
unsure.gif
thats where im at.

So you mean no launch MARIO??? how can, what, wait. if there is no Mario at launch, i'm not buying it for a wile.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. if i had the money by the time the 3ds comes out here i would get ssf4, nintendogs and try out the prof. layton game, since I hear it is just like the ace attorney series.

2. I thought they said that the 3ds would have more launch titles than the DS did? Or maybe, those are just the ones that are near or finished with development and are being manufactured.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is a really lame line-up. Not saying that these games are all bad, but we were all expecting much more, most notably Kid Icarus (which was the first 3DS game revealed I believe), and Zelda Ocarina of Time.
Of course, this could change when the 3DS is released in the States, or at least I hope so.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that line-up is seriously shit. Let's just hope that the US launch lineup won't suck that bad. The only thing that really looks like something I'd get is MAYBE Nintendogs, and MAYBE SSF4. Also, Ocarina of Time 3DS as a non-launch title is just stupid.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Everyone is looking at the prices of the 3ds and games and the launch list and are like.
OH NO THIS IS GAY.
Remember it's just for Japan so we can't take the japanese info as if it's officially happening to us.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Everyone is looking at the prices of the 3ds and games and the launch list and are like.
OH NO THIS IS GAY.
Remember it's just for Japan so we can't take the japanese info as if it's officially happening to us.
That maybe true, but if March 1 is the supposed release date for the 3DS in Europe, that could also mean that the US release isn't too far away from it. And, if that is the case, the line up may still be the same.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jonesman99 said:
FireGrey said:
OH NO THIS IS GAY.
That maybe true, but if March 1 is the supposed release date for the 3DS in Europe, that could also mean that the US release isn't too far away from it. And, if that is the case, the line up may still be the same.
yes but alot of people may have made it for english but not translated to japanese yet and the other way around.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS will probably be about $250 to match the price of the Wii (as the prices match in Japan). Would match the whole "same price as when the Wii launched" thing. I highly doubt it's gonna hit $300. Nintendo knows what technology they're using, but they still want it to sell.

Anyways, as I said, the release line up has a little something for everybody for Japan, but expect the English launch list to be a little lacking. Not all of those games will have been translated yet (ie: Layton which has no international release date yet), so we can't expect launch lists to be the same.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
They....really should have gotten this in developer's hands earlier...

I mean 8 games...

2 are known to be bad-to-lukewarm (Samurai Warriors + Combat of Giants)

1 overly-made game that wouldn't really benefit from 3D, and is free online...a lot...(Puzzle Bobble)

1 Sports game that won't resonate with American audiences (and probably won't be released here - so minus one...3DSoccer)

2 Franchises that have been dying since the '90s (Ridge Racer + SSF - please don't get all whiny on me, I don't like the death of the 2D fighter either, but it's happening)

1 "game" that, frankly, isn't that fun, don't care what you say (Nintendogs)

And then, Professor Layton, which (I'm assuming) will be one of the worst in the series due to time constraints, lack of inspiration (it was said in an interview that the only theme they had working at the time was that it has 3D), and dealing with new hardware. Not to mention that it won't be released as a launch title overseas, seeing how long it takes to localize those things...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered the 3ds and you know what...I don't like any of the launch games
laugh.gif

Cave story and Pokemon white being the only thing I play on 3DS for a month or two ftw?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ew. What a horrible lineup. Totally not spending the cash on the system for this. There's no Mario or anything? Instead we get fucking Nintendogs? AGAIN?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free